Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for January 2021 revealed, with 3,000 Gamerscore up for grabs

• Posted on 23 December 20 at 15:06
    Pinckney said:
    Brave Fencer Vu said:
    I already own Dead Rising but I've heard nothing but good things about Little Nightmares. Very excited! Now if they'd kindly consider Dead Rising 2 as a future freebie clap
    DR2 was one of the first GWG offerings back in 08/2013.
    Ah, I should have been more clear. I meant the remastered Dead Rising 2, I still have a physical copy of DR2 on 360 stored away somewhere. laugh I managed to pop one achievement in the remaster and never got to finish it before it left XGP
  • Posted on 23 December 20 at 15:52
    Cuthred said:
    Germany will get "Trine 4" instead of "Dead Rising" due to outdated laws
    Well, you can always change your region. Btw, it was free for Korea in November, so most people got it by changing their region there
    daringDK2006
  • Posted on 23 December 20 at 16:59
    Awesome!
  • Posted on 23 December 20 at 17:53
    Not bad, two X1 games I don’t have.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB746,213
    Posted on 23 December 20 at 18:36
    Cool, finally a month where I don't own any of the titles already, though I did own Breakdown on my OG Xbox back in the day. I still remember Adam Sessler gushing about it on cable TV show X-Play around maybe 2005? Lol.

I will pick up the remaster of Dead Rising, but I wish the original had received backwards compatibility because I would way rather try to finish up my achievements for that on the One then start a new remastered version. Oh well, to the backlog it will go.
    Little Nightmares looks cool but if its a tough completion it may also get backlogged. And a BC 360 game I don't already own in the KoF game? That's a pretty amazing feat right there. Hopefully its not too terrible of a completion.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • Posted on 23 December 20 at 18:53
    Very interested in Dead Rising. Just wondering about the control system as some people don't seem to like it. Apparently, you have to ready your weapon with RT, aim with the left stick (?) and fire/attack with X?! That just seems really weird. I don't think i've ever played a game where you aim with the left stick. But I could be over-thinking it and could probably adapt really easy?
    zero cool 4406
  • Posted on 23 December 20 at 20:25
    I finished Dead Rising on the 360 and now it will be a good time to finish it on the Xbox One since I dont have to purchase it now!
  • Posted on 23 December 20 at 22:54
    zero cool 4406 said:
    Very interested in Dead Rising. Just wondering about the control system as some people don't seem to like it. Apparently, you have to ready your weapon with RT, aim with the left stick (?) and fire/attack with X?! That just seems really weird. I don't think i've ever played a game where you aim with the left stick. But I could be over-thinking it and could probably adapt really easy?
    This was a pretty common aiming system when this game came out, but it's pretty easy to get used to.

On a side note, I'll be streaming my 13th annual Infinite Mode World Record run on Twitch if people want to stop by for tips and advise. https://www.twitch.tv/bp42069
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 07h 03m 39s (PS4 ; 1st), 17d 07h 01m 36s (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm452,450
    Posted on 24 December 20 at 01:20
    I bit the bullet and bought Little Nightmares Complete Edition. It looks like a great game but I wouldn't play it without the DLC. The sale is great. The complete game is significantly less than half the price of the base game alone.
  • Posted on 24 December 20 at 04:16
    Crap as usual
  • ih8pa1nih8pa1n163,098
    Posted on 24 December 20 at 07:01
    Absolute garbage. GWG offerings are an insult compared to PS+ offerings.
  • stebeer85stebeer85569,286
    Posted on 24 December 20 at 14:47
    What a nightmare line up.
    #illholdyourbeeryeah,
  • Dave BodomDave Bodom1,173,249
    Posted on 24 December 20 at 19:17
    Little Nightmares is a great game, excellent choice to with the sequel due out early 2021
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm452,450
    Posted on 25 December 20 at 02:01
    Dave Bodom said:
    Little Nightmares is a great game, excellent choice to with the sequel due out early 2021
    +1. Good enough for me to buy the complete game. Wish GwG would include the DLCs.
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 06:16
    I already own 3 of the games. The xbox original is new for me. I have already 100%ed KOF13 and DR1 (though not the remaster). It's still a great month because KOF13 is lightweight the best fighter on the 360.
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 11:39
    Second good month for GWG for me...
    Frenchy Wardaddy
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 23:13
    Another good month for me.
  • Brelen RavenBrelen Raven163,043
    Posted on 26 December 20 at 11:44
    Always wanted to play DR1. Woulda preferred to have played the 360 version first, but- Actually, no, I doubt I'll get to this in my backlog before I pick up all of Dead Rising on 360 anyway, haha laugh

Either way, looks to be an ok month...!
  • wildwest08wildwest081,136,786
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 03:26
    Might give Little Nightmares a try. Not a fan of no death speed runs but the game seems to be praised by many people. Nice to see the overall forum is more positive
  • Scorpionxx0Scorpionxx0369,455
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 06:19
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Happy there are more positive comments this month.

I have Little Nightmares it's worth a play if you like games like Limbo.

Never played Dead Rising that survive 7 days cheevo is infamous LOL

Never played a KOF game. Is it more like the 2013 Killer Instinct or Street Fighter?
    It’s more like street fighter as it’s all 2d graphics and plays similar to it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.