The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: January 19th, 2021

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead678,164
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 09:41, Edited on 19 January 21 at 09:57 by HolyHalfDead
    GT3OptionFan said:
    xDnl94 said:
    PositiveDefinit said:
    Sonic All Stars Racing is cheaper through Xbox One 9.99. I think buying through the microsoft site can still allow downloads to 360 if it shows up at the marketplace.
    No they don't (atleast GwG games don't). I always redeem free GwG games from my 360 because otherwise they don't appear as purchased
    This is not true in my experience. I’ve downloaded several games as GWG such as the ones that were only available via the international Backwards compatible marketplaces. Not saying that’s not true for your situation. But just my experience, I’m able to go download those games on my 360 as well as my one. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Results vary.

Purchase and download on Xbox 360 -> always available on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One
    Purchase and download on Xbox One -> always available on Xbox One, sometimes available on Xbox 360
    Personally I cannot download de Blob 2 on Xbox 360 because I purchased it on Xbox One. I always purchase on Xbox 360 now unless it is cheaper on Xbox One.

However both Frontlines and MX Unleashed can only be purchased for free on Xbox One at the moment.

https://www.microsoft.com/p/x/c3bgk0r0kp38
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • xDnl94xDnl94301,803
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 10:15
    GT3OptionFan said:
    xDnl94 said:
    PositiveDefinit said:
    Sonic All Stars Racing is cheaper through Xbox One 9.99. I think buying through the microsoft site can still allow downloads to 360 if it shows up at the marketplace.
    No they don't (atleast GwG games don't). I always redeem free GwG games from my 360 because otherwise they don't appear as purchased
    This is not true in my experience. I’ve downloaded several games as GWG such as the ones that were only available via the international Backwards compatible marketplaces. Not saying that’s not true for your situation. But just my experience, I’m able to go download those games on my 360 as well as my one. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    I redeemed GwG twice on my X1 and couldn't find them on my 360 (and they were not marked as purchased on X1), so I started using my 360 to redeem them, maybe it's different on different regions or games?
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,481,682
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 10:37
    Good if you want Res Evil
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 21 at 11:52
    Atlus sale rock
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
  • DEATH14796DEATH147961,941,622
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 12:53
    wish they made the 360 resi games backwards compatible, my 360 is dead and would love to run through zero again (and stack with my xb1 version) hope they start to add backwards compatible titles again soon
  • SILVAF0XXSILVAF0XX1,063,673
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 15:16
    xDnl94 said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    xDnl94 said:
    PositiveDefinit said:
    I redeemed GwG twice on my X1 and couldn't find them on my 360 (and they were not marked as purchased on X1), so I started using my 360 to redeem them, maybe it's different on different regions or games?
    I have to agree with this - results in recent times has varied. I only ever redeem my 360 games via 360 or the old Xbox.com store.

I think they are gradually moving to the model (like Xbox One) where you need to retain gold for access. 360 games were always free to gold members but keep forever regardless of live status.
    Richard
  • Vok 250Vok 250348,382
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 15:30
    SILVAF0XX said:
    xDnl94 said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    xDnl94 said:
    PositiveDefinit said:
    I have to agree with this - results in recent times has varied. I only ever redeem my 360 games via 360 or the old Xbox.com store.

I think they are gradually moving to the model (like Xbox One) where you need to retain gold for access. 360 games were always free to gold members but keep forever regardless of live status.
    Not sure if it is intentional or not though. It seems like the 360 services are going end of life because and are no longer integrated with the new store. Buying from the new store will not get you a lifetime ownership license and will prevent you from redeeming on the 360 store.
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan248,378
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 15:37
    Didn't realize that Sonic Racing hadn't been on sale since 2018. Do note that it is 9.99 through the BC marketplace, but 14.99 through the 360 marketplace.
  • SILVAF0XXSILVAF0XX1,063,673
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 15:51
    Vok 250 said:
    SILVAF0XX said:
    xDnl94 said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    xDnl94 said:
    PositiveDefinit said:

Not sure if it is intentional or not though. It seems like the 360 services are going end of life because and are no longer integrated with the new store. Buying from the new store will not get you a lifetime ownership license and will prevent you from redeeming on the 360 store.
    You may well be right... I do think 360 is gradually being switched off. It’s a shame and I’m trying to finish all the games I’ve part completed on that system!
    Richard
  • Posted on 19 January 21 at 16:51
    The only thing, that interests me on this list is Resident Evil: CODE Veronica X. I haven't played that game since, it first released on the SEGA Dreamcast like two decades ago. With that said, I think I'm going to buy GUN this week for my 360, I really love that game and it was one of the first games I ever beat for the Xbox 360 back in the day.
  • atryeu1atryeu1382,182
  • magmashark20magmashark20526,379
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 22:44
    When will the 360 version of Resident evil Remake go on sale? It’s so sad that it keeps getting forgotten from the series‘ sales.
    -Jeff
  • Posted on 19 January 21 at 23:53
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Didn't realize that Sonic Racing hadn't been on sale since 2018. Do note that it is 9.99 through the BC marketplace, but 14.99 through the 360 marketplace.
    I highly recommend for anyone who has yet to play it and likes arcade/kart racing games. This is also a pretty fun love letter to SEGA fans. I still want to add the first one to my collection, wondering if that will ever go on sale considering, like GT said, this one hasn't been on sale since 2018.
    https://www.youtube.com/BeBetterGamer
  • vanusluxvanuslux200,066
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 03:18
    Nice sale but don't need anything.
    There is no impossible achievement if you put all your skills on it !!!
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR319,352
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 08:38
    GT3OptionFan said:
    EDIT: Note that there are actually 4 pieces of DLC on sale this week per major Nelson’s site.

- Resident Evil 5 Untold Stories Bundle
    - Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Echo Six Expansion Pack 2
    - Resident Evil Revelations 2 Season Pass
    - Resident Evil Revelations 2 Costume Pack
    For some reason, these are on sale only in the US and UK.
  • xxxIsaiahxxxxxxIsaiahxxx960,913
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 14:02
    RE Revelations 2 is showing as free for me and the season pass $3. So essentially dirt cheap for the full experience and completion compared to other 360 games with dlc nowadays :)
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 14:40
    xxxIsaiahxxx said:
    RE Revelations 2 is showing as free for me and the season pass $3. So essentially dirt cheap for the full experience and completion compared to other 360 games with dlc nowadays :)
    It’s an episodic game — first episode is always free. Season pass is the other episodes.
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 14:42, Edited on 20 January 21 at 14:42 by GT3OptionFan
    Am I crazy for considering getting the RE ORC expansion pass 1 dlc for full price? It seems it may not go on sale again - last time on sale was Mar 2016, almost 5 years ago. Got the 2nd pass, but thinking I may want the 1st to get the complete story/achievements
  • EMBICKEMBICK338,740 338,740 GamerScore
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 21:24
    mostly recycled junk crist the rez games are on sale all the time so are many other games there this soince will be a good pick up havent seen that on sale in a while
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.