The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: January 12th, 2021

• Posted on 12 January 21 at 01:56
    Been interested in Lake Ridden for a good minute. So gonna snatch that up smile
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,568
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 02:04
    ArmedGamerbeast said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Kampa16 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Wait isn’t the Chaosbane Magnus edition the most expansive one? It’s ridiculously cheaper than the Slayer edition (though they did something similar with Inquisitor last year, but they’re different developers I think).
    Nope, Slayer is 10 bucks more expensive.
    Wow, okay it’s even more complicated than that: there’s two Slayer Editions, one that includes XBox One Chaosbane and one that contains the Series X version. What is more is that I can’t actually tell but the Slayer edition seems to contain LESS content, but you are correct that it’s more expensive.

All in all I can’t see any upside in purchasing such a mediocre game at this point if I’m not getting access to the Series X upgrade.

EDIT: The Magnus Edition seems like maybe it doesn’t have the Witchhunter class included (which is only $10 so buying it plus Magnus for $15 is still cheaper than Slayer).
    I’ve debated getting this but is it a decent game or really mediocre ? might just sit it out until it’s completely dirt cheap laugh
    I’ve played it during multiple free weekends, still thoroughly mediocre. Good for mindlessly clicking while you enjoy some beer but I can’t recommend spending more than $10-15 on it. It’s just not very good.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,415
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 02:09
    Yikes
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 02:28
    Is anyone else having problems with the XBox 360 marketplace website? None of the prices are in line with the associated dlcs. Every text representing the price of an item just stacks on top of each other. The formatting is flawed now. Is the 360 website about to go away?
  • snake42069snake420691,156,849
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 02:33
    why doesnt professional farmer 2015 ever go on sale?
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,367,442
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 02:42
    Some good ones def picking up Rico bundle , Genetic disaster and lake ridden.
  • RiIeyRiIey637,727
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 02:51
    Doug hates his job maybe battleship
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13551,157
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 06:32
    Would love a sale on all the ACA NEO GEO games
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st553,018
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 06:58
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Damn would have loved to buy the Marvellous Journeys Bundle except I bought the Eventide trilogy bundle last month, hence £7.49 for just two games would require a think or two on my part.
    You must've missed when Persian nights was on sale. I own 2 out of 3 so it's a hard pass.
    Persian Nights hasnt been on sale since April last year,, AND it was the same price for one game than this whole bundle is on sale for lol
    Saw the April sale price. £6.24 is still expensive for an Artifex Mundi game.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st553,018
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 07:02
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Damn would have loved to buy the Marvellous Journeys Bundle except I bought the Eventide trilogy bundle last month, hence £7.49 for just two games would require a think or two on my part.
    You must've missed when Persian nights was on sale. I own 2 out of 3 so it's a hard pass.
    Persian Nights hasnt been on sale since April last year,, AND it was the same price for one game than this whole bundle is on sale for lol
    I will look at the reviews of the other two games to see if they are worth it.
  • I Boz lI Boz l961,136
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 07:40
    🕺🏼
  • KawiNinjaRider7KawiNinjaRider71,121,791
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 08:50, Edited on 12 January 21 at 08:52 by KawiNinjaRider7
    snake42069 said:
    why doesnt professional farmer 2015 ever go on sale?
    You mean Farming Simulator 15? There are two newer installments of the series (17 & 19) so I highly doubt we'll see 15 go on sale again any time soon if ever when the current versions and their add-ons is still making them money. 15 hasn't been on sale in over 2 years now, and with that trend I think 17 is coming up on its end of life too considering it also just left game pass.

Though it can easily be found physically on Ebay for under $10 if you'd like to purchase it on disc.
  • LovingMoviesLovingMovies485,657
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 09:08
    Still no COD sale :(
    Hoping every week for BO3 and 4 going on sale and WW2 *cry*
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ362,546
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 09:11
    Quillz717 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    I want Wolf Among Us, but also I don't.

