Community Events

Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas 2020 Contest

12 Days of Christmas 2020 Discussion

• Timww572Timww572970,784
    Posted on 26 December 20 at 19:47
    Bradyguy99 said:
    Hi uh how do I start the 12th day? It's not tracking and I can't find the start button....
    The button to start is in the contest panel. If you're on a computer, then it should be on the right side of your page, if you're on mobile then it's near the bottom of the page.

I think someone had previously said that you can also find it on your progress page Bradyguy99
  • Burnah BrosBurnah Bros309,734
    Posted on 26 December 20 at 19:47
    I was having fun with this during the first 4 days but then day 5 totally put an end to the fun. 5 100 gamer score achievements is too time consuming for me. The vast majority of 100 gamer score achievements on my valids are for beating the entire game. I was able to pull off 3 achievements but they all were very time consuming and my remaining options to complete day 5 are either games that are not fun(subjective) or would take too many hours. Why is day 5 something that could take 100-200 hours? I soon as I saw day 5 requirements, then looked at my valids, and I was done. I decided it was not worth it to dedicate my entire December to completing day 5 and not be able to spend time with my loved one's because I was trying to complete day 5.
    Burnah Bros
  • Posted on 26 December 20 at 20:20
    Burnah Bros said:
    I was having fun with this during the first 4 days but then day 5 totally put an end to the fun. 5 100 gamer score achievements is too time consuming for me. The vast majority of 100 gamer score achievements on my valids are for beating the entire game. I was able to pull off 3 achievements but they all were very time consuming and my remaining options to complete day 5 are either games that are not fun(subjective) or would take too many hours. Why is day 5 something that could take 100-200 hours? I soon as I saw day 5 requirements, then looked at my valids, and I was done. I decided it was not worth it to dedicate my entire December to completing day 5 and not be able to spend time with my loved one's because I was trying to complete day 5.
    It all depends on what you're willing to do. I got 3 of my 5 off of In Between Achievements and I did it quickly. The game itself is full of 100 GS achievements and it's only supposed to take 5-6 hours to complete.
    - But that's just my 2¢
  • Bradyguy99Bradyguy99298,310
    Posted on 26 December 20 at 22:03
    Timww572 said:
    Bradyguy99 said:
    Hi uh how do I start the 12th day? It's not tracking and I can't find the start button....
    The button to start is in the contest panel. If you're on a computer, then it should be on the right side of your page, if you're on mobile then it's near the bottom of the page.

I think someone had previously said that you can also find it on your progress page Bradyguy99
    Yup that did it. Thanks for the help!
  • Posted on 27 December 20 at 01:05
    I got 13 done and it’s still not saying I’m done
  • rekikirerekikire1,482,843
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 01:13
    foreverzerov2 said:
    I got 13 done and it’s still not saying I’m done
    You're done don't worry about it, after the end of the event they'll fix up everyone that got more than 12 counted.
  • Posted on 27 December 20 at 01:25
    HyruleBalverine said:
    Burnah Bros said:
    It all depends on what you're willing to do. I got 3 of my 5 off of In Between Achievements and I did it quickly. The game itself is full of 100 GS achievements and it's only supposed to take 5-6 hours to complete.
    I used Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons which is a truly phenomenal game that can be beaten in one afternoon
  • Posted on 27 December 20 at 10:49
    So this is f*cked-up. In my linkfrog chain i needed a cheevo staring with an L, i unlocked 1 random cheevo before i got my L achievement. Apperently it did't register the L cheevo just like the next 4 cain linked cheevo's. What do i do now? And can i get in contact with one of the admins, because this really sucks
  • Kol MagiusKol Magius417,576
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 11:09
    Achievements have to end in a letter to count for day 12. I’m thinking the L achievement you wanted was the one ending in periods. I doubt an admin would help you, my impression is it’s intentional, though I don’t recall if it was mentioned anywhere.
  • Posted on 27 December 20 at 13:12
    Event is over? My day 11 dont count any chievo
  • MrCoolness3MrCoolness3980,593
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 13:49, Edited on 27 December 20 at 13:50 by MrCoolness3
    UncouthSquid816 said:
    So this is f*cked-up. In my linkfrog chain i needed a cheevo staring with an L, i unlocked 1 random cheevo before i got my L achievement. Apperently it did't register the L cheevo just like the next 4 cain linked cheevo's. What do i do now? And can i get in contact with one of the admins, because this really sucks
    Like Kol Magius said if you were planning on using this one you unlocked for L it is invalid as it ends with a (.)

Plague Inc: EvolvedLike flies round…UncouthSquid816The Like flies round… achievement in Plague Inc: Evolved worth 18 pointsDiscover the Fly Magnet Combo

You must use a different achievement to continue the 12 Achievement LinkFrog challenge

Achievements can't start or end with any punctuation or numbers to count
    "To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
  • MrCoolness3MrCoolness3980,593
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 13:54, Edited on 27 December 20 at 14:01 by MrCoolness3
    Fergus McDuck said:
    Event is over? My day 11 dont count any chievo
    I don't understand your question?? You unlocked 4 achievements for challenge 11. You need another 7 to complete that challenge.

The event itself ends on January 1st at 1am UTC.
    "To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
  • DaytimeCometDaytimeComet236,256
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 17:56
    Done! My thanks to the organizers. Now I have to go back to figuring out what I want to play all by myself. So many choices...
  • LulzwagonLulzwagon89,039
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 23:18
    My unlocked achievement for leapfrog isn't registering at all on the site. I only have about 1 more day I can do the challenge before I won't have any time for the year. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to get it manually added and keep the chain going?
  • Timww572Timww572970,784
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 23:51
    Lulzwagon said:
    My unlocked achievement for leapfrog isn't registering at all on the site. I only have about 1 more day I can do the challenge before I won't have any time for the year. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to get it manually added and keep the chain going?
    I'm not sure what game or achievement is causing problems, but you could try to unlock another achievement in the game that won't scan and see if that fixes the problem.
  • Redd FiveRedd Five887,114
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 01:18, Edited on 28 December 20 at 01:20 by Redd Five
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    HyruleBalverine said:
    Burnah Bros said:
    I used Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons which is a truly phenomenal game that can be beaten in one afternoon
    I did 3 in Rec Room (free) and 2 in Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle which is often on sale and can be completed pretty quickly.

There are lots of 1 hour completions nowadays with plenty of 100 point achievements.
  • rekikirerekikire1,482,843
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 05:26
    Lulzwagon said:
    looks like you hadn't clicked the start button to start your chain. Your last 4 achievements have now started your chain after you clicked the button.
  • Osmo76Osmo761,021,436
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 09:35
    Burnah Bros said:
    Looks like you still have 5 100G achievements in The Final Station and the whole base game can be completed in about 5 hours. If you don't feel like playing that, Fractured Minds is on GP and takes like 15 minutes to complete. Even if you don't have GP it costs like 2 euros/bucks and I think most of the profits go to charity for mental health.
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,321,125
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 12:59
    Managed to finish this up today.

Looks like I will be in the club for at least one more event.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm469,574
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 13:58
    Johnny Sinister said:
    Managed to finish this up today.

Looks like I will be in the club for at least one more event.
    Congrats toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.