Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Yakuza 3-5 remasters, Yakuza 6, Among Us, and Skyrim announced for Xbox Game Pass

• prowlerdanteprowlerdante1,170,624
    Posted on 12 December 20 at 01:21
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    darkmafia99 said:
    Aww wish I didn't get Yakuza 3-5 on PS4 this past summer, can't slog through those again, but 6 I wanted to play again so that is amazing news!
    Yakuza 3 sucks, just for anyone who was wondering. It's a real slog to get through after playing yakuza 2 as you're basically going from the most recent game to the oldest game in the series.
    Fuckin this right here. I thought the exact same about 3, and on top of it all the story sucked too. It was a major drag.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,125,367
    Posted on 12 December 20 at 02:10
    prowlerdante said:
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    darkmafia99 said:
    Aww wish I didn't get Yakuza 3-5 on PS4 this past summer, can't slog through those again, but 6 I wanted to play again so that is amazing news!
    Yakuza 3 sucks, just for anyone who was wondering. It's a real slog to get through after playing yakuza 2 as you're basically going from the most recent game to the oldest game in the series.
    Fuckin this right here. I thought the exact same about 3, and on top of it all the story sucked too. It was a major drag.
    If Yakuza 3 didn't make you cry then you have no soul sir.

6 and 2 Kiwami are on the same engine so those games are the two superior titles.

You do drop in quality going back but the story is great.

4 is the one with the weird story..... That game like set out to be a black sheep...
  • prowlerdanteprowlerdante1,170,624
    Posted on 12 December 20 at 03:25
    New Paralyzer said:
    prowlerdante said:
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    darkmafia99 said:

6 and 2 Kiwami are on the same engine so those games are the two superior titles.

4 is the one with the weird story..... That game like set out to be a black sheep...
    I kind of liked the story in 4. Yakuza 3 nearly made me cry - it's so depressing! Like it was one player punch after another. 5 was so big that the last I remember was the hunting minigame and just loving it.
  • CluxsyCluxsy169,013
    Posted on 12 December 20 at 04:07
    I don't get that Among Us announcement. Like it's free on mobile and only $5 on steam. Super easy to pirate what did Microsoft pay to get such a little addition like that.
    Make the Series X $399 or Xbox will continue to fall behind Sony
  • JessikaShoJessikaSho197,854
    Posted on 12 December 20 at 08:05
    Glad I held off for the remastered collection instead of getting it for ps4. I've played a bit of 6 already, but now I'm planning to do kiryu's saga in order on xbox.
  • Posted on 12 December 20 at 09:47
    Ahhhhh Yakuza 3-6 coming to Xbox is all I needed to have my year made.. Thanks Sega, much love.
  • Posted on 12 December 20 at 09:51
    We just need to see the Yakuza spin-offs to come to Xbox as well and the series will be complete.. Judgement, Dead Souls maybe Fist of the North Star.. Possibly a localisation of Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan! aka the game before Dead Souls.. That would be great.
  • CalyrisCalyris287,652
    Posted on 12 December 20 at 12:06
    So for Yakuza 5 there's going to be an xbox one and a series x stack? Wonder if they'll all also get win10 stacks like the rest except for Lika a Dragon.
  • Posted on 14 December 20 at 13:56, Edited on 14 December 20 at 13:57 by is that Hydro
    AHGreg said:
    Skyrim, one of the best games I’ve ever played.
    Agreed - Hands down top 3 single player game (for me) that I could play over and over (still pick it up to this day) & enjoy every single second of it. Speaking of which, I still need to 100% the achievements lol.
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
  • Posted on 16 December 20 at 13:50, Edited on 16 December 20 at 13:55 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    New Paralyzer said:
    prowlerdante said:
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    darkmafia99 said:

I really liked the story of the 4th one but it's very anticlimactic which was just upsetting and not up to the high standards I've come to expect from yakuza stories. I had to take a break after doing 4, but to be fair I'd just done 1, 0, 2, 3 and 4 all back to back virtually.

I admit yakuza 3 evoked some emotion at one point but there were significantly more anger inducing moments in the story and it was nowhere near as good as the story from 1 and 2 imo, only comparing against stories that would have originally released before.

Also, that English voice acting..
  • Xardas945Xardas945118,080
    Posted on 27 January 21 at 23:12
    Yakuza games are awesome, I've completed them all twice and I'm not bored yet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.