Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Publisher Xitilon told to reverse easy achievement changes for some of its games

• D ii N N YD ii N N Y377,391
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 08:22
    J4CKA1 said:
    Castle of No Escape games broken? Still fast? Possibly want to get the bundle but not if it's all broken.
    I bought these in the sale, without realising they had been patched, and have earnt 2000/3000 in about 15 mins max in each of them - it is the base game GS that is difficult to get. The DLC achievements pop easily.
  • x SATELE SHAN xx SATELE SHAN x1,000,314
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:14
    Fejer said:
    In my opinion all Xitilon games (Reactor X, Pixel Gladiator, Castle of no Escape 1&2, etc.) should be re-estimated or reset regarding the time it takes to complete them. People looking at the "Quick Games/Easy Gamescore" list during sales are misled into thinking that those games are much shorter and easier to complete.
    I agree. I am indeed one of the victims :(
  • FejerFejer1,340,418
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:42
    x SATELE SHAN x said:
    I agree. I am indeed one of the victims :(
    You're not alone wink
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,712,166
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 14:31
    I was hoping that Xitilon would revert the names of the achievements... but leave the easier unlock requirements. Drat.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • WcG iFredy29WcG iFredy29685,727
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 18:51
    I know I'm a bit late to comment but I still think this is a joke. Making achievements easier fair enough, they shouldn't make them harder after people have unlocked them it just isn't fair. It's a load of tosh as well as I seen a few peoples comments before about it happening on other games, remember when R6: Siege changed like all their achievements? But yeah that's fine.
    -WcG iFredy29
  • FejerFejer1,340,418
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 20:33
    I personally think that problem was not quite that the achievements were made eeasier, but that the original achievements very replaced by completely different ones with new tasks. It's clear from the video guides for Castle of no Escape 2, that those are completely unrelated to what the achievements now ask you to do.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj242,827
    Posted on 23 January 21 at 00:52
    Whew, just got my refund on this garbage.
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1311,623
    Posted on 23 January 21 at 16:37
    mcnichoj said:
    Whew, just got my refund on this garbage.
    I read garbage as "mortgage" and was about to PM you...
  • IGH KelliKatIGH KelliKat187,110
    Posted on 05 February 21 at 21:41
    So the Dev for Cold Silence is adding 1000 achievements in an update and rewarding the 13 people who had the a specific difficult achievement before the update by putting them in game. Pretty neat
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVaAiyhJVqE&feature=y....be
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm613,975
    Posted on 06 February 21 at 17:05
    IGH KelliKat said:
    So the Dev for Cold Silence is adding 1000 achievements in an update and rewarding the 13 people who had the a specific difficult achievement before the update by putting them in game. Pretty neat
    I played this a couple of years ago when it came out on the PC. It was not published by Xitilon but by Half-face games and I got it as part of a Half-face games bundle. Xitilon was the one who changed the achievements. The Steam achievements were not changed.

On TA, there was a lot of discussion about easy achievements & getting games just for score. I see it a little differently. Xitilon changed the nature of the game. The game lacked polish, but it did a very good job at atmosphere & interesting use of color to create a lurking sense of dread. Although I haven't played the X1 version, I feel that removing the challenge transforms it into a game with bad graphics & no audio that you spend half an hour on to get a bunch of achievements. I like achievements but, in this case, it was the challenge of the game and not its 60 achievements that made it worth playing.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,762,248
    Posted on 06 February 21 at 18:46
    Allgorhythm said:
    IGH KelliKat said:
    I played this a couple of years ago when it came out on the PC. It was not published by Xitilon but by Half-face games and I got it as part of a Half-face games bundle. Xitilon was the one who changed the achievements. The Steam achievements were not changed.

