Community Events

Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas 2020 Contest

12 Days of Christmas 2020 Discussion

  • LancerideLanceride410,203
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 16:57
    Johnny Sinister said:
    Managed to finish this up today.

    Looks like I will be in the club for at least one more event.
    Glad to have you still kickin' in the club. 😁
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • rekikirerekikire1,474,073
    Posted on 29 December 20 at 08:28
    Lanceride said:
    Glad to have you still kickin' in the club. 😁
    Wonder how many are going to be left.
  • Kooky Cow 32Kooky Cow 32453,080
    Posted on 29 December 20 at 15:08
    Does anyone know if the final achievement in the chain (the 12th one) can end in punctuation? I'm assuming it'll just be a no due to overall coding, but considering it doesn't have to link any further I thought I'd ask. Would make finishing it much easier for me!
    Kooky Cow 32
  • JblacqJblacq699,664
    Posted on 29 December 20 at 15:11
    Kooky Cow 32 said:
    Does anyone know if the final achievement in the chain (the 12th one) can end in punctuation? I'm assuming it'll just be a no due to overall coding, but considering it doesn't have to link any further I thought I'd ask. Would make finishing it much easier for me!
    No, it must follow the same restrictions as all the others.
  • Posted on 30 December 20 at 00:46
    Here we are reaching the end of 12 Days of Christmas and Leap Frog is running Period 107... That's Insane!
    MineMasterJake1
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20446,877
    Posted on 30 December 20 at 01:28
    Finally managed to finish today. I could have done it much more quickly, but I decided my "hard mode" this year would be to use the fewest games manageable (and only one game per day, if possible) all starting with the letter F.

    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    So I managed it using only 7 different games (might have been able to do it with fewer, but I started before all the challenges were announced), and I only had to use more than one game on two of the days (apart from Day 3, where it was required).

    I think I spent almost as much time planning out Day 12 (so I'd know what achievements I needed NOT to pop on days 7-11) as I did actually playing the games. That's always my favorite part of 12 Days of Christmas though. Thanks for another great event!
  • Posted on 30 December 20 at 20:26
    Well I finished and I didnt have to start many games. the last 12 were all from previously started games so plan on working down backlog in 2021
    Rick
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,216
    Posted on 30 December 20 at 22:26
    I started 7 games specifically for the challenge—finishing 6 of them (so far). I also used one achievement from each of two 360 games I started just before the challenge & plan to complete soon.

    My enhanced game: One Eyed Kutkh

    My fighting game: Fighting Vipers

    I used Fighting Vipers for one of the three 360 games. I had Mars: War Logs & Islands of Wakfu in progress for the other two.

    I’d played Dunamis 15 on a previous GamerTag & found the old disc to replay it & get 4 need a guide.

    Back to One Eyed Kutkh for five 100 pt achievements.

    When I needed a Play Anywhere game, I thought I’d get strategic. It seemed that Swordbreaker The Game would not only satisfy Day 6, but its 52 remaining achievements would help me in the remaining 6 days of the contest. This proved to be the case giving me 7 missable achievements, 8 walkthrough achievements, spelling all but one letter of MISTLETOE, & taking care of half of Day 12’s LinkFrog.

    Bouncy Bullets was my Day 10 shooter.

    Attack of the Toy Tanks was my Day 11 Automobile game.

    I was planning on using Swordbreaker & Aborigenus for Day 12’s LinkFrog. After I was committed to a D, I realized Don't touch Gans! wouldn’t count because of its concluding punctuation. I had no D achievements in my incomplete games. The easiest solution was to start Chop is Dish & get Dills Hills—keeping me on track with my original intent for an achievement starting with D & ending in S.

    After that, it was easy to cherry pick Swordbreaker’s achievements to finish off LinkFrog.

    12 cheers for Swordbreaker The GameTA’s 2020 GOTY! rock
  • RAINKINGX1RAINKINGX11,024,379
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 09:24
    Which ones did you use and what order after starting with an S in Swordbreaker ?
    I am doing it the same way as you but cannot see a full 11 link. Would appreciate any help as I have very limited time today to complete this in time.
  • Posted on 31 December 20 at 11:36
    What time does this end today, exactly? I have six achievements left for day 12, and they’re pretty easy, but I can’t get on until like 4 hours from now! :(
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20446,877
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 12:25
    SchiZoPHreNiikz said:
    What time does this end today, exactly? I have six achievements left for day 12, and they’re pretty easy, but I can’t get on until like 4 hours from now! :(
    Officially ends at 1 a.m. UTC, which is 8 p.m. US Eastern, 5 p.m. Pacific. You've got roughly 12 and a half hours from the time of this post.

