Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Yakuza 3-5 remasters, Yakuza 6, Among Us, and Skyrim announced for Xbox Game Pass

• supkrissupkris943,695
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 09:14
    Rhyolitic said:
    supkris said:
    Yay finally. Yakuza series completed for xbox. Great news for me. Bring Judgment too and it will be complete
    Don't forget, there's still Yakuza: Dead Souls out there.
    But thats a spin off and never made to ps4 as well. Unlikely to come to xbox ever
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 09:22
    Calyris said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Damn it! Yakuza games are like bananas to me. I know they are good, convenient, and healthy, but no matter how many times in my life I force myself to eat them, I just do not like them. I want to like the Yakuza games so badly, and there are so many, and they are doing awesome jobs with the remasters. I just don't enjoy them.
    You don't have to like something just because it's good, though. Plenty of people dislike Skyrim, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty and even Cyberpunk.

To me, the Yakuza games aren't convenient at all. They are hard to get into and require a lot of goodwill and patience from the player. There's a lot of recycled content throughout them that you'll just have to forgive and look past.

Lots of sluggish, redundant and clumsy dialogue. Terrible pacing. Dumb reveals and even dumber twists. I'm often surprised anyone besides me likes this series at all.

But then there's the flipside to that. Genuine, heartfelt often gut-wrenching moments catching you off-guard, examplifying the burning passion and love the studio puts into this series. That's just the story aspect. Side stuff is a different beast entirely.

They love making these games. They love thinking about what to put in them. From the pissing game in Kiwami 2 to helping Mr. Libido get his boner back in Yakuza 0. Losing to Michael Jackson on the dance floor. Trying to find something that would hurt Mr. Masochist in Like a Dragon...

I'm sure if I were a fan of a different franchise, I'd gush about that one much the same. Could also be that I'm wrong entirely and that they hate it and don't enjoy any aspect of making them. Just my interpretation after all.

Sorry about the wall of text. Don't feel bad about not liking it. Focus on what you can enjoy.
    Sure. I get that. There are plenty of "good" games I don't give two flips about. I have accepted I will never play any of the good MMORPGs or MOBAs or fighting games, but I WANT to like Yakuza. It seems like something I would enjoy. Kinda like JRPG. I used to love them. I lament that I can't stand them anymore. I will give DQ11 a shot, but not expecting to like it.
    Cool story bro.
  • prowlerdanteprowlerdante1,170,624
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 09:33
    I feel silly owning the Yakuza series on PS4 but hey, gives me an excuse to replay them / finish the series since I stopped halfway through 5. Not like I'm paying any extra since Game Pass anyways.
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 09:36
    Hohoho Skyrim is big.

1 usd promo for month's access to Skyrim? Nice incentive.
    FRAG'EM ALL
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 09:38
    Hopefully Skyrim Xbox 360 version becomes backwards compatible, I started it years ago and never got back to playing it
  • KasugaSamaKasugaSama121,076
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 09:58
    supkris said:
    Rhyolitic said:
    supkris said:
    Yay finally. Yakuza series completed for xbox. Great news for me. Bring Judgment too and it will be complete
    Don't forget, there's still Yakuza: Dead Souls out there.
    But thats a spin off and never made to ps4 as well. Unlikely to come to xbox ever
    Judgment is also a 'spin-off' to a degree. Based in Kamurocho with some events from 6 still being present in Judgment, yes, but it's its own game that doesn't rely on Yakuza name except for the place it's set and the gangs, which the same can then be said for Dead Souls.
    Genre Manager for TA.
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 10:15, Edited on 11 December 20 at 10:17 by TheGillesMuller
    Being a complete tight-arse on Skyrim has now paid off for me.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 10:17
    darkmafia99 said:
    Aww wish I didn't get Yakuza 3-5 on PS4 this past summer, can't slog through those again, but 6 I wanted to play again so that is amazing news!
    I did the same. After 0 1 and 2 I couldn't get enough and bought the rest on ps4. Played 3 and 4. Its a real shock to me to see them releasing on xbox, guess the others must have been popular!

Yakuza 3 sucks, just for anyone who was wondering. It's a real slog to get through after playing yakuza 2 as you're basically going from the most recent game to the oldest game in the series.
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 10:21
    Gerbasgamer said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Damn it! Yakuza games are like bananas to me. I know they are good, convenient, and healthy, but no matter how many times in my life I force myself to eat them, I just do not like them. I want to like the Yakuza games so badly, and there are so many, and they are doing awesome jobs with the remasters. I just don't enjoy them.
    I thought Yakuza 0 was pretty meh. Wanted to drop the series after that. Then decided to give Kiwami 2 a chance and it didn't disappoint. Far less and shorter cutscenes, better graphics, better fighting, better upgrade system, less plot holes and stupid/obvious plot twists.
    Wow I think that's an unpopular opinion but I'm no stranger to those! I think yakuza kiwami is the best one in the series (the first one)
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 10:36
    Tried Yakuza, really don't like them so it's a waste on me. Yakuza 0 has the worst start to a game i've played in recent years I couldn't believe it after all the good things I heard about it but it's definitely not for me if that first hour is a precedent for the rest of the series. Skyrim's a classic but I doubt I will boot that up either, to big and old for me now. Good news for Yakuza fans but kinda sucky if not! I hope the next slew of games are better, nothing for me here :(
  • KasugaSamaKasugaSama121,076
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 10:37
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    Gerbasgamer said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    I thought Yakuza 0 was pretty meh. Wanted to drop the series after that. Then decided to give Kiwami 2 a chance and it didn't disappoint. Far less and shorter cutscenes, better graphics, better fighting, better upgrade system, less plot holes and stupid/obvious plot twists.
    Wow I think that's an unpopular opinion but I'm no stranger to those! I think yakuza kiwami is the best one in the series (the first one)
    Wait until you play 3. The graphics for 3, 4, and 5 are nowhere near what Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2 and 6 are, as those were recent/actual remasters to the core. 3 4 and 5 are just simple ports up a console, so you can tell how old they look/play.

