Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Publisher Xitilon told to reverse easy achievement changes for some of its games

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,059
    Posted on 24 March 21 at 14:07, Edited on 24 March 21 at 15:59 by Allgorhythm
    KriKiller said:
    A no damage run? Included all boss or u can go by chapter 1 to chapter 6 by killing the radio?
    If you no dagame but accidentally take health, do you have to start from the beginning?
    tnx :((
    It's been almost two years since I played it on the PC so I hope I remember this correctly. First, there is an achievement for taking no damage and using no heals in chapter 1. You cannot heal and you cannot take damage or the achievement fails. All you have to do is evade all dangers and jump over healing items (there are only a couple IIRC. If you mess up, it's no big deal because you just start from the beginning of a very short chapter and try again.

The more challenging achievement is to complete chapter 6 in either the hardest difficulty or the second hardest difficulty. Although it's only chapter 6, to unlock chapter 6 you have to beat the other 5 chapter bosses first on extreme or lethal difficulty. IIRC, the game does not get harder on the higher difficulties. So, once you master the game on easy, you can use the enemy and boss patterns in your extreme or lethal run. What makes extreme and lethal difficult is you only have 1 HP. So this means any damage you take no matter how small will kill you.

The difference between extreme and lethal is that in extreme you can die. You go back to the main menu but can use chapter select to go back to the chapter where you died. So, you can unlock all the chapters and then just figure out how to beat chapter 6 for the achievement. In lethal, you must play continuously--no chapter select. If you die, you have to start your lethal run over again.

I hope I am not making this sound more difficult than it is. The chapters are very short and easy to learn. The boss attack patterns are easily earned on the lowest difficulty. Once you know the patterns, they are not much of a challenge on the highest difficulty. It is the environment that is your real enemy. You must learn the maps. But, as I said, the chapters are short so this does not take long. Since most of the achievements have to do with dying, you can grind those out while exploring the map. Because the game is so short, you soon have everything committed to memory.
    Posted on 24 March 21 at 16:04
    KriKiller said:
    A no damage run? Included all boss or u can go by chapter 1 to chapter 6 by killing the radio?
    If you no dagame but accidentally take health, do you have to start from the beginning?
    tnx :((
    The tldr; version of my above post:
    This is not a game about hand & eye coordination twitch skills. It's a game about memorizing maps & patterns. It's a very short easy game so it's not too difficult to memorize the maps & patterns but it will take you a few hours rather than the 20 minutes with the super-easy version of the achievements.
  • KriKillerKriKiller2,027,894
    Posted on 28 March 21 at 08:44, Edited on 28 March 21 at 08:51 by KriKiller
    well, i have achvm for complete chapt 6 in extreme game mode :)
    now, i don't know how to do pantomime achievement. I start from chapter 1 and the run ends at chap 5. (no damage, no health).
    does anyone remember the steps exactly? chap 1-5, boss (Fear), menu. now?
    what is meant by “at the end”?

help -.-
    tnxxxxxx
    Posted on 28 March 21 at 13:36, Edited on 28 March 21 at 13:39 by Allgorhythm
    KriKiller said:
    now, i don't know how to do pantomime achievement. I start from chapter 1 and the run ends at chap 5. (no damage, no health).

help -.-
    tnxxxxxx
    I played 2 yrs ago when it came out on the PC so I hope I remember this correctly &, with the XBox changes, I’m not positive the XBox & PC versions are identical. If the XBox game has been restored to the PC version, you have to get thru Chapter 6. There’s a secret access when you get to Death Pass.
    Posted on 28 March 21 at 15:21
    Allgorhythm said:
    KriKiller said:

help -.-
    tnxxxxxx
    I played 2 yrs ago when it came out on the PC so I hope I remember this correctly &, with the XBox changes, I’m not positive the XBox & PC versions are identical. If the XBox game has been restored to the PC version, you have to get thru Chapter 6. There’s a secret access when you get to Death Pass.
    ah ok pc version. no boss fight then? I have to find out how to get from level 5 to 6. secret access to death pass... ok i’ll try
    Posted on 28 March 21 at 15:24
    KriKiller said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    KriKiller said:

help -.-
    tnxxxxxx
    Did this help?
    Posted on 29 March 21 at 18:45
    Allgorhythm said:
    KriKiller said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    KriKiller said:

help -.-
    tnxxxxxx
    Did this help?
    yes, many thanks :)
    ah ok pc version. no boss fight then? I have to find out how to get from level 5 to 6. secret access to death pass... ok i’ll try
  • EthigyEthigy1,127,865
    Posted on 29 March 21 at 19:36
    Don’t give in to the system.
    Posted on 30 March 21 at 19:20
    KriKiller said:
    Congrats! I see you have the 100% and unlocked
    Cold SilencePantomimeThe Pantomime achievement in Cold Silence worth 26 pointsOn "easy", run from chapter 1 to the end. No damage. No heals.

You might consider a short guide. I can't write one because I only played the PC version and not the X1 version.
    Posted on 02 April 21 at 10:43
    Allgorhythm said:
    KriKiller said:
    Congrats! I see you have the 100% and unlocked
    Cold SilencePantomimeThe Pantomime achievement in Cold Silence worth 26 pointsOn "easy", run from chapter 1 to the end. No damage. No heals.