It is a game that will never go on GWG as the 360 version was there already. However, I also feel it is going to hit a greater discount when Wolf Among Us 2 comes out. Every time it has been on sale I am so tempted.

I mean, I have completed it 3 times on various platforms so I am not desperate for it. I always have the idea that "this is the last time this could go on sale" floating around in my mind, though.

Ah well. Will leave it for now. The Christmas sale emptied my wallet after I picked up a shed ton of DLC.

Shame Wolf Among Us isn't going on Game Pass either. :( Seems like a good candidate.
    Pretty sure The Wolf Among Us, was games with gold before. Since I already have it installed and claimed, but never bought it
    I've played and completed it so it must have been GwG as I didn't buy it. In hindsight I wouldn't mind buying it as it was brilliant.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,978
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 09:18
    Never seen a bigger list of games I didn't want
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG169,932
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 09:40
    notoriousJMZ said:
    Quillz717 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    I want Wolf Among Us, but also I don't.

It is a game that will never go on GWG as the 360 version was there already. However, I also feel it is going to hit a greater discount when Wolf Among Us 2 comes out. Every time it has been on sale I am so tempted.

I mean, I have completed it 3 times on various platforms so I am not desperate for it. I always have the idea that "this is the last time this could go on sale" floating around in my mind, though.

Ah well. Will leave it for now. The Christmas sale emptied my wallet after I picked up a shed ton of DLC.

Shame Wolf Among Us isn't going on Game Pass either. :( Seems like a good candidate.
    Pretty sure The Wolf Among Us, was games with gold before. Since I already have it installed and claimed, but never bought it
    I've played and completed it so it must have been GwG as I didn't buy it. In hindsight I wouldn't mind buying it as it was brilliant.
    Oh. Seems I made a mistake then. I always thought the 360 version was the GWG.

Gonna take the plunge and buy it then. I mean, I loved it the first time I played it, so may as well try again.
  • ClassyWingsClassyWings1,305,607
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 09:57
    TymanTheLong said:
    ArmedGamerbeast said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Kampa16 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Wait isn’t the Chaosbane Magnus edition the most expansive one? It’s ridiculously cheaper than the Slayer edition (though they did something similar with Inquisitor last year, but they’re different developers I think).
    Nope, Slayer is 10 bucks more expensive.
    Wow, okay it’s even more complicated than that: there’s two Slayer Editions, one that includes XBox One Chaosbane and one that contains the Series X version. What is more is that I can’t actually tell but the Slayer edition seems to contain LESS content, but you are correct that it’s more expensive.

All in all I can’t see any upside in purchasing such a mediocre game at this point if I’m not getting access to the Series X upgrade.

EDIT: The Magnus Edition seems like maybe it doesn’t have the Witchhunter class included (which is only $10 so buying it plus Magnus for $15 is still cheaper than Slayer).
    I’ve debated getting this but is it a decent game or really mediocre ? might just sit it out until it’s completely dirt cheap laugh
    I’ve played it during multiple free weekends, still thoroughly mediocre. Good for mindlessly clicking while you enjoy some beer but I can’t recommend spending more than $10-15 on it. It’s just not very good.
    Yeah, this. I'm waiting until the slayer edition for Series X is under 20 euros though. It was mediocre, but I think I will have fun completing it again on the Series X achievement list. If it doesn't ever go that low, i'll let the game go thoughcompute.
  • WizzArtWizzArt382,352
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 10:14
    Chess Ultra for me!
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0302,410
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 10:17
    TheRyanGillam said:
    Oh. Seems I made a mistake then. I always thought the 360 version was the GWG.

Gonna take the plunge and buy it then. I mean, I loved it the first time I played it, so may as well try again.
    It was a great game, but having played it on 360 and then XB1 not long after, it really emphasized that the 360 version ran like absolute garbage. The telltale engine was always janky, but at least they did some optimization for the XB1 release.
    We meet again, Trebek.
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 11:45
    Is BQM any good seems intresting as a game
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.