Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Countdown Sale 2020 hidden gems

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 December 20 at 19:29, Edited on 23 December 20 at 19:29 by
    N30YRD said:
    Cuthred said:
    N30YRD said:
    Anyone who hasn't played Maneater... Your missing something awesome, I really enjoyed it...

And its an easy completion too...
    you should lookup the word awesome. The game is good but gets repetitive fast.
    Every game is repetitive... So what's the difference here?

You might have gotten bored with it along with the other guy that commented too... But I wasn't one of them, was fairly shocked when I realised I was at the end
    everything is repetitive ... the difference is whether it takes 5 hours or fifty to hit you
  • EveryBaseEveryBase461,503
    Posted on 23 December 20 at 20:31
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    N30YRD said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    N30YRD said:
    Diesskay said:
    Cuthred said:
    N30YRD said:
    Anyone who hasn't played Maneater... Your missing something awesome, I really enjoyed it...

Exactly. Fun for the first 5 hours, very much boring for the rest of it. Also, very buggy. At least on my side (but I am known to be a bug-magnet)
    I must have gotten lucky with no bugs, surprised as my Internet not the best, was still very much enjoyable...

I'd welcome a maneater 2 with a different kind of animal maybe a land animal this time
    Killer Whale would be dope. That movie Orca rivals Jaws for scares would be great in a video game IMO. Orcas are the wolves of the sea and most people ignore how dangerous they are.
    With you talking about Orcas all I can think about is the film Free Willy laugh
    Lmfao there we go. Willy is fed up and takes his revenge on Sea World. laugh
    Honestly that really happened, an Orca killed a Sea World trainer and a man who thought jumping in and swimming with it was a good idea. 😨

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/horrific-injuries-seaw...
    I think Tilikum killed 2 trainers and that crazy guy IIRC. A tragic story about that whale thou when you learn how he was raised and treated it makes sense. Should have let the whale go. Could very easily see them making a video game based off him rampaging the park and bouncing to freedom as the intro level before ravaging the sea when you make it to the ocean.

Someone make it :P
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong498,738
    Posted on 23 December 20 at 22:03, Edited on 23 December 20 at 22:07 by TymanTheLong
    Actually I want to plug Othercide, it’s easily my Game of the Year. It looks like it plays like a tactics game but it really doesn’t in the sense you think. In fact it’s almost unlike most tactics games as you’re expected to lose and build up strength via Recollections of previous failures (you can manipulate time in the story). Your soldiers are called Daughters and can only be healed by sacrificing other Daughters of equal or higher level (no healing between missions). Combined with a gothic horror theme and story it’s actually makes for a brutal vibe. Did I mention that your most powerful abilities cost health?! Fun times!

The final thing that is amazing is that each enemy has a specific AI algorithm and they do the exact same thing given the exact same circumstances every time. This sounds like it would make it boring but in reality it makes it a very complex puzzle to sort out during each mission.

TLDR: buy and play Othercide!
  • Posted on 23 December 20 at 22:22
    TymanTheLong said:
    snip
    It’s not in this sale, though. It was in the regular weekly sale last week and is now back to full price. TA score is real high, so I would definitely have noticed it and done my research (and most likely included it) if it was part of Countdown like the rest of the games highlighted here. Certainly one I’ll keep an eye on for future sale breakdowns like this though, so thanks for bringing it up!
  • SnorehammerSnorehammer132,913
    Posted on 23 December 20 at 23:26
    Thanks for the article, I will be trying out Chicken Police.
  • N30YRDN30YRD782,107
    Posted on 23 December 20 at 23:32
    SheBeatsYou said:
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    N30YRD said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    N30YRD said:
    Diesskay said:
    Cuthred said:
    N30YRD said:

Exactly. Fun for the first 5 hours, very much boring for the rest of it. Also, very buggy. At least on my side (but I am known to be a bug-magnet)
    I must have gotten lucky with no bugs, surprised as my Internet not the best, was still very much enjoyable...

I'd welcome a maneater 2 with a different kind of animal maybe a land animal this time
    Killer Whale would be dope. That movie Orca rivals Jaws for scares would be great in a video game IMO. Orcas are the wolves of the sea and most people ignore how dangerous they are.
    With you talking about Orcas all I can think about is the film Free Willy laugh
    Lmfao there we go. Willy is fed up and takes his revenge on Sea World. laugh
    Honestly that really happened, an Orca killed a Sea World trainer and a man who thought jumping in and swimming with it was a good idea. 😨

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/horrific-injuries-seaw...
    I think Tilikum killed 2 trainers and that crazy guy IIRC. A tragic story about that whale thou when you learn how he was raised and treated it makes sense. Should have let the whale go. Could very easily see them making a video game based off him rampaging the park and bouncing to freedom as the intro level before ravaging the sea when you make it to the ocean.

Someone make it :P
    I'd definitely buy Free Willy the game... You need to plug in a guitar hero guitar to nail the whale songs

Then cause mayhem...

I'm actually sure that one of the bosses in Maneater is reference to tillikum and you need to defeat it in its own tank etc...
  • JedEganJedEgan721,096
    Posted on 24 December 20 at 00:06
    Monstrum was great on PC five years ago when it came out. The price on Xbox is grossly overinflated considering how old the game is and how much content is in it. Fully recommend it when it goes half off. 35% off isn't a good price.
  • Drazer76Drazer76890,679
    Posted on 24 December 20 at 01:08
    Well Maneater to me feels like the kind of game that would come to Game Pass in time. Though maybe a few of these do.
    I like to avoid anything that may hit there where possible unless it’s a dev I really want to support..
    Though I do have my £5 gift to spend. Maybe on something here..
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 23:13
    call me when these games are $5 each.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 December 20 at 02:27
    They must be well hidden as i didn't see them, oh wait you're talking about the ones in the OP, April Fools has already been this year laugh
    #philspencerneedstoresign
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong498,738
    Posted on 26 December 20 at 04:14
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    snip
    It’s not in this sale, though. It was in the regular weekly sale last week and is now back to full price. TA score is real high, so I would definitely have noticed it and done my research (and most likely included it) if it was part of Countdown like the rest of the games highlighted here. Certainly one I’ll keep an eye on for future sale breakdowns like this though, so thanks for bringing it up!
    That’s disappointing. On the upside, it has been on sale several times in the past 12 weeks or so, I’d encourage promoting it, it’s that good.

I paid full price at release and I feel like I got my money’s worth.
  • wildwest08wildwest081,649,423
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 04:15
    Loved Bomber Crew and hope to do Space Crew someday. I have Maneater when it was like 11 bucks at Best Buy one day. Can't wait to get into that one as well
  • Feared AlienFeared Alien120,874
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 11:34
    Asteriods Deluxe for .99 also MGS & Silent Hill collections with decent discounts.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy443,968
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 02:26
    I will play Maneater with PS+ and I bet it will be on Game Pass soon, along with Phoenix Wright.

The only thing that I am getting in this sale is the Jurrasic Park Expansion bundle for the free GWG, been wanting it be on sale for ages, and it is cheaper than PSN store

Only a few hours left of the sale now, thought it was going on until tomorrow. The movies and tv sale confused me, as some ended at midnight, but some are still on sale for another 24 hours.
  • JohnnyInterfnkJohnnyInterfnk1,074,289
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 13:48
    Bought Space Crew off your recommendation, looks good!

(Might also pick up CHicken Police.)

Note: more of these types of articles please :)
  • Posted on 05 January 21 at 21:14
    Would like to play Maneater, but if the novelty wears off rather quickly, $25 is still too expensive.
    Thin Blue Line Support https://www.odmp.org/
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.