Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass gets 17 new games in December

• gothmogesgothmoges621,181
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 08:57
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Anyone have an up to date take on Ticket to Ride?
    What I know: PC version is a faster completion thanks to console RND. DLC is nearly or completely crashing the game and virtually impossible to complete
    I tried it a couple of months ago and wouldn't even start (one x). It kept crashing on main screen. Searched a bit online for a solution, and at the very least, it seems the game crashes quite often. Didn't lose any more time on it.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,438,720
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 08:58
    Meh
  • babij17 IVbabij17 IV167,000
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 09:02
    Save my $10
  • TinCannEdTinCannEd490,565
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 09:11, Edited on 02 December 20 at 09:24 by TinCannEd
    Typical. I JUST bought Control in the Black Friday Sale.

WHY couldn't they have given us the heads up BEFORE this past weekend's sale. Heck I would of probably bought the COmplete Mudrunner game, that was hugely discounted, but now is $28. angry Micro$oft.
    If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll , speaks like a troll, & post like a troll, it must be a troll.
  • pezza888pezza888161,428
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 09:14
    Some great additions this month, Control, Haven, Call of the Sea and Superhot have piqued my interest
  • NismoR034NismoR034949,986
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 09:21
    IronFistofSnuff said:
    NismoR034 said:
    Well, as one of only six people to complete Assetto Corsa I guess my ratio is about to go up quite a lot.
    Out of curiosity, did you use a wheel for the game? I've heard that it is awful on controller and basically requires a wheel to be able to play it.
    Nah, I don’t really have the right kind of setup to use a wheel unfortunately so everything racing I do is on controller, including Assetto. I’m sure the completion is a bit easier on wheel but still quite hard. I find the numbers for the game really interesting. I was third to complete it and since then only three others have done it as well. Is that completion number so low because it’s just too hard or is it that low because of how niche the game is? Bit of both I guess.
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto2,026,760
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 09:39
    slime rancher was quite enjoyable and the WT on here is really well done.
    See you in Valhalla
  • WrathOfIndraWrathOfIndra434,799
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 09:40
    Great. As if I didn't feel bad enough for buying Assetto Corsa.
  • Detox2033Detox2033323,375
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 10:08
    Very very good, I quite enjoy the touch controls for xcloud games on Android device!! The connection between Xbox controller and device is not always good...
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76685,009
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 10:36, Edited on 02 December 20 at 10:38 by SilentJay76
    TinCannEd said:

WHY couldn't they have given us the heads up BEFORE this past weekend's sale. Heck I would of probably bought the COmplete Mudrunner game, that was hugely discounted, but now is $28. angry Micro$oft.
    You could always buy it the next time it's hugely discounted, TinCann€d.

NismoR034 said:
    Assetto. (...) I find the numbers for the game really interesting. I was third to complete it and since then only three others have done it as well. Is that completion number so low because it’s just too hard or is it that low because of how niche the game is? Bit of both I guess.
    I can't comment on the difficulty, but it's certainly a bit niche, it seems. Currently there are only 8627 players. In comparison, FM7 has 120,560 players.

It's also not rated very well, which won't help its popularity or the time people would be willing to invest to complete it.
  • Teriyaki TejTeriyaki Tej1,015,848 1,015,848 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 10:42
    Morkredd and Phoggs! are down as gamepass to.
  • StabaCadaverStabaCadaver326,499
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 11:33
    TinCannEd said:

Hopefully you bought it for the DLC and Series X optimization (coming next year). It appears only the standard version is coming to Game Pass.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,362,897
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 12:23
    TinCannEd said:

Probably not much of a consolation, but Mudrunner is on sale a lot, and pretty deeply discounted when it is.
    Always number 2.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,362,897
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 12:49
    NismoR034 said:
    IronFistofSnuff said:
    NismoR034 said:
    Well, as one of only six people to complete Assetto Corsa I guess my ratio is about to go up quite a lot.
    Out of curiosity, did you use a wheel for the game? I've heard that it is awful on controller and basically requires a wheel to be able to play it.
    Nah, I don’t really have the right kind of setup to use a wheel unfortunately so everything racing I do is on controller, including Assetto. I’m sure the completion is a bit easier on wheel but still quite hard. I find the numbers for the game really interesting. I was third to complete it and since then only three others have done it as well. Is that completion number so low because it’s just too hard or is it that low because of how niche the game is? Bit of both I guess.
    As one of this site’s most ardent racer enthusiast (I like to think), my opinion is that the game is pretty hard. I ascribed it to poor translation as I understand the PC version was loved. Maybe I need a wheel, which I have never used before. I found the AI to be difficult even on easy, though I play almost every racing game available on consoles.
    Always number 2.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion838,024
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 13:17
    Not sure if it is buried in the comments, but we're actually going to be getting a lot more than just 17 games. On the PC, the entire EA Play PC catalog will be added some time in December.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • NismoR034NismoR034949,986
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 14:57
    buttmudBrooks said:
    NismoR034 said:
    IronFistofSnuff said:
    NismoR034 said:
    As one of this site’s most ardent racer enthusiast (I like to think), my opinion is that the game is pretty hard. I ascribed it to poor translation as I understand the PC version was loved. Maybe I need a wheel, which I have never used before. I found the AI to be difficult even on easy, though I play almost every racing game available on consoles.
    I’m pretty much in the same boat. I play all the racing games and complete most of them as well. Most of the ones I still haven’t finished are because of a lack of time, not because of a lack of desire. They’ll be done eventually.

Assetto was indeed hard, the hardest of any of the sims on console. An interesting little tidbit is that some of the times required for Gold in the Hot Laps are stricter on console than they are PC, which is annoying as PC users are more likely to use wheels than console players are. Arguably should be the other way around.

Assetto’s race car handling is fantastic, further demonstrated in the sequel which focuses on race cars. But the road cars? Some of them were absolutely awful...
  • Vok 250Vok 250331,756
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 15:20
    I love that Xbox is getting JRPGs! ❤️❤️

Saves me a ton of money compares to the ridiculous cost of Switch and PS games.
  • Posted on 02 December 20 at 15:23
    NismoR034 said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    NismoR034 said:
    IronFistofSnuff said:
    NismoR034 said:
    I’m pretty much in the same boat. I play all the racing games and complete most of them as well. Most of the ones I still haven’t finished are because of a lack of time, not because of a lack of desire. They’ll be done eventually.

Assetto was indeed hard, the hardest of any of the sims on console. An interesting little tidbit is that some of the times required for Gold in the Hot Laps are stricter on console than they are PC, which is annoying as PC users are more likely to use wheels than console players are. Arguably should be the other way around.

Assetto’s race car handling is fantastic, further demonstrated in the sequel which focuses on race cars. But the road cars? Some of them were absolutely awful...
    Thanks for all the info! I may hold off on it until I get a new place where I can rethink my setup. Right now I have no room for a wheel and pedals. Plus I have so many other racing games to play first lol.
  • Posted on 02 December 20 at 15:25, Edited on 02 December 20 at 17:17 by Unpredictable D
    nice additions

I see eFootball PES 2020 is no longer available to purchase so if you don't own it this is the last chance to get the achievements or can you unlock them with the 2021 update ?
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • In Gyi YoonIn Gyi Yoon310,826
    Posted on 02 December 20 at 15:32
    will probably give a try about Control
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.