Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Publisher Xitilon told to reverse easy achievement changes for some of its games

• CanezzaCanezza190,801
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x757,486
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 15:57
    Hows that gonna work? Are they gonna take away gamerscore from people who already completed them?
  • RiIeyRiIey920,010
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 15:58
    Lollll wow
  • IcefiretnIcefiretn1,407,825
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 15:59
    Get the popcorn ready! dance
  • MorseyBabyMorseyBaby415,204
    It's a small win, but the ridiculous 1000G TUs are the bigger issue for me. A 1000G TU should be almost an entirely new game in its own right. Examples of games which could have warranted such things as TU/DLC lists worth 1000: Wargroove Double Trouble and Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock's DLC campaigns
  • WobbloWobblo1,040,915
    Games have achievement requirements changed all the time. Most common one I can think of is Rainbow Six Siege? I also recall Neon Abyss recently having some changed. Why are these games different?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,546,931
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:00, Edited on 07 January 21 at 16:01 by ChewieOnIce
    Johnny Broflex said:
    Hows that gonna work? Are they gonna take away gamerscore from people who already completed them?
    No, just the unlock requirements change for anyone new going for them. Everyone who unlocked them already will still have them unlocked.
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • MeetTheCynicMeetTheCynic460,610
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:01, Edited on 07 January 21 at 16:01 by MeetTheCynic
    Johnny Broflex said:
    No, the unlock requirements have just been reverted meaning that going forward people will have to unlock them according the original requirements.

People who have already unlocked them will keep the achievements, as I believe it’s the publisher who broke the rules.
  • CanezzaCanezza190,801
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:01
    MeetTheCynic said:
    Johnny Broflex said:
    No, the unlock requirements have just been reverted meaning that going forward people will have to unlock them according the original requirements.

People who have already unlocked them will keep the achievements, as I believe it’s the publisher who broke the rules:
    This is correct.
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Le MLG RamenLe MLG Ramen441,101
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:02
    Johnny Broflex said:
    I wouldn't think so as games change their requirements for games via updates (Rainbow Six Siege comes to mind) Or losing online achievements to accompany server closure (Hitman 2) People unlocked them before they changed and didn't lose any g's
  • MorseyBabyMorseyBaby415,204
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:02
    Wobblo said:
    Games have achievement requirements changed all the time. Most common one I can think of is Rainbow Six Siege? I also recall Neon Abyss recently having some changed. Why are these games different?
    Sea of Thieves did too. Presumably there needs to be cause such as 'These are far grindier than intended/don't work as intended/need improved tracking' - technical reasons. Not: "I want to make my list easier to make more people buy my game".
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:03
    They're only doing this cause of the 10,000 gamerscore rewards program. They don't want everyone to get the free value of the reward points
  • Tendoman77Tendoman774,074,437
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:04, Edited on 07 January 21 at 16:05 by Tendoman77
    Guess this might explain the second title updates for these games the past day

Bet Cheevo Guides is gonna have a fit over this since he'e the main reason we had these absurd easy cheevo list changes in the first place lol.
  • K4rn4geK4rn4ge2,663,461
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:04
    Dirt 5 changed their achievement to make it less grindy so I'm a bit surprised about this.
    Follow me on these for gameplay, giveaways and more! http://www.twitch.tv/karnage http://www.youtube.com/k4rn4ge http://www.twitter.com/k4rn4ge
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285698,508
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:06
    Wobblo said:
    They’re different because they make it easier to nab the free 10k reward points up for grabs right now. There’s no way it’s a coincidence that Microsoft caught this right now.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,343,971
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:08
    Tendoman77 said:
    Guess this might explain the second title updates for these games the past day

Bet Cheevo Guides is gonna have a fit over this since he'e the main reason we had these absurd easy cheevo list changes in the first place lol.
    Nah those have been planned for a while, but there's a limit to how much can be added how frequently, they had to wait for the new year. They're going even higher under their current plan.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase402,595
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:08
    I find this hilarious that they go after them for this but not publishers and developers with broken achievements.
  • SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon1,374,133
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:09
    There a circumstances such as server closures that can generate a waiver, but you can’t just do it

Which is why your achievements should be dead easy out the gate ;)
  • WobbloWobblo1,040,915
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:10
    thanatos8285 said:
    Wobblo said:
    They’re different because they make it easier to nab the free 10k reward points up for grabs right now. There’s no way it’s a coincidence that Microsoft caught this right now.
    But the achievement requirements were changed ages ago. I find it strange that they are taking issue with something that happened months ago. The title updates in these games remain unchanged and they are mediocre 10 minute/1000g completions themselves so it wont make any difference in the grand scheme of it.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76687,773
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:12
    K4rn4ge said:
    Dirt 5 changed their achievement to make it less grindy so I'm a bit surprised about this.
    I'm sure there are valid reasons to have requirements changed (unobtainable or otherwise broken, accidentally put the comma in the wrong place, etc.) I doubt that this was the case for these Xitilon games.

That said, I don't know what the requirements originally were.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.