The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the 12 quickest game completions from the Xbox Countdown 2020 sale

  • CanezzaCanezza122,525
  • ReqquReqqu1,167,144
    Posted on 21 December 20 at 12:44
    Highly recommend Terminator Resistance. Easy 1000/1000, enjoyable story with full of Terminator vibe. Personally enjoyed side objectives during missions. Terminators are also very creepy.
  • Thief000Thief000851,462
    Posted on 21 December 20 at 12:45
    I'd buy Terminator Resistance (have it on PC and it's great), but now I'm holding off until the Enhanced version comes to Xbox.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman772,904,713
    Posted on 21 December 20 at 14:09
    Wow these are mostly really bad prices for short games on sale. Good thing I gotten Terminator Resistance for a good price in a CeX store already
  • Posted on 21 December 20 at 15:50
    Came to echo the Terminator Resistance comments, I've been waiting on it to go on sale for a while now. This may be the first time, I can't say for certain. From what I've heard it's well worth the $20, now just need to find time to start it.
    I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
  • Posted on 21 December 20 at 16:50
    Doom 64 - 1-2hours @ £1.19 ?
    GT: Mike United 007
  • Heurist1cHeurist1c271,265
    Posted on 21 December 20 at 18:48
    Mike United 007 said:
    Doom 64 - 1-2hours @ £1.19 ?
    Good call
  • Posted on 21 December 20 at 19:24
    Can't wait to try "The Last Campfire." Both it and "Call of the Sea" are on my must-play list.
  • Posted on 21 December 20 at 19:56
    Thief000 said:
    I'd buy Terminator Resistance (have it on PC and it's great), but now I'm holding off until the Enhanced version comes to Xbox.
    It is only coming to PS5 sadly. The only thing Xbox is getting is a patch for this version. So if you want it, might as well get it now.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • Thief000Thief000851,462
    Posted on 21 December 20 at 20:02
    Dark Death 90 said:
    Thief000 said:
    I'd buy Terminator Resistance (have it on PC and it's great), but now I'm holding off until the Enhanced version comes to Xbox.
    It is only coming to PS5 sadly. The only thing Xbox is getting is a patch for this version. So if you want it, might as well get it now.
    That'll be a timed exclusive for sure. The version on my PC runs better than what's on consoles currently, so I can wait another year before that version appears on Xbox. I'm in no hurry.
  • Posted on 21 December 20 at 22:06
    Thief000 said:
    Dark Death 90 said:
    Thief000 said:
    I'd buy Terminator Resistance (have it on PC and it's great), but now I'm holding off until the Enhanced version comes to Xbox.
    It is only coming to PS5 sadly. The only thing Xbox is getting is a patch for this version. So if you want it, might as well get it now.
    That'll be a timed exclusive for sure. The version on my PC runs better than what's on consoles currently, so I can wait another year before that version appears on Xbox. I'm in no hurry.
    Doubtful. There is no reason to make an HD port an exclusive. I think they just decided Xbox isn't worth it unfortunately.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • Posted on 22 December 20 at 00:37, Edited on 22 December 20 at 00:38 by GR34TD3STR0Y3R
    Thief000 said:
    I'd buy Terminator Resistance (have it on PC and it's great), but now I'm holding off until the Enhanced version comes to Xbox.
    I am glad you said this. I was about to buy it but then noticed your comment. It does indeed seem that a Series X version is coming. There is no official word (only ps5 version is confirmed) but a Series X version has been given a rating that is almost as good as confirmation.

    (Also in response to the comment above... any source on its only getting an Xbox patch. A series X version has been given a rating)
    Cool story bro.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,510,668
    Posted on 22 December 20 at 04:40, Edited on 22 December 20 at 04:42 by EarthboundX
    Been hearing they are still working on more content for Terminator Resistance, possibly not just the PS5 upgrade. So that could possibly mean the Xbox One version gets more achievements, and the physicals versions are impossible to get now, without paying a huge price hike.

    So I've been wondering if I should buy the digital version now, as before I had just rented it from Gamefly. But at the same time, I only found the game to be decent, so I'm not sure only half off is worth it to me.

    Ah screw it, it's a licensed game, it'll be gone off digital stores in a couple years. Might as well get it now.
  • Aeon2001Aeon2001876,543
    Posted on 22 December 20 at 12:36
    DistinctUrchin7 said:
    Can't wait to try "The Last Campfire." Both it and "Call of the Sea" are on my must-play list.
    Both games are fun and easy 1000 GS. Enjoyed both of them, but my 2nd playthrough of CotS to mop up cheevos has to wait ´cause I´m busy with Cyberpunk right now. A honest recommendation if you´re a completionist: use a guide for TLC so you can get all collectibles in one playthrough, TLC is a good game, but has literally no replay value.
  • Thief000Thief000851,462
    Posted on 22 December 20 at 14:39
    Dark Death 90 said:
    Thief000 said:
    Dark Death 90 said:
    Thief000 said:
    I'd buy Terminator Resistance (have it on PC and it's great), but now I'm holding off until the Enhanced version comes to Xbox.
    It is only coming to PS5 sadly. The only thing Xbox is getting is a patch for this version. So if you want it, might as well get it now.
    That'll be a timed exclusive for sure. The version on my PC runs better than what's on consoles currently, so I can wait another year before that version appears on Xbox. I'm in no hurry.
    Doubtful. There is no reason to make an HD port an exclusive. I think they just decided Xbox isn't worth it unfortunately.
    It's already been rated for it so it'll come. It's an IP Sony doesn't control.
    Of course it would be better if it were just a free upgrade to the Xbox One version.
  • Posted on 22 December 20 at 15:25
    Aeon2001 said:
    DistinctUrchin7 said:
    Can't wait to try "The Last Campfire." Both it and "Call of the Sea" are on my must-play list.
    Both games are fun and easy 1000 GS. Enjoyed both of them, but my 2nd playthrough of CotS to mop up cheevos has to wait ´cause I´m busy with Cyberpunk right now. A honest recommendation if you´re a completionist: use a guide for TLC so you can get all collectibles in one playthrough, TLC is a good game, but has literally no replay value.
    Thanks! I'll do that.
  • WulfTekWulfTek570,768
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 18:02, Edited on 28 December 20 at 18:05 by WulfTek
    The Last Campfire is honestly a hidden gem, a great little game, highly recommend. Achievements are easy too, which is always nice.

    Edit: I also think the collectible achievements might be mislabeled imo, since you need a certain amount to progress through the game in "Normal mode", and I believe you can go back at any point to do them. I think for most achievement hunters it'd be fairly obvious to get all of them anyway, not like they're well hidden really.
  • Posted on 28 December 20 at 19:15
    theres doom 64 and Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour that are very easy completion..nostalgic and low pricey
  • Posted on 28 December 20 at 21:13
    Goosebumps.... Maaaan I feel like a dummy for missing "How I Learned to Fly" achievement. Should really go and finish that up.
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,216
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 22:05
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons is not only an easy game but delivers powerful story-telling. The emotional impact is heightened by the game’s shortness—you get a concentrated gut punch at the end. At 75% off, you get your money’s worth.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.