Game Discussion: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Windows)

Delisted?

• Posted on 23 December 20 at 06:31
    I believe this title is delisted. I have a free trial but I never bought this. Please investigate and update.
  • Bastian ReaderBastian Reader1,373,050
    Posted on 23 December 20 at 07:49
    Looks like it was delisted
  • MsrossMsross944,169
    Posted on 23 December 20 at 08:29
    I have investigated.

Its windows 8. long gone.
  • Posted on 17 February 21 at 16:49, Edited on 17 February 21 at 17:02 by VisibleRaptor5
    Msross said:
    I have investigated.

I found it in the Windows 8 store. It was still there and I bought it today but you have to use the Windows 8 store to get this. Some apps that were removed from the Windows 10 store are still hanging around in the Windows 8 store. This is one of them. Even Microsoft Bingo hung around a few days before in the Windows 8.1 store after its removal from the Windows 10 store before it was finally gone. Have the email of proof of purchase. True, I got the trial a long time ago. So maybe because I got that, I was able to finish the purchase. But I did a search in the Store itself and found out that it was still there.
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 07:36
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    Msross said:
    I have investigated.

I found it in the Windows 8 store. It was still there and I bought it today but you have to use the Windows 8 store to get this. Some apps that were removed from the Windows 10 store are still hanging around in the Windows 8 store. This is one of them. Even Microsoft Bingo hung around a few days before in the Windows 8.1 store after its removal from the Windows 10 store before it was finally gone. Have the email of proof of purchase. True, I got the trial a long time ago. So maybe because I got that, I was able to finish the purchase. But I did a search in the Store itself and found out that it was still there.
    I can confirm that it's still available on the windows 8.1 store. You need to download the trial and it'll ask if you want to save your payment info. Once you do that, you can buy it for $9.99. Just did it.
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 14:35
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    I can confirm that it's still available on the windows 8.1 store. You need to download the trial and it'll ask if you want to save your payment info. Once you do that, you can buy it for $9.99. Just did it.
    The achievements are all obtainable and are not that challenging. It only takes a few hours to get them done. Do not worry about the medals. Those are not important (the medals that require you to share on Facebook cannot be unlocked on a Windows 8.1 device as Microsoft discontinued their Facebook integration). The game is gone from the Windows 10 store and it does not show up in that library if you buy it now unless you buy a Windows 8 device (Surface Pro or Surface Pro 2), get the game and then update the device to Windows 10.
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 14:40
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    The achievements are all obtainable and are not that challenging. It only takes a few hours to get them done. Do not worry about the medals. Those are not important (the medals that require you to share on Facebook cannot be unlocked on a Windows 8.1 device as Microsoft discontinued their Facebook integration). The game is gone from the Windows 10 store and it does not show up in that library if you buy it now unless you buy a Windows 8 device (Surface Pro or Surface Pro 2), get the game and then update the device to Windows 10.
    I bought it on a vm running 8.1 and then installed it on windows 10 using adguard. It works just fine. :)
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 14:44
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    I bought it on a vm running 8.1 and then installed it on windows 10 using adguard. It works just fine. :)
    Ah... I did mine using a Windows RT device. So my unlocked version is the ARM one. Maybe if I can get an ARM based PC, I might be fortunate. How do you set up a VM by the way?
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 14:49
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    Ah... I did mine using a Windows RT device. So my unlocked version is the ARM one. Maybe if I can get an ARM based PC, I might be fortunate. How do you set up a VM by the way?
    Back when I started getting interested in the casual games, I came across this: . Windows 8 is useless now, but doing that with win 8.1 works perfectly.
  • Posted on 17 April 21 at 18:41
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    I bought it on a vm running 8.1 and then installed it on windows 10 using adguard. It works just fine. :).
    The license transferred to the Windows 10 Store and I was able to download the full version of this. It runs really fast on my PC which has 8 GB RAM.
  • LvxLvx292,341
    Posted on 18 April 21 at 19:13
    So would this mean the VAIO and Toshiba versions are also still obtainable?
    I have a Windows 8.1 laptop I can use.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 June 21 at 22:10
    Lvx said:
    So would this mean the VAIO and Toshiba versions are also still obtainable?
    I have a Windows 8.1 laptop I can use.
    Please elaborate this as i dont understand why they should be ?
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 21 at 14:47
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    So i've bought this game, spend the 10 euro on it. Now installed it using said method and tried on Win10 and it comes up as you dont own this app and its not avaliable. What is going wrong here and why isnt it placed into my library
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
  • Posted on 08 August 21 at 16:11
    Dutch x Monster said:
    So i've bought this game, spend the 10 euro on it. Now installed it using said method and tried on Win10 and it comes up as you dont own this app and its not avaliable. What is going wrong here and why isnt it placed into my library
    It will take a day to 3 days for the license to transfer over.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 21 at 18:44
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    Dutch x Monster said:
    It will take a day to 3 days for the license to transfer over.
    alright, it was weird since ive picked up Disney Fairies too and that one did work
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
  • Posted on 08 August 21 at 20:13
    It will clear itself in time. Some Windows 8 games just do that. I just don't think the Windows 8 servers are that good these days. Games I've bought and have been playing/earning achievements in will randomly say I don't have a license, but it will be fixed within a couple of hours. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it will eventually fix itself.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 September 21 at 22:05
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    It will clear itself in time. Some Windows 8 games just do that. I just don't think the Windows 8 servers are that good these days. Games I've bought and have been playing/earning achievements in will randomly say I don't have a license, but it will be fixed within a couple of hours. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it will eventually fix itself.
    It took almost 2 months for it to show up and tapped it out in 38mins haha, now for the VAIO and Toshiba Stacks to get all the stacks there are :)
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
  • el Frenoxel Frenox295,467
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 19:24
    Do you guys think i'll might be able to buy it on a tablet running windows 8?
  • Posted on 15 January 22 at 21:03
    el Frenox said:
    Maybe. It has a tablet version of the download, so as long as its still on the store you should be able to. Otherwise you can set up a vm and buy it there.
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 02:08
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    el Frenox said:
    Maybe. It has a tablet version of the download, so as long as its still on the store you should be able to. Otherwise you can set up a vm and buy it there.
    Win 8 Store is still up. Won't go down before early next year. And it was ported to the Windows 10 Store so you can download it from there when you buy it (from the Windows 8 store that is). You just cannot buy it from the Windows 10 Store anymore.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.