Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: January 12th, 2021

• Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever2,061,550
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 11:49
    Picked up zombie vikings. Looks fun!
    Crackdown 3!
  • pezboybenpezboyben790,459
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 12:05
    A lot of easy 1,000's in here, decided on Pity Pit, took me all of 16 minutes. Only going to allow myself one quick and crappy game from this bunch.
    They are the last kind I tried lol.
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte360,332
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 12:06
    Nope, none. just like last week
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me...
  • Arma9edd0nArma9edd0n288,549
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 13:04
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Damn would have loved to buy the Marvellous Journeys Bundle except I bought the Eventide trilogy bundle last month, hence £7.49 for just two games would require a think or two on my part.
    You must've missed when Persian nights was on sale. I own 2 out of 3 so it's a hard pass.
    Persian Nights hasnt been on sale since April last year,, AND it was the same price for one game than this whole bundle is on sale for lol
    The other two games are also part of other bundles. One could hold out until one of those other bundles go on sale.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st553,018
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 14:12
    Arma9edd0n said:
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Damn would have loved to buy the Marvellous Journeys Bundle except I bought the Eventide trilogy bundle last month, hence £7.49 for just two games would require a think or two on my part.
    You must've missed when Persian nights was on sale. I own 2 out of 3 so it's a hard pass.
    Persian Nights hasnt been on sale since April last year,, AND it was the same price for one game than this whole bundle is on sale for lol
    The other two games are also part of other bundles. One could hold out until one of those other bundles go on sale.
    Good point.
  • snake42069snake420691,156,849
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 14:17
    KawiNinjaRider7 said:
    snake42069 said:
    why doesnt professional farmer 2015 ever go on sale?
    You mean Farming Simulator 15? There are two newer installments of the series (17 & 19) so I highly doubt we'll see 15 go on sale again any time soon if ever when the current versions and their add-ons is still making them money. 15 hasn't been on sale in over 2 years now, and with that trend I think 17 is coming up on its end of life too considering it also just left game pass.

Though it can easily be found physically on Ebay for under $10 if you'd like to purchase it on disc.
    yeah my bad i was tired when i posted that. Im living a discless existance. So i can either pay full price or just never get it at all.
  • Posted on 12 January 21 at 14:26
    how is Metamorphosis?
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic501,788
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 15:59
    Nothing here for me, but I wanted to bump Mars: War Logs for that price. Amazing and underrated predecessor to Technomancer.
  • Ariose999Ariose999605,541
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 18:49
    PositiveDefinit said:
    Is anyone else having problems with the XBox 360 marketplace website? None of the prices are in line with the associated dlcs. Every text representing the price of an item just stacks on top of each other. The formatting is flawed now. Is the 360 website about to go away?
    Formatting is okay here, but I haven't been able to buy anything for months on the 360 website. Can press confirm will show an sort of loading animation but it will not continue/actually place the order. Still works on the 360/Xbox One (if its backwards compatible).
  • halohogghalohogg115,318
    Posted on 12 January 21 at 21:54
    Haven't we had enough Hasbro at home lately already?
    kh
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 00:18
    Zombie Vikings looks beautiful, thinking of getting it since its cheap and I barely have any beat em ups. Has anyone played it and if so, how's it?
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 00:23, Edited on 13 January 21 at 00:26 by Matodion 1st
    Cellar Attic said:
    Nothing here for me, but I wanted to bump Mars: War Logs for that price. Amazing and underrated predecessor to Technomancer.
    Underrated game indeed, Played it a few years back, its a scaled down Action RPG with dialogue option like in Mass Effect and doesn't overstay its welcome.
    Never had time to play Techmomancer and still in my gwg backlogs.
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic501,788
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 01:17
    Matodion 1st said:
    Cellar Attic said:
    Underrated game indeed, Played it a few years back, its a scaled down Action RPG with dialogue option like in Mass Effect and doesn't overstay its welcome.
    If you enjoyed MWL set aside some time for Technomancer. It's a beefed up version of the first game with a deeper story and customization, and improved skills / actions. I really dug it.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz692,753
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 01:43
    Cellar Attic said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Cellar Attic said:
    If you enjoyed MWL set aside some time for Technomancer. It's a beefed up version of the first game with a deeper story and customization, and improved skills / actions. I really dug it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't started Technomancer and want to get to it at some point, might as well play the game leading up to it first. I didn't know this was the predecessor. toast
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz809,032
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 07:56
    My wallet says thank you Microsoft. laugh
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 11:29
    Cellar Attic said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Cellar Attic said:
    I will set aside time for my gwg backlogs someday and get to Technomancer, but in the mean time I would like to valid some of my purchased backlog before it starts to fills me with regret that I bought them at a higher price before a better discount showed up on dwg and I end up lamenting over being a massive shopaholic than a gamer.
  • halohogghalohogg115,318
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 12:45
    Matodion 1st said:
    ... but in the mean time I would like to valid some of my purchased backlog before it starts to fills me with regret that I bought them at a higher price before a better discount showed up on dwg and I end up lamenting over being a massive shopaholic than a gamer.
    Now I'm lamenting. redface
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 15:23
    halohogg said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    ... but in the mean time I would like to valid some of my purchased backlog before it starts to fills me with regret that I bought them at a higher price before a better discount showed up on dwg and I end up lamenting over being a massive shopaholic than a gamer.
    We all end up lamenting. fomo and buyer's remorse comes for us all.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,568
    Posted on 14 January 21 at 01:17
    Matodion 1st said:
    halohogg said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    We all end up lamenting. fomo and buyer's remorse comes for us all.
    I was effectively destitute for 1.5 years at one point and I found how much cheaper it was to simply buy things when I was going to play them that very day, sales be damned. I’ve not completely gotten rid of that attitude but I do buy stuff I don’t see coming to Gamepass and end up not playing it at times.

If you really want to save money, ignore the sales and just click “Buy” when you’re ready to play it. Bonus that you’ll usually get the version with all the DLC for a pittance too. Even if it’s a $60 game most of our limiting factors is time, you’ll save money.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 January 21 at 06:44
    This is just another reminder why we can't go all digital, with sales that are crap like this, and so little games on sale (less than 1% of total games on the marketplace and for an entire week) its beyond crazy to only have one place to get video games.
    #philspencerneedstoresign
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.