Community Events

Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas 2020 Contest

12 Days of Christmas 2020 Discussion

  • Wraith260Wraith260383,781
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 01:10
    congrats to everyone that has managed to finish the challenge. and to those that fell short, don't worry. this was my first challenge completion after multiple attempts. every challenge is a fresh chance and nothing real is lost if you don't reach the end. as long as you had fun trying, that's the most important thing.

    here's to 2021!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm469,213
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 01:14
    Wraith260 said:
    here's to 2021!
    toast
  • JawaOnDaMoonJawaOnDaMoon259,152
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 01:56
    Suggestion: don’t require a “start” button for one challenge after not requiring it for eleven others BECAUSE IT MIGHT FRUSTRATE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF SOME USERS.

    FUCK 2020
  • Silver1337Silver1337456,129
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 02:21, Edited on 01 January 21 at 02:22 by Silver1337
    letsgobulls 24 said:
    Suggestion: don’t require a “start” button for one challenge after not requiring it for eleven others
    It's obviously frustrating and was easy to miss in the announcement for the final day's challenge, but the reason it's needed for the linking challenge is that you can lock yourself out of completing it. None of the other challenges had that problem because the achievements weren't linked; if you got a qualifying achievement for MISTLETOE that you didn't intend to pop, then you were simply one step closer to finishing that day. For Day 12, a perfectly eligible achievement could lock you into an impossible or at least unreasonable string of achievements. I believe challenges of a similar nature have also had a start button, after this became an issue one year (might have been the ratio stepping challenge I'm thinking of?). I'm sorry to see you came so close.
  • JawaOnDaMoonJawaOnDaMoon259,152
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 02:52
    I appreciate the kind response. I read the entire Day 12 discussion and am crystal clear on the reasoning. It’s understandable, but definitely unexpected and seems unnecessary. If someone starts the challenge with an unintended letter, they would just suck it up, adjust accordingly and continue on.

    Well I can’t do anything about it now. I was hoping to end this year on a high note instead of a complete bummer. I need to clear my head. Hopeful that next year is a better one.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,216,072
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 05:49
    The start button worked better for me because I needed to get an online achievement for a server closure today and it is the third achievement you get. Therefore because of the start button I was able to hold off on starting challenge twelve until I had unlocked the first achievement. If the start button wasnt there I couldn't use this game for the link challenge because achievements 2 and 3 connected but 1 did not.
  • AlbinoKidELITEAlbinoKidELITE1,351,490
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 12:49
    I’m usually quite efficient about these challenges and try to keep it to as few games as possible, or one game per day, something along those lines... this year it got totally out of hand and I used 19 different games redface

    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    "I'm sorry AlbinoKidElite but you are very stupid!”
  • Y 355Y 355288,784
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 12:51
    Fantastic challenge, but has anyone had any issue with achievements not counting? I got what should have been the last one I needed, an A, and the site says I got the achievement, but it didn’t count towards my 12 link for some reason. Any insight?
  • Silver1337Silver1337456,129
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 12:58
    Y 355 said:
    Fantastic challenge, but has anyone had any issue with achievements not counting? I got what should have been the last one I needed, an A, and the site says I got the achievement, but it didn’t count towards my 12 link for some reason. Any insight?
    Looking at your recent unlocks, your A achievement was "Army of 2" in Yooka-Laylee. All achievements in the linking challenge needed to start and end with a valid letter to count towards your day's progress (even the 12th achievement), so the numeral at the end of that one means it was not a valid link. I'm sorry I don't have better news.
  • Y 355Y 355288,784
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 13:04
    Ah right! Well that’s a shame. Thank you for letting me know. 👍🏻
  • Y 355Y 355288,784
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 13:59
    I got a valid one just there just for myself. Took 2 minutes. Took two minutes. I’m too late of course, but at least I really know how badly I chose, and how quick I could’ve got it. I’m gutted to be honest. 😂
  • EurydaceEurydace591,180
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 19:11
    Y 355 said:
    I got a valid one just there just for myself. Took 2 minutes. Took two minutes. I’m too late of course, but at least I really know how badly I chose, and how quick I could’ve got it. I’m gutted to be honest. 😂
    Sorry dude. At least it was fun!
  • superniceguysuperniceguy337,429
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 23:56
    Silver1337 said:
    Y 355 said:
    Fantastic challenge, but has anyone had any issue with achievements not counting? I got what should have been the last one I needed, an A, and the site says I got the achievement, but it didn’t count towards my 12 link for some reason. Any insight?
    Looking at your recent unlocks, your A achievement was "Army of 2" in Yooka-Laylee. All achievements in the linking challenge needed to start and end with a valid letter to count towards your day's progress (even the 12th achievement), so the numeral at the end of that one means it was not a valid link. I'm sorry I don't have better news.
    I had similar problem on PSN I used challenge 9 to find all valid Es and found one but the trophy name ended with a 1 and only got 11 linking instead of 12. As it was the last I did not care how it ended with, and trying to squeeze it in spent all night stressing over it.

    I think in future it best the linking ones are not right at the end, as they need multiple scans to make sure it is valid. I thought it was valid until it didn't count but then there was no available scans left.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm469,213
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 00:01
    I miss my 12 Days of Christmas 2020 panel on my page. wave
  • rekikirerekikire1,480,176
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 00:30
    Bring on the next challenge.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm469,213
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 01:14
    rekikire said:
    Bring on the next challenge.
    +1
  • Posted on 02 January 21 at 08:38
    I just want to know if I completed challenge 12, I thought you were supposed to get a badge or something?
  • rekikirerekikire1,480,176
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 10:24
    You're one of the people that had multiple achievements scanned with the 12th one so you're actually on 14. They're going to need to do a cleanup to manually close things off for all people affected like you.
  • LarentixLarentix100,221
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 17:51
    rekikire said:
    You're one of the people that had multiple achievements scanned with the 12th one so you're actually on 14. They're going to need to do a cleanup to manually close things off for all people affected like you.
    Ah, so that's why I still didn't get my badge. I linked 13 achievements and scanned the 12th and 13th together. Guess I'll have to wait then.
  • Necr0 leeNecr0 lee589,940
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 20:18, Edited on 02 January 21 at 20:18 by Necr0 lee
    Hey guys, quick question - I got a notification a while back saying that I had earned my badge but I dont know where to go to claim it. Any ideas?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.