Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Publisher Xitilon told to reverse easy achievement changes for some of its games

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,674,881
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 16:57
    Allgorhythm said:
    Wouldn't it be great if THQ Studio Australia came out with a 1000 Gamerscore title update for Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth. It would have fun achievements like, "Beat the Chapter 7 Boss" and "Discover all six secrets in the game."
    I think people would literally spontaneously combust if that happened
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing' | discord.io/ah101
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,059
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 18:08
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Wouldn't it be great if THQ Studio Australia came out with a 1000 Gamerscore title update for Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth. It would have fun achievements like, "Beat the Chapter 7 Boss" and "Discover all six secrets in the game."
    I think people would literally spontaneously combust if that happened
    laugh
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 21:25
    EazyE2285 said:
    Fejer said:
    People looking at the "Quick Games/Easy Gamescore" list during sales are misled into thinking that those games are much shorter and easier to complete.
    If I had to guess they just won't be included in those posts anymore. Maybe I missed one but I don't believe they've been on sale since the change back so thus haven't been in there.
    Two Xitilon Games are in the latest sale & both made it into the Easy GamerScore article. There is a comment that they take a little longer than the estimated completion times thanks to “that funny business with Xitilon.” smile
  • FejerFejer1,294,875
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 21:48
    Allgorhythm said:
    Two Xitilon Games are in the latest sale & both made it into the Easy GamerScore article. There is a comment that they take a little longer than the estimated completion times thanks to “that funny business with Xitilon.” smile
    Yes, "Smart Moves" is one of those games. I expected it to be a bit more difficult, but even with a video guide I would say it's a 2-3 hour game because even with a video guide, you will have to watch and follow the steps and complete the whole game (around 65 levels). Bought it for the 3000Gs.
    "ReactorX" on the other side is quite easy to complete under 1 hour.
    Posted on 23 February 21 at 22:27
    Fejer said:
    Yes, "Smart Moves" is one of those games. I expected it to be a bit more difficult, but even with a video guide I would say it's a 2-3 hour game because even with a video guide, you will have to watch and follow the steps and complete the whole game (around 65 levels). Bought it for the 3000Gs.
    "ReactorX" on the other side is quite easy to complete under 1 hour.
    I was reminded of Smart Moves because I got a Steam notification that a sequel was coming out in April. I’d gotten the game as part of an indie bundle during a sale. It was not a Xitilon game on Steam & still has only the 12 original achievements.

I don’t play PC games for achievements so I was only interested in completing the zones & not grinding out all the chests. IIRC, the second before last zone was the trickiest. It took me a little over 2 hours to finish the game—probably would have taken another hour if I’d wanted to open every single chest.

I enjoyed the game. I’m following Smart Moves 2 on Steam & will pick it up when I get a price I like.
    Posted on 14 March 21 at 23:44
    Xitilon's easy title updates and console command for Win 10 games Microsoft just added to GamePass appear to be two sides of the same coin. facepalm
  • KriKillerKriKiller2,027,894
    Posted on 16 March 21 at 07:41
    I started cold silence and I didn't notice the xilition crap. And now how do you go about completing it? why is not communicated on ta?
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,645,702
    Posted on 16 March 21 at 10:47
    KriKiller said:
    I started cold silence and I didn't notice the xilition crap. And now how do you go about completing it? why is not communicated on ta?
    There are a bunch of solutions for the different achievements. What do you mean it's not communicated on TA?
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
    Posted on 16 March 21 at 12:31
    Sashamorning said:
    KriKiller said:
    There are a bunch of solutions for the different achievements. What do you mean it's not communicated on TA?
    completion 0-1 h??
    :(((
  • lightsup55lightsup55536,917
    Posted on 16 March 21 at 12:50
    KriKiller said:
    Sashamorning said:
    KriKiller said:
    completion 0-1 h??
    :(((
    That is the completion estimate based on the player base on TrueAchievements that have marked how long it took them to complete it.

The majority of these players had completed the game and marked their completion estimate (on TrueAchievements) before the publisher was told to reverse the game update which made it easier to unlock all achievements.

Unfortunately, this completion estimate will remain for as long as the majority of players have marked their completion estimate as 0-1 hour.

