Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Publisher Xitilon told to reverse easy achievement changes for some of its games

• Thief000Thief0001,076,013
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:13, Edited on 07 January 21 at 19:00 by Thief000
    Time to unlock them all tomorrow then. No worries...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:14
    Ahayzo said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Guess this might explain the second title updates for these games the past day

Bet Cheevo Guides is gonna have a fit over this since he'e the main reason we had these absurd easy cheevo list changes in the first place lol.
    Nah those have been planned for a while, but there's a limit to how much can be added how frequently, they had to wait for the new year. They're going even higher under their current plan.
    Huh interesting, although proberly no point carrying title updates on now that they'll revert all the games back to how they were, forcing full playthroughs pretty much.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:14
    Tendoman77 said:

Bet Cheevo Guides is gonna have a fit over this since he'e the main reason we had these absurd easy cheevo list changes in the first place lol.
    how come what did cheevos do?
  • FireRaiser1985FireRaiser19851,302,703
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:16
    Lol.
  • Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:17
    PeachCloud87115 said:
    Tendoman77 said:

Story is, or what he alleges, is he contacted someone at xitilion to make them easier.
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13783,099
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:23
    Im sure people are only playing these games for the engaging gamplay, realistic visuals and the deep and rich story
  • HammerloreHammerlore267,478
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:25
    YAGER420BOMB said:
    They're only doing this cause of the 10,000 gamerscore rewards program. They don't want everyone to get the free value of the reward points
    That is, if you already own those games. Spending 5€ to get 3€ (3.000 GS) is not a fair trade
  • A DEAD B0DY MANA DEAD B0DY MAN1,680,887
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:26
    That's ridiculous.. like some one said worry about games that are broken or have un attainable achievements.... 🤔
  • HammerloreHammerlore267,478
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:26
    SheBeatsYou said:
    I find this hilarious that they go after them for this but not publishers and developers with broken achievements.
    Couldn't agree more!
  • Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:29
    Hammerlore said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    I find this hilarious that they go after them for this but not publishers and developers with broken achievements.
    Couldn't agree more!
    +1
  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs406,012
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:30
    The Xbox achievements system has been broken for a very long time now. I judge myself by my TA score instead of GS.
    They need to be looking at the gamerscore structure as a whole.
    Xbox Ambassador / Insider Hopeful Videogame Journalist Content Creator / Achievement Hunter Find Me - Xbox / Twitter / Instagram / Youtube / Discord
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:31
    ADrunkCanadian said:
    PeachCloud87115 said:
    Tendoman77 said:

Story is, or what he alleges, is he contacted someone at xitilion to make them easier.
    Yeah if I recall CG himself proclaimed such a thing in a few of his youtube videos before, least within the descriptions
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:36
    ADrunkCanadian said:
    PeachCloud87115 said:
    Tendoman77 said:

oh ahah
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,614,832
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:37
    Wobblo said:
    Games have achievement requirements changed all the time. Most common one I can think of is Rainbow Six Siege? I also recall Neon Abyss recently having some changed. Why are these games different?
    My thoughts exactly. There's not butt loads but definitely a good number of games with things changed, including big names like Destiny and, as you said, Siege. Anyone read the publishing terms and know why this is different?
  • KexolKexol472,689
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:37
    DeathHunts#9248 said:
    The Xbox achievements system has been broken for a very long time now. I judge myself by my TA score instead of GS.
    Yessssssss. Couldn't agree more. GS has become this saturated mess that isn't all that exciting to look at anymore cause of games like this.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82488,338
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:38
    lol and I just saw an equally very easy title update for Castle of No Escape.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,907,668
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:39, Edited on 07 January 21 at 16:43 by Maxumilli0n
    Only game I haven't played is CoNE 2 so I think I'll get in on that before these changes happen.

Funny thing is none of these games are even that hard except for maybe Cold Silence.
  • Dizzy ShayDizzy Shay1,596,865 1,596,865 GamerScore
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:39
    Can people stop hating on cheevo guides he didn't change the achievement requirements or made easy achievements he gave them suggestions
    To whoever stole my copy of Microsoft Office, I will find you. You have my Word!
  • A DEAD B0DY MANA DEAD B0DY MAN1,680,887
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:40
    DeathHunts#9248 said:
    The ta score is broken lol. Not gamer score. Inflated ratios with bogus accounts... All games should be based of total Xbox players. Regardless if the have the game or not. Etc.
  • SiegfriedXSiegfriedX5,110,703
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 16:43
    So, Microsoft is pretty much saying Killer Instinct and Sea of Thives, both games owned by them also broke the rules? When are the requirements on both games going back to the original? Or they are jusy enforcing the rule when it pleases them?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.