The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: January 12th, 2021

• WebChimp UKWebChimp UK635,253
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:04
    Discounts on The Wolf Among Us, Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show, MONOPOLY Plus, RISK, TRIVIAL PURSUIT LIVE!, LA Cops, Scrabble and more

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Sale Roundup: January 12th, 2021
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,568
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:06
    Wait isn’t the Chaosbane Magnus edition the most expansive one? It’s ridiculously cheaper than the Slayer edition (though they did something similar with Inquisitor last year, but they’re different developers I think).
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,504,010
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:06
    More point and click stuff for me. Other than that...doodoo
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st553,018
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:19
    Damn would have loved to buy the Marvellous Journeys Bundle except I bought the Eventide trilogy bundle last month, hence £7.49 for just two games would require a think or two on my part.
  • Kampa16Kampa16509,142
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:20
    TymanTheLong said:
    Wait isn’t the Chaosbane Magnus edition the most expansive one? It’s ridiculously cheaper than the Slayer edition (though they did something similar with Inquisitor last year, but they’re different developers I think).
    Nope, Slayer is 10 bucks more expensive.
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:23
    Matodion 1st said:
    Damn would have loved to buy the Marvellous Journeys Bundle except I bought the Eventide trilogy bundle last month, hence £7.49 for just two games would require a think or two on my part.
    You must've missed when Persian nights was on sale. I own 2 out of 3 so it's a hard pass.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:28
    Such utter shite again. When will Valfaris be on sale??
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:34
    Matodion 1st said:
    same here lol, its almost not worth it
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:37
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    You must've missed when Persian nights was on sale. I own 2 out of 3 so it's a hard pass.
    Persian Nights hasnt been on sale since April last year,, AND it was the same price for one game than this whole bundle is on sale for lol
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:39
    Lake Ridden for me this week :) been waiting
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221941,415
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:48
    Weak week this week
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:51, Edited on 12 January 21 at 00:55 by xxMacLellanxx
    The wolf among us was a great little game for anyone who has not played it!

I’m also still waiting for zombie army trilogy to go on sale /: I’ve been hoping for a sale every week for about a year now so my buddy can get it and we can play it coop, but no go... I wonder why it hasn’t been on sale in so long, especially with Zombie army 4 being out.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG169,932
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:53, Edited on 12 January 21 at 00:54 by PirateRyanG
    I want Wolf Among Us, but also I don't.

It is a game that will never go on GWG as the 360 version was there already. However, I also feel it is going to hit a greater discount when Wolf Among Us 2 comes out. Every time it has been on sale I am so tempted.

I mean, I have completed it 3 times on various platforms so I am not desperate for it. I always have the idea that "this is the last time this could go on sale" floating around in my mind, though.

Ah well. Will leave it for now. The Christmas sale emptied my wallet after I picked up a shed ton of DLC.

Shame Wolf Among Us isn't going on Game Pass either. :( Seems like a good candidate.
  • Quillz717Quillz717481,892
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 00:58
    TheRyanGillam said:

It is a game that will never go on GWG as the 360 version was there already. However, I also feel it is going to hit a greater discount when Wolf Among Us 2 comes out. Every time it has been on sale I am so tempted.

I mean, I have completed it 3 times on various platforms so I am not desperate for it. I always have the idea that "this is the last time this could go on sale" floating around in my mind, though.

Ah well. Will leave it for now. The Christmas sale emptied my wallet after I picked up a shed ton of DLC.

Shame Wolf Among Us isn't going on Game Pass either. :( Seems like a good candidate.
    Pretty sure The Wolf Among Us, was games with gold before. Since I already have it installed and claimed, but never bought it
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 01:06
    Quillz717 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:

Pretty sure The Wolf Among Us, was games with gold before. Since I already have it installed and claimed, but never bought it
    Yep XB1 version was GWG not 360 version.
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 01:07
    TheRyanGillam said:

The Wolf Among Us was extremely well done, it’s great even if you’ve never read Fables. I don’t regret buying either edition. I’d recommend just going for it.
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord1,622,272
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 01:13
    Verlet Swing looks like a nice pick. I didn't notice it went on sale last month but now is my chance.
    Too much salt everywhere...
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 01:17, Edited on 12 January 21 at 01:21 by TymanTheLong
    Kampa16 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Wow, okay it’s even more complicated than that: there’s two Slayer Editions, one that includes XBox One Chaosbane and one that contains the Series X version. What is more is that I can’t actually tell but the Slayer edition seems to contain LESS content, but you are correct that it’s more expensive.

All in all I can’t see any upside in purchasing such a mediocre game at this point if I’m not getting access to the Series X upgrade.

EDIT: The Magnus Edition seems like maybe it doesn’t have the Witchhunter class included (which is only $10 so buying it plus Magnus for $15 is still cheaper than Slayer).
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 01:34
    TymanTheLong said:
    Kampa16 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Wow, okay it’s even more complicated than that: there’s two Slayer Editions, one that includes XBox One Chaosbane and one that contains the Series X version. What is more is that I can’t actually tell but the Slayer edition seems to contain LESS content, but you are correct that it’s more expensive.

All in all I can’t see any upside in purchasing such a mediocre game at this point if I’m not getting access to the Series X upgrade.

EDIT: The Magnus Edition seems like maybe it doesn’t have the Witchhunter class included (which is only $10 so buying it plus Magnus for $15 is still cheaper than Slayer).
    I’ve debated getting this but is it a decent game or really mediocre ? might just sit it out until it’s completely dirt cheap laugh
  • Scorpionxx0Scorpionxx0385,218
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 01:49
    No raiden, sor or dd so another week of saving my money.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.