The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 15 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• CanezzaCanezza143,999
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ361,290
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 12:15
    I messed up the shells on Abzu before it left GP - not worth paying 7.99 to complete it.
  • Posted on 05 January 21 at 12:31
    You missed Virtua Figther 5 1-2hr completion on the 360
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
  • Harvy75Harvy75110,980
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 13:46
    Hi, why the prices are shown in usd/gbp and not usd/eur ?!?
    One of the Lost Ones
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE688,033
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 13:59, Edited on 05 January 21 at 14:00 by I ASK NO ONE
    Tomorrow starts the new quest for 10k gamerscore for 10k MS points plus the 2k MS points for the quest being completed.
    I ASK NO ONE
  • TheIrishBeastTheIrishBeast1,465,932
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 14:13
    I ASK NO ONE said:
    Tomorrow starts the new quest for 10k gamerscore for 10k MS points plus the 2k MS points for the quest being completed.
    I wonder will it be 10k only from a select group of games again?
  • Posted on 05 January 21 at 14:54
    TheIrishBeast said:
    This is why we’ve held off on covering it - want to check and test for ourselves so we can share accurate information!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,257
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 17:19
    Dutch x Monster said:
    You missed Virtua Figther 5 1-2hr completion on the 360
    +1
  • eayragteayragt236,610
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 18:16
    Harvy75 said:
    Because the two countries who have people who use the site most are USA and GB.

Happy to help!
    Say everything with a smile
  • Posted on 05 January 21 at 18:40
    eayragt said:
    Harvy75 said:

Happy to help!
    This isnt a reason why it shouldnt be there, and youre telling me that the UK has more combined players then europe ?
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf976,188
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 19:52, Edited on 05 January 21 at 19:53 by nightw0lf
    Dutch x Monster said:
    eayragt said:
    Harvy75 said:

Happy to help!
    This isnt a reason why it shouldnt be there, and youre telling me that the UK has more combined players then europe ?
    I was curious, so here are the numbers from the leaderboards...

Total Europe TA users: 51.1K
    Total UK TA users: 27.5K
    Total Europe TA users outside the UK: 23.6K
    Total US users: 41.6K
    Total TA users: 585.9K

So the answer to your question is "yes".

Edit: There must be a ton of users for which no region is set/available because the region numbers don't add up to the total (not even close). So, for users with a known region, there are more in the UK than in the rest of Europe, but that may not be true in general. I'd expect much higher totals for the US and Europe than what is shown on the leaderboards.
  • eayragteayragt236,610
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 19:54
    Dutch x Monster said:
    eayragt said:
    Harvy75 said:

Happy to help!
    No, I didn't say that, and no, the question wasn't about adding EUR, it was about taking out GBP and replacing it with EUR.
    Say everything with a smile
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong405,738
    Posted on 05 January 21 at 21:03, Edited on 05 January 21 at 21:13 by TymanTheLong
    ABZU: this is a beautiful game with mediocre gameplay and a story that’s more hints than anything explicit. Those latter two issues are mostly absolved by its short length so it’s worthy of just the beauty. Fair warning, if you’re confused by 3D environments that include a lot of vertical territory to cover you might find ABZU unpleasant.

Virginia: this is not a good game, it’s somewhat interesting in its unique graphic novel narrative and sorta worth it, because it is short, just to experience something a bit different. But, again, it’s not good, just kind of novel.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: if you somehow have missed this game so far (there is also a stackable 360 Arcade version) this game is genuinely good with a heart wrenching story, amazing visuals, and gorgeous light puzzle gameplay. You can chapter select if you miss an achievement so you can go in without a guide if you’d like. Also it’s super short, but I’ve purchased both versions for full price and have never been sorry, it’s one of my favorite indie games on XBox.

BadRubberPiggy said:
    TheIrishBeast said:
    This is why we’ve held off on covering it - want to check and test for ourselves so we can share accurate information!
    Last time, in October, all achievements counted. You have to be careful to activate the punch card first in the rewards app though.
  • Posted on 06 January 21 at 02:19
    TymanTheLong said:
    ABZU: this is a beautiful game with mediocre gameplay and a story that’s more hints than anything explicit. Those latter two issues are mostly absolved by its short length so it’s worthy of just the beauty. Fair warning, if you’re confused by 3D environments that include a lot of vertical territory to cover you might find ABZU unpleasant.

Virginia: this is not a good game, it’s somewhat interesting in its unique graphic novel narrative and sorta worth it, because it is short, just to experience something a bit different. But, again, it’s not good, just kind of novel.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: if you somehow have missed this game so far (there is also a stackable 360 Arcade version) this game is genuinely good with a heart wrenching story, amazing visuals, and gorgeous light puzzle gameplay. You can chapter select if you miss an achievement so you can go in without a guide if you’d like. Also it’s super short, but I’ve purchased both versions for full price and have never been sorry, it’s one of my favorite indie games on XBox.
    THANK YOU for taking the time to write a mini-review for some of these! I'm sure many here besides me really appreciate it.
    https://www.waivingentropy.com/
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285594,599
    Posted on 06 January 21 at 08:00
    I think it would be worth including a column in the chart for the star rating. I've reached a point, and I'm sure others have as well, where I'm still up for quick, cheap completions, but only if there's something to enjoy for those 2-8 hours. Since these articles often comment on the ratings already, it seems like the legwork of looking up the ratings is already being done, so it would just be a matter of including the column at that point.
  • Master PantzMaster Pantz291,085
    Posted on 06 January 21 at 08:56
    Got any more suggestions out there?

If you beat Aborigenus during the last 10K thing, they added another 1000 Achievements to the game since then. I'm gonna start with that.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong405,738
    Posted on 06 January 21 at 16:26, Edited on 06 January 21 at 16:26 by TymanTheLong
    Fyre Insyde said:
    TymanTheLong said:

THANK YOU for taking the time to write a mini-review for some of these! I'm sure many here besides me really appreciate it.
    Oh hey, np, glad it helped!
  • Posted on 08 January 21 at 01:00
    thanatos8285 said:
    I think it would be worth including a column in the chart for the star rating. I've reached a point, and I'm sure others have as well, where I'm still up for quick, cheap completions, but only if there's something to enjoy for those 2-8 hours. Since these articles often comment on the ratings already, it seems like the legwork of looking up the ratings is already being done, so it would just be a matter of including the column at that point.
    I second this!
    https://www.waivingentropy.com/
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.