The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The Xbox Game Awards Sale 2020 is now live with big discounts on a range of games

  • Posted on 10 December 20 at 16:15
    brunopcosta1 said:
    May I suggest a separate section for "Optimized for the Series X|S" sales? Just like how TrueTrophies handles the PS5 sales.

    In the way it is currently in the site it looks like the Series X|S don't even exist :( No specific leaderboards, every backwards compatible game is also labeled as a Series X|S game, etc...
    +1

    I agree. I'd like to see non backwards compatible games or versions of games that can only be played on the X|S.
  • Posted on 10 December 20 at 16:26, Edited on 10 December 20 at 16:28 by Elite1111111111
    Ugh, Overcooked 2 Season Pass hasn't been on sale since June.

    Might grab the Pro Skater remake.
  • CrysisWarXX3CrysisWarXX3581,697
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 16:28
    WTH !!! you call this a sale laugh
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ378,912
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 16:39
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    brunopcosta1 said:
    May I suggest a separate section for "Optimized for the Series X|S" sales? Just like how TrueTrophies handles the PS5 sales.

    In the way it is currently in the site it looks like the Series X|S don't even exist :( No specific leaderboards, every backwards compatible game is also labeled as a Series X|S game, etc...
    +1

    I agree. I'd like to see non backwards compatible games or versions of games that can only be played on the X|S.
    Are there any on this list that would fit that criteria?
  • Posted on 10 December 20 at 16:49
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Ugh, Overcooked 2 Season Pass hasn't been on sale since June.

    Might grab the Pro Skater remake.
    Was hoping to see Overcooked 2 SP or the Doom Eternal pass on sale. Only want the passes, not the bundles, but they don't seem to like putting those on sale.
  • Ste4Beer85Ste4Beer85642,612
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 16:53
    notoriousJMZ said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    brunopcosta1 said:
    May I suggest a separate section for "Optimized for the Series X|S" sales? Just like how TrueTrophies handles the PS5 sales.

    In the way it is currently in the site it looks like the Series X|S don't even exist :( No specific leaderboards, every backwards compatible game is also labeled as a Series X|S game, etc...
    +1

    I agree. I'd like to see non backwards compatible games or versions of games that can only be played on the X|S.
    Are there any on this list that would fit that criteria?
    There is no exclusive games on series S/X are there?

    Also why would they do that if everything is BC?
    #illholdyourbeeryeah,
  • Posted on 10 December 20 at 16:55, Edited on 10 December 20 at 16:57 by Elite1111111111
    SquiSquiSquidio said:
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Ugh, Overcooked 2 Season Pass hasn't been on sale since June.

    Might grab the Pro Skater remake.
    Was hoping to see Overcooked 2 SP or the Doom Eternal pass on sale. Only want the passes, not the bundles, but they don't seem to like putting those on sale.
    It's super annoying with Overcooked since the pass was going on sale all the time before they announced All You Can Eat, but they can't stop discounting 2 since All You Can Eat is only on the Series. So now they've gone the bleh AAA publisher route of constantly discounting only the bundle.

    Fully intended to buy it from that sale in June but just brainfarted.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,211,176
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 17:48
    BlackxRyan said:
    Wow it's actually cheaper to take Control DLCs separately than taking the Season Pass.
    Typical Microsoft pricing... you see this quite often actually, especially with some of the older Assassin's Creed games (AC Syndicate and DLC comes to mind). It pays to check out the different options in any given sale smile
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • RockCiaytonRockCiayton496,957
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 17:50
    Will b getting torchlight 3. Maybe valhalla
    rockciayton
  • brunopcosta1brunopcosta1522,283
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 17:50
    notoriousJMZ said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    brunopcosta1 said:
    May I suggest a separate section for "Optimized for the Series X|S" sales? Just like how TrueTrophies handles the PS5 sales.

    In the way it is currently in the site it looks like the Series X|S don't even exist :( No specific leaderboards, every backwards compatible game is also labeled as a Series X|S game, etc...
    +1

    I agree. I'd like to see non backwards compatible games or versions of games that can only be played on the X|S.
    Are there any on this list that would fit that criteria?
    I think the best solution is to classify every Optimized game as a Series game (and Xbox One if that's the case). Just like Play Anywhere games that are classified as Xbox One and Windows 10 games.