You might consider a short guide. I can't write one because I only played the PC version and not the X1 version.
    thanks. Unfortunately I'm not good with English. 100% is a great satisfaction and you need to learn the map by heart. I remain available for every need. thanks
    GG
    Posted on 02 April 21 at 13:14
    KriKiller said:
    thanks. Unfortunately I'm not good with English. 100% is a great satisfaction and you need to learn the map by heart. I remain available for every need. thanks
    GG
    No problem. I was happy to see you get the achievement.

I was not sure if I remembered it correctly. As you say, the most important thing is to learn the map by heart. Was I right about the secret entrance to chapter 6 at Death Pass?
  • FejerFejer1,294,875
    Posted on 02 April 21 at 20:35, Edited on 02 April 21 at 20:36 by Fejer
    Just finished Cold Silence today on "easy". Some areas in this game are sooooo frustrating. You only get checkpoints at each new stage, but having to run around the area trying find the preconditions (turn 3 lamps off, detonate 3 bombs, find 3 coffins, etc.) for a boss fight all the time just to die to unlock a specific death achievement is mad. And you need to find each boss and die without the preconditions for another set of achievements.

Also the way from chapter 4 to chapter 5 is horrible: confusing maze, terrible platforming with no room for errors (that "Ether Bridge") and constantly being chased by shadows.

I believe that the achievements in the "creator's challenge" mode are impossible. I unlocked it but I did not get far.
    Creator's Challenge for Cold Silence

The only aspects about this game which I enjoyed is the distinct visual design, the boss fight designs and the idea of the radio.
    Posted on 03 April 21 at 14:42
    Allgorhythm said:
    KriKiller said:
    GG
    No problem. I was happy to see you get the achievement.

I was not sure if I remembered it correctly. As you say, the most important thing is to learn the map by heart. Was I right about the secret entrance to chapter 6 at Death Pass?
    yes! :)
  • Posted on 13 May 21 at 00:49, Edited on 13 May 21 at 00:51 by Brown Bristles
    Might have been mentioned already but if you bought these before they reversed the achievements and still have the unpatched version on your xbox, you can cancel the update and play the game and the achievements will still unlock the easy way but still have the harder descriptions.

I did Castle 2 and Explorer of Night that way last night.
  • AgileDukeAgileDuke607,432
    Posted on 24 May 21 at 08:19
    This game is so hard, quite enjoyable but a challenging game for sure. I Got it on sale a while ago but after the patch so will be a long road to the 1K. The TA ratios should be reset to account for the change in achievements. I can't even tell which of my achievements I have left to get are easily obtainable with the ratios as they are.
  • lightsup55lightsup55536,917
    Posted on 24 May 21 at 09:15, Edited on 24 May 21 at 09:17 by lightsup55
    AgileDuke said:
    This game is so hard, quite enjoyable but a challenging game for sure. I Got it on sale a while ago but after the patch so will be a long road to the 1K. The TA ratios should be reset to account for the change in achievements. I can't even tell which of my achievements I have left to get are easily obtainable with the ratios as they are.
    I'm not sure which game you are talking about since it pertains to some of the games published by Xitilon listed in the article. The discussion thread (this thread) appears in the forums for all of those games.

Anyway... that would be nice but with the way the site works, it is not going to happen. The TA ratios of the achievements are based on the players who unlocked it vs. the total players that started the game.

The best way to find out what achievements are easy/difficult and which ones are quick/grind would be to ask one of the first players to complete the game(s) in question. The game(s) in question were harder/longer before they were patched to make them easier/quicker. However, they were then patched again to restore them back to what they were when originally released as required by Microsoft.
    Posted on 24 May 21 at 13:15
    AgileDuke said:
    Which game? Cold Silence ?
    Posted on 24 May 21 at 13:29
    Allgorhythm said:
    AgileDuke said:
    Yeah. Cold silence,
    Posted on 24 May 21 at 15:05
    AgileDuke said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    AgileDuke said:
    Yeah. Cold silence,
    I've discussed it above quite a bit. I played it on the PC where the achievements were never changed. The original achievements take longer and are moderately more challenging than the short-lived revised list but the game is not difficult. Most of the achievements involve dying. So, you can grind them out while you memorize the short maps for each level.

You might refer to my 24 March 2021 above for a more detailed discussion of how to deal with the peskier achievements. Additionally, the Pantomime achievement says you must go from chapter 1 to the end - no damage, no heals. It appears the end is at chapter 5. But there is a secret entrance to chapter 6 at Death Pass that you take to Chapter 6. The achievement, itself, is not difficult - but, if you don't know about the secret entrance, it can be tricky.
    Posted on 24 May 21 at 18:29
    Allgorhythm said:
    AgileDuke said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    AgileDuke said:
    Yeah. Cold silence,
    I've discussed it above quite a bit. I played it on the PC where the achievements were never changed. The original achievements take longer and are moderately more challenging than the short-lived revised list but the game is not difficult. Most of the achievements involve dying. So, you can grind them out while you memorize the short maps for each level.

You might refer to my 24 March 2021 above for a more detailed discussion of how to deal with the peskier achievements. Additionally, the Pantomime achievement says you must go from chapter 1 to the end - no damage, no heals. It appears the end is at chapter 5. But there is a secret entrance to chapter 6 at Death Pass that you take to Chapter 6. The achievement, itself, is not difficult - but, if you don't know about the secret entrance, it can be tricky.
    Thanks for the info, will play some more on my days off
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.