Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: May 8th, 2012

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 May 12 at 22:49
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. sleep
  • gingerrambogingerrambo722,672
    Posted on 08 May 12 at 22:56, Edited on 08 May 12 at 22:58 by gingerrambo
    RE4 and RE:CV X would be a nice reduction. I'd buy them if they were 1200 MSP instead of 1840. Or they could finally put The Sacrifice DLC on sale for Left 4 Dead 2. Since it's been out for a long time and has yet to be discounted.
  • FIASCOcomedyFIASCOcomedy526,382
    Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:01
    I LOVE how Microsoft and game developers will continue to sell games and DLC for products they no longer support or fix. To me it is blatantly greedy to offer "deals" on game titles and DLC for these titles that have broken, and unachievable achievements.
    It would be like a retail store continuing to sell a product that has been recalled.
    It may be my opinion but I feel that if you want my money you should have the decency to fix problems and glitches within your game or at least have the decency to not continually try to sell it to me with a grand marketing/ advertising schemes, (like DotW), when you have no intention of ever addressing the problems that are still associated with it.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,422,620
    Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:05
    Tempted to get the Splinter Cell and GRAW 2 DLC, for when I inevitably buy them
  • Flyboy80498Flyboy80498470,938
    Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:07
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    This is a blatant desperation money grab. How about a puzzle week, or a point and click week.

I.e. Point and click week:
    Both Sam & Max games down to 400 each, instead of 1600 each (seriously, WTF were they thinking putting both at that price???)
    Interpol = 400MSP.
    Puzzle Arcade = 400 MSP.
    All Puzzle Quests = 400-600MSP...

Come on Microsoft... do something USEFUL for once. Those Sam & Max games HAVE NEVER BEEN DISCOUNTED.
    Why do you want Interpol? It not good, even in the loosest sense of the word "good"
    "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII418,054
    Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:34
    Tank Force UK said:
    i find it highly amusing that my dashboard is still showing me lasts weeks DotW -_-
    I chuckle about how many non-gaming news articles are put on the front tab.
  • HoffmanHoffman156,904
    Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:36
    Nighthawk205 said:
    Am I having an odd sense of deja vu or did we just see an extremely similar DotW very recently?

**cough**Deal of the Week: February 21st, 2011 **cough**
    That's over 60 weeks ago bro. If you consider that recently, then I need to make sure I buy things from you so I can return them later for a refund.
    Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
  • Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:39
    if anyone wants to get conviction coop pack add me on xbox and tell me you want to because i really want to get it and dont want to randomly play with someone online...also a mic is preferred thanks you
  • Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:44
    dancrozier said:
    What next? A discount on EA multiplayer games with the servers shut down?
    laugh
    The things you own end up owning you
  • Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:47
    Hmm Blackout said:
    *sigh* Maybe 50% off of all Mass Effect DLCs. Maybe Valve DLC (L4D 1 and 2)........... They need to stop having deals for games that came out 3 years ago... o____o
    What's wrong with that sentence??? lol ^
    'The object of war is not to die for your country, It's to make the other bastard die for his'
  • Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:47
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    This is a blatant desperation money grab. How about a puzzle week, or a point and click week.

Both Sam & Max games down to 400 each, instead of 1600 each (seriously, WTF were they thinking putting both at that price???)
    Interpol = 400MSP.
    Puzzle Arcade = 400 MSP.

Come on Microsoft... do something USEFUL for once. Those Sam & Max games HAVE NEVER BEEN DISCOUNTED.
    Surely the whole point of DotW is for Microsoft to moneygrab..?
  • JamP0undJamP0und131,134 131,134 GamerScore
    Posted on 08 May 12 at 23:48
    While i personally don't like this DoTW i can see it's quite good for fans of clancy games. So people need to stop asking for every game on the marketplace to be discounted. Old games/add-ons will be discounted, if you expect them to mark down the price of anything less than 2 years old you're delusional.

And yes i do expect a long list of ''new' games to be listed for me that have had price cuts. :P
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,016,292
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 00:10
    EbonHawk01 said:
    The Splinter Cell Deniable Ops DLC seems like a good deal, but I won't be able to get the achievements on my own so not much point in me buying it :(
    You do NOT need to play co-op to gain those achievements, they are all mislabeled. You can get them in single player (I can personally attest to that).
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin524,237
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 00:13
    RadiantViper said:
    EbonHawk01 said:
    The Splinter Cell Deniable Ops DLC seems like a good deal, but I won't be able to get the achievements on my own so not much point in me buying it :(
    You do NOT need to play co-op to gain those achievements, they are all mislabeled. You can get them in single player (I can personally attest to that).
    Ditto, did everything in the DLC by myself
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 00:16
    There we go again, another shooter/war/firstperson game list. How original, it's nothing else than mass effect call of duty hardcore shooting kill warzone crap, when are they gonna throw some other genre in there?
    Achievements should be about skill, not luck!
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin524,237
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 00:19
    Ramon4815162342 said:
    There we go again, another shooter/war/firstperson game list. How original, it's nothing else than mass effect call of duty hardcore shooting kill warzone crap, when are they gonna throw some other genre in there?
    They did last week....
    And the week before....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 May 12 at 00:24
    I wish GR: Summit Strike was on there!!!
    Who Then Now?
  • ayx QQayx QQ298,774
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 00:27
    Ramon4815162342 said:
    They did an 'Anime' game special where it had a different variety of XBLA games, including Metal Slug (A game people have been wanting as DOTW forever.) and King of Fighters games.

Last week Cave had deals on Shoot Em Ups and Nin-Jump2, which is an easy 200G, and it was only 200MSP.

Technically, some of you guys cry because you guys don't want to spend the extra points for that 'easy' XBLA game or want DLC price deductions for that game that has DLC but flopped. The deals should be the sake of convenience, they don't HAVE to be there, they do it so us people who pay for membership can get a privilege in getting some discounts. Plus, it's a week, maybe they'll have something for you next time. Aren't half of us backlogged as hell on games? Why would we want MORE games to keep in the HDD?
  • Tony StarcTony Starc472,571
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 01:11
    TSG Dwaggie said:

Interpol = 400MSP.
    Puzzle Arcade = 400 MSP.

they're worth $20... you get 5 games per pack, that's $4 per game.
  • PetrifiedPetrified1,512,988
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 01:18
    Another bad one.... Any hidden sales this week like last week?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.