Game Discussion: NHL 94 Rewind

Path to completion

• vSullyvSully1,189,791
    Posted on 13 December 20 at 19:48, Edited on 13 December 20 at 19:51 by vSully
    I played two regular season games, then a four game New Playoffs (not New Playoffs/7 game) to win the cup. It took me about 90 minutes.

1) Regular Season Game: Choose Tampa Bay (strong team) vs Detroit (weak team). 20 minute periods, Goalie Auto Control, User Records On (register a name in the name log), Penalties Off, Line Changes off.

When the game starts you'll be in a menu showing the score on the jumbotron. Choose 'Edit Lines' (remember, the B button is accept in this game), then pick McDonagh (could really be any player), then choose Shatenkirk. Press start, choose 'Save Team Line,' then exit them menus for The Shuffler achievement.
    NHL 94 RewindThe shufflerThe The shuffler achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 38 pointsSave custom lines

This will be a long game. Don't worry about getting a shutout, but you want to win with one player scoring three+ goals for the hat trick achievement (which will likely be more difficult in the remaining 5 minute period games). At the end of the game, these achievements will unlock:
    NHL 94 RewindHe shoots, he scores!The He shoots, he scores! achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 51 pointsScore a goal against the computer

NHL 94 RewindA tip of the hatThe A tip of the hat achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 245 pointsScore a hat trick in single-player mode

NHL 94 RewindGoing the distanceThe Going the distance achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 168 pointsWin a 20-minute game against the computer

NHL 94 RewindOne for the record booksThe One for the record books achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 90 pointsRecord a win in user records

I found the best way to score was to skate into the right face off circle, then skate directly to the left across the front of the goal and take a slapshot (LIKE THIS).

2) Regular Season Game: Choose Tampa Bay (strong team) vs Detroit (weak team). 5 minute periods, Goalie Auto Control, Penalties On, Line Changes On.

The goal in this much shorter game is to win without allowing any goals. The best thing to do is score quickly, then get control of the puck and just hang around your end of the ice to play keep away for the rest of the game.

Whenever play is stopped, you will need to choose a line. Just pick whatever. At the end of the game, these achievements will unlock:
    NHL 94 RewindThe real dealThe The real deal achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 104 pointsWin a game against the computer with penalties and manual line changes

NHL 94 RewindA goose eggThe A goose egg achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 129 pointsWin by shutout against the computer

3) New Playoffs: Tampa Bay, 5 minute periods, Goalies Auto Control, Penalties and Line Change off.

You need to win four consecutive games to win the Stanley Cup. If you lose, you would need to start over. I've read that you can close the game through the dashboard before you lose, then continue at the start of that game if needed.

In the first game, your goal is to be losing by one goal with 3 minutes left in the game. Once the timer gets under 3 minutes, press start, choose 'Change Goalie,' then choose 'no goalie.' You now need to score a goal to tie the game before time runs out. Once you do, while the team is celebrating, press start, choose change goalie, then choose 88 Andrei Vasilevski to put him back in. The real world strategy here is to take the goalie out to add a 6th skater in the hopes of scoring at the very end of a game, but this game seems to only make the change when there is a game stoppage, so if there is no such stoppage after changing to 'no goalie,' your goalie will remain in until the game is stopped. I scored after making the change in the menu without my goalie ever being taken out and it satisfied the achievement.

With the game tied, let time run out to put you into overtime, then win. A few achievements will unlock:
    NHL 94 RewindClutch playerThe Clutch player achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 271 pointsWin in overtime in the playoffs against the computer

NHL 94 RewindStrategic mastermindThe Strategic mastermind achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 420 pointsPull the goalie in the last 3 min, a goal or more down, and win against the computer

NHL 94 RewindMoving onThe Moving on achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 143 pointsAdvance in the playoffs against the computer

Now just win the next three games to unlock the final achievement:
    NHL 94 RewindMy name in silverThe My name in silver achievement in NHL 94 Rewind worth 453 pointsWin the Stanley Cup against the computer
  • Posted on 14 December 20 at 06:38
    Hey, excellent post and thank you very much for writing this. It should basically be the walkthrough for the game :)

Can CONFIRM:
    - Dashboarding the game during playoffs will save progress (DO NOT EXIT from in-game menu)
    - Pulling goalie from the menu, and managing to score before he gets pulled still counts
    - Took me 2 hours following this guide.
  • Posted on 18 December 20 at 16:51
    Thank you. This guide made this easy and I am terrible at sports games. Why is this not the walkthrough for the game?
  • vSullyvSully1,189,791
    Posted on 18 December 20 at 17:24
    I considered doing a walkthrough but it’s already been claimed.
  • WolfheartSpellWolfheartSpell3,148,944
    Posted on 19 December 20 at 19:35
    How the heck do you progress? After winning the first game it shows I won and the score is 1-0, but I can't progress to the next round. If I press start I go back to the initial menu and after pressing to continue, it says it's still 0-0?! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
  • Posted on 19 December 20 at 20:09
    I think it's cn_B or cn_start
  • WolfheartSpellWolfheartSpell3,148,944
    Posted on 20 December 20 at 14:49
    Weird, I had to delete my save from everywhere and only then I was able to progress to the next round.
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 17:43
    sorry for the off-topic

does anybody know if the 2020-2021 all-access pass of nhl tv includes the playoffs ?
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.