Either way, 3 is the best for sure. The story is so great and it's such a great middle piece to the series.
    Genre Manager for TA.
  • CalyrisCalyris287,652
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 11:19
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Sure. I get that. There are plenty of "good" games I don't give two flips about. I have accepted I will never play any of the good MMORPGs or MOBAs or fighting games, but I WANT to like Yakuza. It seems like something I would enjoy. Kinda like JRPG. I used to love them. I lament that I can't stand them anymore. I will give DQ11 a shot, but not expecting to like it.
    Seems that Lika a Dragon would then be the ultimate worst/best fit for you, doesn't it somehow? Something you want to like and something you used to like. A Yakuza JRPG. Feels weird recommending it on that basis though, haha.
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 12:17
    Yessss!!! More Yakuza!!

Someone on TA definitely needs to put up a guide in what order they need to be played though as it seems confusing on where to start lol
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn228,519
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 12:20, Edited on 11 December 20 at 12:20 by pukem0nn
    thank god i didn't succumb to buying the Yakuza HD Collection on PS4. Another 40€ saved thanks to Game Pass.

TheShreddedBear said:
    Yessss!!! More Yakuza!!

Someone on TA definitely needs to put up a guide in what order they need to be played though as it seems confusing on where to start lol
    it's not confusing at all, start at 0 and go one by one to 7. it's pretty chronological.
  • ReapOfKarmaReapOfKarma209,503
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 12:21
    hope Among Us will be crossplay
    trying to 100% all fnaf games
  • AzureCometAzureComet164,543
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 12:24
    So... Skyrim...
    GOTY xbox one edition, yeah?
    Or they making 360 version backwards compatible and need to buy dlc?
    Have the latter already so was about to pick it up the GOTY while on sale, but if it's the former then... sweet! 😁
    Crikey, going to be like the 5th or 6th time acquiring this game. 😅
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 12:26
    Woah, hell yes!!
    ~Stino
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,125,367
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 12:40
    TheShreddedBear said:
    Yessss!!! More Yakuza!!

Um, okay so,

Start with 0 and then head on over to part 1, after part 1 you can fire up part 2, then 3 picks up right after 2, then the story is gonna roll on into part 4 which takes place before 5 , so make sure you don't start 5 until 4 is finished then after you finish 5 get ready because the next game is gonna be 6 and that game is freaking great.

After 6 that's the end of the story and a new story begins in Part 7 which isn't called 7 in the United States. It's just called Yakuza Like A Dragon, so if you really want to you can start with 7 but you'll miss some of the nods to the previous game.
  • Posted on 11 December 20 at 13:41, Edited on 11 December 20 at 13:42 by TheShreddedBear
    New Paralyzer said:
    TheShreddedBear said:
    Yessss!!! More Yakuza!!

Um, okay so,

Start with 0 and then head on over to part 1, after part 1 you can fire up part 2, then 3 picks up right after 2, then the story is gonna roll on into part 4 which takes place before 5 , so make sure you don't start 5 until 4 is finished then after you finish 5 get ready because the next game is gonna be 6 and that game is freaking great.

After 6 that's the end of the story and a new story begins in Part 7 which isn't called 7 in the United States. It's just called Yakuza Like A Dragon, so if you really want to you can start with 7 but you'll miss some of the nods to the previous game.
    Im going back to bed 😂

I just remember watching some youtube video about how it can be confusing on where to start.

I know Yakuza is a strange but wonderful series so didnt know if they did the story in some weird way too. I may have overthunk it and made myself look like a pleb in the process.

I will be studying your guide closely tho Parylyzer so i dont miss a beat 😂 ffs
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion757,739
    Posted on 11 December 20 at 13:43, Edited on 11 December 20 at 13:44 by Boots Orion
    Game Pass finds a way to be unbelievably awesome and unbelievably overwhelming at the same time. So many amazing games that I never what to play anymore.

Any word on how long the Yakuza games will be in game pass? They're Sega games, but they MS clearly has some sort of deal with them as they are all on GP when they're released (other than the one that just came out a month or two ago). I ask because they are huge games and I hate being rushed when I play games of that scale.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.