Game Discussion: NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition

Lance McDonald finds Easter-Egg cheat code: Get to final end after killing first boss

  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip2,343,713
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 00:27
    What does this mean for achievements? You could immediately go to the secret shop after doing this easter egg right? But my understanding is not all achievements are available in the shop. Is this accurate?

    Had another thought that this would unlock chapter select and you could just load up whatever missions you need for missing achievements as well.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,110,853
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 01:08
    Yeah I was wondering that myself
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 01:10
    NutriWhip said:
    What does this mean for achievements? You could immediately go to the secret shop after doing this easter egg right? But my understanding is not all achievements are available in the shop. Is this accurate?

    Had another thought that this would unlock chapter select and you could just load up whatever missions you need for missing achievements as well.
    Lance says he's going to make a detailed video. My assumption is that you unlock the bonus modes and that includes chapter select.

    Not all achievements are available in the shop. The shop sells 28 of the 48 achievements. The ones that unlock through normal story progression, for example, are not included. But, I would imagine, they could be unlocked through chapter select using the bonus features.

    Another impediment would be that the achievements bought in the shop are expensive. One would need a means of generating cash. Nevertheless, once an achievement is unlocked, it's out there. The most expensive achievements go for 200K gold. So, as long as you have that much, you can make a save before interacting with the shop, buy 200K worth of achievements. Reload your save and spend another 200K. It would be a little tedious but, eventually, you'd have the 28 achievements available from the shop.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 01:15
    New Paralyzer said:
    Yeah I was wondering that myself
    As soon as Lance posts the detailed instructions, I'll test it out.
  • Posted on 04 January 21 at 01:22
    Hoping once it's all understood someone makes a post here detailing the new fastest method for all achievements.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 01:24
    Leap Of Faith77 said:
    Hoping once it's all understood someone makes a post here detailing the new fastest method for all achievements.
    I intend to do just that.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 02:34
    This is vintage Yoko Taro. On the one hand, he gives you the option of sacrificing all your saves at the end of the game for the greater good. On the other hand, he has a convoluted way of unlocking an Easter Egg cheat that takes you all the way to the end of the game.
  • srylain the 2ndsrylain the 2nd1,170,498
  • Shad0wdarShad0wdar373,417
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 11:53
    Yeah when inputting this you can go to the Achievement NPC straight away, we'll just need a guide to gather the Credits quickest.
    For relaxing times...
  • YoDzYoDz580,760
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 13:19
    Starting the game fresh and using the new cheat I unlocked 16 of the achievements for 270G
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 13:51
    Shad0wdar said:
    Yeah when inputting this you can go to the Achievement NPC straight away, we'll just need a guide to gather the Credits quickest.
    I wonder if you can use the debug room to give yourself 200K or more gold.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 13:52
    YoDz said:
    Starting the game fresh and using the new cheat I unlocked 16 of the achievements for 270G
    This is before you used the shop?
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip2,343,713
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 13:59, Edited on 04 January 21 at 14:00 by NutriWhip
    Allgorhythm said:
    YoDz said:
    Starting the game fresh and using the new cheat I unlocked 16 of the achievements for 270G
    This is before you used the shop?
    I don't believe he used the shop. These are the achievements he earned.

    YoDz's achievements in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition

    And in case they earn more before you look, it was everything up to Farewall, Pascal.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 15:37
    NutriWhip said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    YoDz said:
    Starting the game fresh and using the new cheat I unlocked 16 of the achievements for 270G
    This is before you used the shop?
    I don't believe he used the shop. These are the achievements he earned.

    YoDz's achievements in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition

    And in case they earn more before you look, it was everything up to Farewall, Pascal.
    That makes sense. That's all the achievements you cannot buy in the shop, except for two. You cannot buy:
    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionDesire Without EmotionThe Desire Without Emotion achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 53 pointsAt least 100,000 G in possession.

    If you had enough gold to buy the achievement, it would have already popped so it's not for sale.
    Once you get the above achievement, then all you have to do is buy the 28 achievements available for sale in the shop. Then, you will unlock the following:
    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 0 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip2,343,713
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 16:16, Edited on 04 January 21 at 16:17 by NutriWhip
    That leaves two achievements short if you add YoDz's 16 achievements plus the two you mentioned for 18. Add the 28 from the shop and you get 46. Are the following two achievements available in the shop? YoDz did not earn them using the cheat code. They're ending related so I'm not sure.

    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 69 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement


    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 66 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 04 January 21 at 16:52
    NutriWhip said:
    That leaves two achievements short if you add YoDz's 16 achievements plus the two you mentioned for 18. Add the 28 from the shop and you get 46. Are the following two achievements available in the shop? YoDz did not earn them using the cheat code. They're ending related so I'm not sure.

    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 69 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement


    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 66 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    You're right. These should be easy to get with chapter select.
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip2,343,713
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 00:19, Edited on 05 January 21 at 00:57 by NutriWhip
    Allgorhythm said:
    NutriWhip said:
    That leaves two achievements short if you add YoDz's 16 achievements plus the two you mentioned for 18. Add the 28 from the shop and you get 46. Are the following two achievements available in the shop? YoDz did not earn them using the cheat code. They're ending related so I'm not sure.

    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 69 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement


    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 66 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    You're right. These should be easy to get with chapter select.
    So I don't know how viable chapter select will be for these two achievements. I'm only level 3 when fighting the boss and doing 0 damage. Pretty much get one shotted.

    Edit: And I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the option to unlock the secret shop isn't available when talking to the person. I'm not sure if I need to do the above two achievements first or what.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm456,917
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 02:10
    NutriWhip said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    NutriWhip said:
    That leaves two achievements short if you add YoDz's 16 achievements plus the two you mentioned for 18. Add the 28 from the shop and you get 46. Are the following two achievements available in the shop? YoDz did not earn them using the cheat code. They're ending related so I'm not sure.

    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 69 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement


    NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition worth 66 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    You're right. These should be easy to get with chapter select.
    So I don't know how viable chapter select will be for these two achievements. I'm only level 3 when fighting the boss and doing 0 damage. Pretty much get one shotted.

    Edit: And I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the option to unlock the secret shop isn't available when talking to the person. I'm not sure if I need to do the above two achievements first or what.
    What about the debug room that Lance talked about in the video. Can you adjust your level with that? Also, he specifically mentioned the shop.

    Have you played the game regularly and have you gotten to the shop? If not, try the following:

    Use chapter select to choose Chapter 03-04 MIA. (It can actually be any chapter where you can go to the Resistance Camp.) In the Resistance Camp, interact with the Strange Resistance Woman--and choose "Request unlocking you-know-what." You'll need gold to buy achievements.

    I'm out of town right now and don't have access to an XBox One so I can't test it myself yet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.