    If the game is not Optimized, remove the Series X|S tag. Backwards Compatible 360 games don't have an Xbox One tag, why should BC One games have a Series X|S tag?

    Basically the 62 games that were already Optimized for the Series X|S should be classified as a Series X|S game aswell. The rest should be left as an Xbox One game.

    Here is a list: https://forum.xboxera.com/t/the-xbox-series-x-s-guide-every-...
  • YODA12320YODA123201,973,666
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 18:25
    sinkr 2 isnt part of the VGA sale rofl..
    Regards;Yoda12320
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13559,210
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 18:35
    Wahay. The sale on torchlight i was waiting for
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead619,301
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 18:36, Edited on 10 December 20 at 19:03 by HolyHalfDead
    stebeer85 said:
    notoriousJMZ said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:
    brunopcosta1 said:
    May I suggest a separate section for "Optimized for the Series X|S" sales? Just like how TrueTrophies handles the PS5 sales.

    In the way it is currently in the site it looks like the Series X|S don't even exist :( No specific leaderboards, every backwards compatible game is also labeled as a Series X|S game, etc...
    +1

    I agree. I'd like to see non backwards compatible games or versions of games that can only be played on the X|S.
    Are there any on this list that would fit that criteria?
    There is no exclusive games on series S/X are there?

    Also why would they do that if everything is BC?
    But there are exclusive games on Series X|S, and everything isn’t BC (for that they need to get the Kinect sensor working and remove the China region lock).

    PlayStation doesn’t have Smart Delivery. Problem is Microsoft have slapped Series X|S on every game that can be played on XS so it’s pretty hard to tell them apart.

    We never had “Optimised for Xbox One X” sales either.

    TA do have lists, and I have separated the others out here - HolyHalfDead's blog post - Xbox Series X|S Games Lists

    Xbox and Xbox 360 games that are playable on XO and XS were also recently added into the mix by Microsoft. Microsoft want to blur the lines between hardware. There are even some games can be played on Xbox, X360, X360S, XO, XOS, XOX, XSS and XSX, not to mention Windows, Android and soon iOS.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase356,654
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 18:38
    How the hell does Wasteland 3 still have unobtainables...Fking joke
  • Le MLG RamenLe MLG Ramen353,874
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 18:38
    When the hell are they going to have sales on non xbox game pass games
  • EveryBaseEveryBase356,654
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 18:44
    Is Mortal Shell a Soulslike?
  • Posted on 10 December 20 at 18:56
    MH The Rockstar said:
    BlackxRyan said:
    Wow it's actually cheaper to take Control DLCs separately than taking the Season Pass.
    Typical Microsoft pricing... you see this quite often actually, especially with some of the older Assassin's Creed games (AC Syndicate and DLC comes to mind). It pays to check out the different options in any given sale smile
    Pretty sure Microsoft sets the price for none of those.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead619,301
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 19:04
    Elite1111111111 said:
    MH The Rockstar said:
    BlackxRyan said:
    Wow it's actually cheaper to take Control DLCs separately than taking the Season Pass.
    Typical Microsoft pricing... you see this quite often actually, especially with some of the older Assassin's Creed games (AC Syndicate and DLC comes to mind). It pays to check out the different options in any given sale smile
    Pretty sure Microsoft sets the price for none of those.
    When you walk into a supermarket and buy a can of Coke, who do you think sets the price?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • The Ju1ceThe Ju1ce710,813
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 19:09
    Any chance Control: Ultimate Edition joins Game Pass whenever it comes out next year?
  • EveryBaseEveryBase356,654
    Posted on 10 December 20 at 19:13
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Elite1111111111 said:
    MH The Rockstar said:
    BlackxRyan said:
    Wow it's actually cheaper to take Control DLCs separately than taking the Season Pass.
    Typical Microsoft pricing... you see this quite often actually, especially with some of the older Assassin's Creed games (AC Syndicate and DLC comes to mind). It pays to check out the different options in any given sale smile
    Pretty sure Microsoft sets the price for none of those.
    When you walk into a supermarket and buy a can of Coke, who do you think sets the price?
    You are comparing a digital storefront to a retail store. They are completely different. MS does not set prices unless they own the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.