The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: January 19th, 2021

  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 01:48
    Anyone play the Rock and Racing bundle? Reminds me of the classic arcade games Ivan Stuart off road racing or super sprint with the steering wheels.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong366,777
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 02:14
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    smakzillaa said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    You guys got me looking into this one now lol I’ve never really played this genre, well that I’m aware of. How is this for “noobs?” I really dig the aesthetic and what appears to be dark humor. Appreciate any and all feedback as always! toast
    Considering how unpolished the game is, I can’t recommend it and that’s not even talking about the achievements. The game is fairly linear despite having some resemblance to games like Stardew Valley. So, I strongly advise you to not get it
    Ah, damn. Ok. Appreciate it.
    Spiritfarer and Subnautica are both on Gamepass and much better examples of the “explore the world and slowly craft a better home for yourself” kind of game, both with excellent stories.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,088,832
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 04:40, Edited on 20 January 21 at 04:40 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
    TymanTheLong said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    smakzillaa said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    You guys got me looking into this one now lol I’ve never really played this genre, well that I’m aware of. How is this for “noobs?” I really dig the aesthetic and what appears to be dark humor. Appreciate any and all feedback as always! toast
    Considering how unpolished the game is, I can’t recommend it and that’s not even talking about the achievements. The game is fairly linear despite having some resemblance to games like Stardew Valley. So, I strongly advise you to not get it
    Ah, damn. Ok. Appreciate it.
    Spiritfarer and Subnautica are both on Gamepass and much better examples of the “explore the world and slowly craft a better home for yourself” kind of game, both with excellent stories.
    Completed Subnautica, loved every second of it. Need to check out Spiritfarer thanks for reminding me! toast
    Matthew
  • el tebyel teby951,228
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 11:03
    TymanTheLong said:
    el teby said:
    Would anyone recommend the fall bundle and ride 3?
    The Fall has a very missable, speed based achievement (you only get one shot, though dashboarding may work). It has one other speed based achievement that is a bit obnoxious but has a convenient checkpoint so it’s not as big of a deal.

    If those don’t make you say “Nope” then I’d say it’s a good indie game that I thoroughly enjoyed. It’s a hard core sci-fi story, though you’ll certainly recognize all the themes.

    I have not played The Fall 2 yet, but I would expect a similar second experience.
    Thank you!!
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz622,127
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 15:37, Edited on 20 January 21 at 15:38 by wolfsburgraz
    Man, my whole "don't buy as many games this year because you don't play the ones you own and hardly use your Game Pass subscription either" plan is working out great. roll laugh

    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • MonheganMonhegan193,485
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 17:59
    SHMUP fans: Shikondo: Soul Eater is part of the Pew Pew Bundle Vol. 1 for only $3.49
  • MonheganMonhegan193,485
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 18:03
    MrZombieChicken said:
    ThisIsPrfct said:
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Never got around to Graveyard Keeper when it was on Game Pass, and didn't realize it had a DLC. Might grab the bundle.

    Marching Fire might also be cheap enough that I finally grab it.
    Just a heads up... Graveyard Keeper has more DLC incoming so if you want the "complete experience" I would wait... chances are they rebundle the whole game with all DLC and the standalone DLC is never discounted.
    Really? Does that mean they'll finally fix the glitchy achievements?
    I just played through the standard version of Graveyard Keeper (no DLC) a couple months ago - some achievements are still a little glitchy, but there are work arounds. Also, it is a really great little game for the price. Like a macabre Stardew Valley. Highly recommend!
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC781,291
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 02:19
    Just got a sales notification. Ghost Recon Breakpoint for 8.99$ USD. Now that seems like a deal.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 03:22, Edited on 21 January 21 at 03:23 by xXMalakian XVII
    OldSchoolBlood said:
    Anyone play the Rock and Racing bundle? Reminds me of the classic arcade games Ivan Stuart off road racing or super sprint with the steering wheels.
    You see, I thought the same thing. I thought it would be similar to Super Sprint but no...

    They are awful games, you'd expect them to have arcadey controls. But it's like half realistic/slippery and if you crash like once you basically have to start the entire race over. I bought the Rock N Racing Off Road game and it was really unfun. I imagine the other game is probably very similar. I wouldn't recommend.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:16
    xXMalakian XVII said:
    OldSchoolBlood said:
    Anyone play the Rock and Racing bundle? Reminds me of the classic arcade games Ivan Stuart off road racing or super sprint with the steering wheels.
    You see, I thought the same thing. I thought it would be similar to Super Sprint but no...

    They are awful games, you'd expect them to have arcadey controls. But it's like half realistic/slippery and if you crash like once you basically have to start the entire race over. I bought the Rock N Racing Off Road game and it was really unfun. I imagine the other game is probably very similar. I wouldn't recommend.
    Thanks for the response. I will take your word for it and pass.
  • wildwest08wildwest081,212,915
    Posted on 24 January 21 at 22:42
    Love the Artifex Mundi games and always wait for a sale on them. I like the 3 dollar price for one or 9 for 3.
  • sdutton007sdutton007333,976
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 04:42, Edited on 26 January 21 at 04:43 by sdutton007
    torrens7760 said:
    Baldur's Gate bundle and Planescape bundle are good games - but if you live in the UK, you can get them for £10 and £8 respectively on disc at CeX, meaning you can also sell them back. Also, if you're an achievement hunter... you'll be playing them for a loooooooong time.
    Probably a bit late here but thegamecollection has Icewind&Planescape and Neverwinter Nights BRAND NEW for £7.95 each... you can probably guess what I spent covid-isolated Xmas doing lol

    Baldurs Gate has been under a tenner new a couple of times - definitely the best of the collection but I can hold out while I've got a few hundred hours of Icewind, Planescape and NWN to play!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.