On TA, there was a lot of discussion about easy achievements & getting games just for score. I see it a little differently. Xitilon changed the nature of the game. The game lacked polish, but it did a very good job at atmosphere & interesting use of color to create a lurking sense of dread. Although I haven't played the X1 version, I feel that removing the challenge transforms it into a game with bad graphics & no audio that you spend half an hour on to get a bunch of achievements. I like achievements but, in this case, it was the challenge of the game and not its 60 achievements that made it worth playing.
    Ok, but what’s that got to do with the dev adding content to the game featuring the people who did it originally? laugh
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing' | discord.io/ah101
  • Inferno118Inferno1183,211,785
    Posted on 07 February 21 at 05:16
    Interesting. I didn’t have any of the hard achievements in the game so not sure what achievement specifically is being referenced, but that’s pretty cool. Achievement hunting is some weird niche shit man
  • IGH KelliKatIGH KelliKat187,110
    Posted on 07 February 21 at 18:46
    Inferno118 said:
    Interesting. I didn’t have any of the hard achievements in the game so not sure what achievement specifically is being referenced, but that’s pretty cool. Achievement hunting is some weird niche shit man
    I don't think it was even especially hard. It may have just been to reach the final chapter. The game just didn't sell well. I see people saying it's shit but I quite enjoyed it. I enjoy figuring games out for myself and exploring. A lot of cheevo hunters seem to go straight to video guides, get the achievements and get out.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285734,609
    Posted on 18 February 21 at 01:20
    For anyone, like me, who doesn't auto update games for right now you can choose "Cancel" instead of update on the game and still unlock everything when it used too in under an hour. I had forgotten about finishing this and only recalled it after the change so chose not to update and try my luck as I am terrible with platformers and had no desire to play through to where the last ones I had left unlocked. Following an old video guide they started popping when they were on the video (just with the old names/descriptions)

I contacted Xitilon via email to see if he still had the old achievement descriptions to try and figure out which ones I might have never got done. I'm not sure if he does or not as he misunderstood my email and gave me the new ways of getting the ones I had left. I played through with an alt using the guide to kind of judge where the last one might be and found it, hopped over to main and within a couple minutes had it there too
    Posted on 18 February 21 at 03:19
    Reviewing the comments, it appears the real challenge is not in the achievements becoming more difficult but coping with the glitches & bugs accompanying the changes.
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 22:46
    Allgorhythm said:
    Reviewing the comments, it appears the real challenge is not in the achievements becoming more difficult but coping with the glitches & bugs accompanying the changes.
    It's a strange study from what I've read. I'm pretty sure it was really hard (finishing the whole game on all 5 or 6 difficulties, one being I think permadeath) and only a handful had done it. Then he changed all his achievements and unlocks to extremely easy things. Following a video walkthrough after that update would get you all 60 in like 20-60 minutes depending on your luck and ability to platform. You skipped over half the levels and original unlocks/story. They're apparently back to original. Can't vouch as I just bought it and the other games from the publisher for a quick GS January and the bonus rewards
  • Posted on 20 February 21 at 23:46
    Fejer said:
    In my opinion all Xitilon games (Reactor X, Pixel Gladiator, Castle of no Escape 1&2, etc.) should be re-estimated or reset regarding the time it takes to complete them. People looking at the "Quick Games/Easy Gamescore" list during sales are misled into thinking that those games are much shorter and easier to complete.
    the completion times are based off the times it took people, it will never get changed to not reflect those who got it when it was easy. its like DC Universe, it says completion is what an hour or so, yet that is not a real representation because its only that low if you pay for stuff. when i mentioned the time as being wrong i was told exactly what i am saying here. those numbers are part of it even if we dont like it.
    Iceberg Right Ahead
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 00:07
    Fejer said:
    People looking at the "Quick Games/Easy Gamescore" list during sales are misled into thinking that those games are much shorter and easier to complete.
    If I had to guess they just won't be included in those posts anymore. Maybe I missed one but I don't believe they've been on sale since the change back so thus haven't been in there.
  • FejerFejer1,340,418
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 07:58
    EazyE2285 said:
    Fejer said:
    People looking at the "Quick Games/Easy Gamescore" list during sales are misled into thinking that those games are much shorter and easier to complete.
    If I had to guess they just won't be included in those posts anymore. Maybe I missed one but I don't believe they've been on sale since the change back so thus haven't been in there.
    I personally fell for "Castle of no Escape 2", which was listed in a sale after the update and I would rate with as a 4-6 hours game and is more difficult/skill dependent. Reactor X is still very easy to complete.
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 16:35, Edited on 23 February 21 at 16:36 by Allgorhythm
    Wouldn't it be great if THQ Studio Australia came out with a 1000 Gamerscore title update for Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth. It would have fun achievements like, "Beat the Chapter 7 Boss" and "Discover all six secrets in the game."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.