Does that make sense now?
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,839,408
    Posted on 16 March 21 at 22:46
    Still better than that Phantasy Star crap sucks we can't play that DLC and get cheevs in it
  • Posted on 19 March 21 at 07:43
    So how difficult/how long does this take now? Sadly I can't refund it.
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 11:17
    good question
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 12:44
    HumbleSloth4921 said:
    Depends on the game. Cold Silence and Castle of No Escape 1 are tricky/long.
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing' | discord.io/ah101
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 13:46
    ChewieOnIce said:
    HumbleSloth4921 said:
    Cold Silence is a little tricky because the game has you traveling in poor, snowy visibility. It’s only long when compared to its former sub one hour completion. Compared to most games, it’s still a short completion.

Castle of No Escape is neither tricky nor long if you know how to play it. Although the squares in the grid are unknown, they take a split second to activate. Go to a new square and quickly back to the one you came from. In this manner, you can then map the castle. Once mapped, you can go for luck based achievements like opening chests.

If the two, IMHO, although significantly longer to complete, Cold Silence is the better game. The game lacks polish, but it does a very good job at atmosphere & interesting use of color to create a lurking sense of dread. It is a much more interesting game now that the achievements have been restored to what they were originally.
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 16:48
    Allgorhythm said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    HumbleSloth4921 said:
    Cold Silence is a little tricky because the game has you traveling in poor, snowy visibility. It’s only long when compared to its former sub one hour completion. Compared to most games, it’s still a short completion.

Castle of No Escape is neither tricky nor long if you know how to play it. Although the squares in the grid are unknown, they take a split second to activate. Go to a new square and quickly back to the one you came from. In this manner, you can then map the castle. Once mapped, you can go for luck based achievements like opening chests.

If the two, IMHO, although significantly longer to complete, Cold Silence is the better game. The game lacks polish, but it does a very good job at atmosphere & interesting use of color to create a lurking sense of dread. It is a much more interesting game now that the achievements have been restored to what they were originally.
    You have to complete it like 5 times though right?
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 16:50, Edited on 19 March 21 at 16:50 by ChewieOnIce
    Also I was actually thinking of ConE 2 because of this
    Castle of no Escape 2I kinda like this placeThe I kinda like this place achievement in Castle of no Escape 2 worth 66 pointsPlay more than 10 hours
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 20:47
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Also I was actually thinking of ConE 2 because of this
    Castle of no Escape 2I kinda like this placeThe I kinda like this place achievement in Castle of no Escape 2 worth 66 pointsPlay more than 10 hours
    Yes. ConE 2, in spite of being a sequel, is a completely different game & that’s not the only time-consuming achievement.
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 21:37
    ChewieOnIce said:
    The game is so short this isn’t the time consuming part. It’s all those tedious dying achievements. I played it on the PC. I got all the game play achievements including playing on Lethal & doing a no damage run. But there are still some grindy achievements I didn’t bother with. I died quite a lot but my goal was to avoid dying. Still, you can get 60 achievements in well under 10 hours. I don’t know about you, but I consider anything under 10 hours to be a short game.

The bottom line is this is not a game you play just for the achievements. When I played it, I wasn’t going for the achievements. It has a unique fun factor. But, if you find the game at least a little bit interesting, even with the more time-consuming achievements, it’s still one of the fastest ways to knock out 60 achievements.
    Posted on 24 March 21 at 11:21
    Allgorhythm said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    The game is so short this isn’t the time consuming part. It’s all those tedious dying achievements. I played it on the PC. I got all the game play achievements including playing on Lethal & doing a no damage run. But there are still some grindy achievements I didn’t bother with. I died quite a lot but my goal was to avoid dying. Still, you can get 60 achievements in well under 10 hours. I don’t know about you, but I consider anything under 10 hours to be a short game.

The bottom line is this is not a game you play just for the achievements. When I played it, I wasn’t going for the achievements. It has a unique fun factor. But, if you find the game at least a little bit interesting, even with the more time-consuming achievements, it’s still one of the fastest ways to knock out 60 achievements.
    A no damage run? Included all boss or u can go by chapter 1 to chapter 6 by killing the radio?
    If you no dagame but accidentally take health, do you have to start from the beginning?
    tnx :((
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.