Game Discussion: Swimsanity!

Did latest update break achievements?

• XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,158,200
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 19:25
    Toxic lagoon has crashed at the end with full lives 3 straight times now. Infuriating.
  • IEXECUTION BKIIEXECUTION BKI1,446,327
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 15:51, Edited on 20 January 21 at 15:52 by IEXECUTION BKI
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Toxic lagoon has crashed at the end with full lives 3 straight times now. Infuriating.
    Yeah I have crashed prior to the final boss phase in various places at least half a dozen times now. I'm to the point where I will likely wait until I can get a series X before coming back to this as it just feels like a complete waste of time.
  • RiBoPRiBoP763,404
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 14:20, Edited on 18 March 21 at 14:22 by RiBoP
    IEXECUTION BKI said:
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Yeah I have crashed prior to the final boss phase in various places at least half a dozen times now. I'm to the point where I will likely wait until I can get a series X before coming back to this as it just feels like a complete waste of time.
    RiBoP said:
    J eVeRy DaY 514 said:
    Ya I’ve crashed on toxic lagoon last two attempts in local play right at the end before the final fight. Its very un motivating but I will keep trying lol

EDIT: I probably ended up playing this level 10-12 times solo. Crashed roughly half the time including once when the boss had only a couple hits left...ugh. Even though, I still think solo is the way to go for this level if you are playing on a regular xbox one. If anyone else out there is attempting solo here are some tips to prevent game crashing.

- Do not use unleash while the boss is hitting your trip mine (especially multiples)
    - Area before the boss with all the enemies... just don't use your unleash. Take the death if necessary (you get 3)
    - In the same area as above, stay as close to the floor as possible and move backward as little as possible. Avoid moving backwards if you can.
    Thanks for the tips! I am currently at the point where I had almost given up on this level laugh
    Will try another run and see if the tips above help!

So in short:
    - Don't backtrack ?
    - Don't use unleash (and never in combination with trip mines) ?
    - Kill purple ships a.s.a.p. ?
    I realize now I haven't replied after finally getting past this point. In my own game, all the tips in the my last reply didn't help: the game froze every single time. And indeed, it's infuriating!

When I tried it in co-op (joining someone else's game): I had no problems at all. So please don't waste anymore time in trying to beat this playing solo and set up a boosting session with other players! Good luck!

And @ IEXECUTION BKI and XI AlphaMale IX : it didn't work for me on the Series X as well by the way, so the best way is to do it in co-op with some other players.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads