Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The best free Xbox One games: 2020 edition

  • neosaladneosalad353,640
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 19:45
    Um... You forgot to mention MINION MASTERS yet again. Best F2P game by a country Mile in my opinion.
  • TayJK BunsenTayJK Bunsen311,624
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 20:13
    No mention of Island Saver? Great edutainment Slime Rancher clone with a quick completion time.
  • SpybreakerSpybreaker271,289
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 21:11
    Pinball FX 3 is free to play? Hahaha. (It's a platform for the pinball tables that you pay for.) Ashamed, I have bought pretty much all the tables, ha, on console and mobile. Don't judge.

    Eh, I try to stay away from F2P, they always get corrupted over time.
    Now you're dead.
  • CubivoreCubivore387,527
    Posted on 28 December 20 at 21:25, Edited on 28 December 20 at 21:26 by Cubivore
    Also in reading back through the thread, yes, the people saying World of Tanks does not belong are 100% correct. Maybe some years ago it would belong, however I gave up on the game due to terrible balance patch after terrible balance patch that buffed op tanks and nerfed bad tanks. But even ignoring that, the new 6.0 update has the most revulsion I've seen directed at anything since The Last Jedi. People are FURIOUS about, well, every single aspect of that update.
  • Posted on 29 December 20 at 02:32
    Wot is in a bad moment for everyone, specially new players, only play it if you want to get the Christmas tank (seal clubbing was made worse with the removal of tiers I-II) or if you have enough patience to grind the new season:
    http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/25156...
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw537,622
    Posted on 29 December 20 at 03:27
    Mostly PVP shown here and some non 2020 games. Should include something like Four Kings for those that enjoy more casual gaming and aren't big on PVP FPS BR stuff.
  • BioMegaBearBioMegaBear223,442
    Posted on 29 December 20 at 20:06
    I would also second PSO2.
  • Posted on 29 December 20 at 23:41
    neosalad said:
    Um... You forgot to mention MINION MASTERS yet again. Best F2P game by a country Mile in my opinion.
    Was going to post the same thing. Amazingly fun, monthly updates, and incredibly generous monetization system. Even with their upcoming changes scaling back the free rubies, it's still FAR beyond other F2P games.

    I've been playing it since it came out a year and a half ago, and aside from a single purchase I made in the beginning, I've gotten every season pass just from playing the game and earning rubies for free.

    Now all they have to do is fix the frame rate hitching issues. They're working on an overhaul to do just that, plus it runs MUCH better on the Series X.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor399,115
    Posted on 30 December 20 at 02:44
    Sera Di Siah said:
    You guys can remove World of Tanks from this list, the last update completely ruined the game. Literally 7 years of progress and advancement got nuked. The Devs changed so much it's crazy. It's unrecognizable at this point, like is this World of Tanks or some shitty War Thunder wannabe? ... I had a 25 skill crew, literally took me years and a good 10,000 battles with the same crew to get to that point and they just wiped it. For everyone... the commander system got overhauled and those dipshits just wiped everything. The whole IU is a mess, I could go on but there is no point, game is a joke.
    This game is one of the worst grindfests out there. I can't even imagine the hours that went into rank 25. There used to be an ultra-grindy achievement for getting a crew to rank 10, it seems the requirements for it recently got overhauled. Your comments have made me curious to see what sort of mess this has turned into, I haven't touched it in months.

    DubstepEdgelord said:
    The only game I can recommend on this list is Brawlhalla, Fallout Shelter is alright, and either I have not played the other games or they have been ruined over time by devs making greedy and terrible decisions. Spellbreak was never good.
    Unless we're talking indie games I don't think the devs have any decision making power in the corporate world. They are just a cog in the machine. Look at what happened to Cyberpunk.
  • Posted on 30 December 20 at 04:12
    Honorable mentions are missing!
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord1,618,724
    Posted on 30 December 20 at 15:29
    saturnsailor said:
    Sera Di Siah said:
    You guys can remove World of Tanks from this list, the last update completely ruined the game. Literally 7 years of progress and advancement got nuked. The Devs changed so much it's crazy. It's unrecognizable at this point, like is this World of Tanks or some shitty War Thunder wannabe? ... I had a 25 skill crew, literally took me years and a good 10,000 battles with the same crew to get to that point and they just wiped it. For everyone... the commander system got overhauled and those dipshits just wiped everything. The whole IU is a mess, I could go on but there is no point, game is a joke.
    This game is one of the worst grindfests out there. I can't even imagine the hours that went into rank 25. There used to be an ultra-grindy achievement for getting a crew to rank 10, it seems the requirements for it recently got overhauled. Your comments have made me curious to see what sort of mess this has turned into, I haven't touched it in months.

    DubstepEdgelord said:
    The only game I can recommend on this list is Brawlhalla, Fallout Shelter is alright, and either I have not played the other games or they have been ruined over time by devs making greedy and terrible decisions. Spellbreak was never good.
    Unless we're talking indie games I don't think the devs have any decision making power in the corporate world. They are just a cog in the machine. Look at what happened to Cyberpunk.
    I don't think you realize the point I was making. I'm not talking about microtransactions or whatever practices the companies use to make money, I am more talking about gameplay changes that hurt the hard-core fan base. Some games can be really good but when something good is nerfed and everyone is against it, or the game starts to reward casuals for ducking at the game. Idk what Cyberpunk has to do with my initial statement. Its not free to play, its a single player game, and that game is another story. A good chunk of the games on this list were solid when they came out but things have changed to make them suck in my opinion.
    Too much salt everywhere...
  • Posted on 02 January 21 at 04:27
    Spybreaker said:
    Pinball FX 3 is free to play? Hahaha. (It's a platform for the pinball tables that you pay for.) Ashamed, I have bought pretty much all the tables, ha, on console and mobile. Don't judge.

    Eh, I try to stay away from F2P, they always get corrupted over time.
    Well, in all fairness, they did say that you only get 2 tables for free. What they failed to mention was that if you bought any tables for Pinball FX or Pinball FX2 those tables are carried over for free to the newer version(s) of the game. :)
    - But that's just my 2¢
  • Blue RadiumBlue Radium984,243
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 23:42
    Really enjoyed PSO2. Achievement completion requires nowhere near the dedication to the game that ESO, Bless, and Neverwinter require. It's more like Black Desert, where you need to get about 25% of the way to being a sweaty tryhard of the game to clean up the achievements. A bit time consuming, but very enjoyable the entire time I played.
  • Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:00
    Harm ways is free if you reminbber 4 day free multi lies of astaroth free just play 12 hours per days for 4 or 5 hundred days
This thread has been locked by ManicMetalhead