    Good luck!
  • Runner eGirlRunner eGirl500,303
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 15:09, Edited on 31 December 20 at 15:12 by Runner eGirl
    RAINKINGX1 said:
    Which ones did you use and what order after starting with an S in Swordbreaker ?
    I am doing it the same way as you but cannot see a full 11 link. Would appreciate any help as I have very limited time today to complete this in time.
    If you are willing to buy a game (cheap just checked the price, it's 8 bucks, so not that cheap... It must have been on sale when I got it, cause I dodn't pay that much), you can combine Swordbreaker with One Word by POWGI Achievements

    I *think* you can pretty much pick and choose in what order you unlock the achievements. I had it ready for "mistletoe" but ended up not needing it
    embrace your inner freak
  • RAINKINGX1RAINKINGX11,024,379
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 16:18
    Runner eGirl said:
    RAINKINGX1 said:
    Which ones did you use and what order after starting with an S in Swordbreaker ?
    I am doing it the same way as you but cannot see a full 11 link. Would appreciate any help as I have very limited time today to complete this in time.
    If you are willing to buy a game (cheap just checked the price, it's 8 bucks, so not that cheap... It must have been on sale when I got it, cause I dodn't pay that much), you can combine Swordbreaker with One Word by POWGI Achievements

    I *think* you can pretty much pick and choose in what order you unlock the achievements. I had it ready for "mistletoe" but ended up not needing it
    Thanks very much. I ended up using 3 games and got it done. I appreciate the reply and assistance though , thank you
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,216
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 16:25
    RAINKINGX1 said:
    Which ones did you use and what order after starting with an S in Swordbreaker ?
    I am doing it the same way as you but cannot see a full 11 link. Would appreciate any help as I have very limited time today to complete this in time.
    Skeleton Guards
    Succubus
    Stinky Friend
    Dog Guardian
    Nice Dog
    Greatest Hero
    Old Bones
    Sniper Shoot
    Timbernator
    Respectable Reader
    Rat
    The Witch
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,210,543
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 20:40, Edited on 31 December 20 at 20:40 by anthonyd46
    Halo MCC had a lot of them for me for Link frog if you haven't touched that game much.

    Unto Dust
    Terminal Conditions
    Siege of Ivory Tower
    Rising Waters
    Swift and Shallow
    Workers' Compensation
    No Picnic

    This was mostly easy stuff just finding terminals, doing custom multiplayer etc. I got 7 of them this way.

    Also two very easy battletoads achievements in Rare replay helped at the beginning of the chain:

    Rash Action
    No Flies On You

    They are basically for just doing the first snapshot in battletoads and battletoads arcade in rare replay.
  • TheophilosTheophilos377,636
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 20:42
    BetaSigX20 said:
    SchiZoPHreNiikz said:
    What time does this end today, exactly? I have six achievements left for day 12, and they’re pretty easy, but I can’t get on until like 4 hours from now! :(
    Officially ends at 1 a.m. UTC, which is 8 p.m. US Eastern, 5 p.m. Pacific. You've got roughly 12 and a half hours from the time of this post.

    Good luck!
    On the Leaderboard page for the event, it currently says that the event ends in 13 hours 19 minutes, which 5 A.M. Eastern 1/1/20, or 10:00 A.M. UTC. Man you had me worried there. I'm at 9/10 on Day 11 still, and I've been planning to take care of Day 12 tonight.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,210,543
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 20:44
    Theophilos said:
    BetaSigX20 said:
    SchiZoPHreNiikz said:
    What time does this end today, exactly? I have six achievements left for day 12, and they’re pretty easy, but I can’t get on until like 4 hours from now! :(
    Officially ends at 1 a.m. UTC, which is 8 p.m. US Eastern, 5 p.m. Pacific. You've got roughly 12 and a half hours from the time of this post.

    Good luck!
    On the Leaderboard page for the event, it currently says that the event ends in 13 hours 19 minutes, which 5 A.M. Eastern 1/1/20, or 10:00 A.M. UTC. Man you had me worried there. I'm at 9/10 on Day 11 still, and I've been planning to take care of Day 12 tonight.
    Weird cause the FAQ says :

    Event Start and End times:
    Start: December 1st at 10am UTC
    End: January 1st at 1am UTC
    Mind you, time is kept as UTC so adjust for your time zone where appropriate!
  • LancerideLanceride410,203
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 21:35
    It is looking like Club 99 will become Club 98, thanks to one member who seems to have moved on to PC gaming.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,216
    Posted on 31 December 20 at 22:06, Edited on 31 December 20 at 22:15 by Allgorhythm
    Theophilos said:
    On the Leaderboard page for the event, it currently says that the event ends in 13 hours 19 minutes, which 5 A.M. Eastern 1/1/20, or 10:00 A.M. UTC. Man you had me worried there. I'm at 9/10 on Day 11 still, and I've been planning to take care of Day 12 tonight.
    As soon as you finish Day 11, you can get Swordbreaker The Game for $4.99. Then, after you start the day 12 challenge, do the 12 achievements I listed in the post just above. Use the game’s exceptional walkthrough to cherry pick the achievements one by one.

    Make sure you quit to the main menu whenever you get an achievement for the challenge. For example, after you get Succubus, press cn_start and then select the circular arrow to go back to the main menu. This is because, later, you’ll redo the same playthrough Succubus was on to get Greatest Hero. You don’t want to pop Greatest Hero before you get the achievement ending in G.
  • Kol MagiusKol Magius413,920
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 00:48
    I kept going with my letter linking chain just for kicks, and on the off chance that this year’s quirky leaderboard spontaneously started showing the extended chain total again. By my count I got to 100 before I’d had enough.

    Thanks for the fun challenge!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.