The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 50 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

  • CanezzaCanezza119,449
  • BrasshandeBrasshande999,105
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 11:22, Edited on 20 January 21 at 11:51 by Brasshande
    Mushroom Quest and Aborigenus aren't affected by the Xitilon achievement changes, they're both as easy as ever, but the base 1000GS in both Castle Of No Escape games are now nowhere near as easy as they were before the update. Probably Pixel Gladiator will be considerably harder too, but i'm less sure about that one
    D'yuz gan at death speed?
  • MbhyatMbhyat205,995
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 11:26
    Where are the Ratalaika games on sale?
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 11:54
    Picked up the Mecho games, $2.69 CAD for both Mecho Tales and Mecho Wars. That’s good for the week
  • CanezzaCanezza119,449
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 11:55
    Mbhyat said:
    Where are the Ratalaika games on sale?
    There are just two Ratalaikas on sale, Devious Dungeons and Devious Dungeons 2.
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Ar0nP1aYz05Ar0nP1aYz05324,387
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 12:27
    I don't play many easy games anymore because achievements should be about hard working and skill and not inflated gamerscore.
    Aron Franks
  • pezboybenpezboyben730,999
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 12:39
    I'm trying to play less crappy games just for the gamerscore but these sales make it tough. I might pick up something Artifex Mundi as I actually quite enjoy them for a break in my normal gaming routine. Now I just have to decide if I want to get Ghost Files or The Secret Order for $3.74 each or the Queen's Quest Bundle for $8.99, so $3 a piece. Might have to go with the bundle as I usually own one or more in their bundles when they go on sale and this time I don't have an excuse.
    They are the last kind I tried lol.
  • MarekidzeMarekidze208,963
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 12:50
    Nah! Will try buy only my games backlog DLCS On sales this year! laugh
    Have enough of these in GPU, with Donunts and litle Acre!
    Goat, Goat, So far got Control ones, but need goats c'moan!! Waiting.....
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 12:52, Edited on 20 January 21 at 12:53 by KingFlippynipz0
    A few notes I would like to give on these sales...
    1) DO NOT pay $4.99 for Where the Bees Make Honey...this game regularly goes on sale for $2 or less, and it isn't even worth that. A truly, truly awful game that isn't even worth getting to experience...I feel personally obligated to post this any time this abomination is mentioned.
    2) I purchased Mushroom Quest a year ago and have yet to be able to successfully run it - it just gets stuck at the initial loading screen. This is also the case for me with Aborigenus and Castle of no Escape. Just a fair warning, as well as a call out to anyone that has experienced these issues and knows of a way to fix them.
    3) Factotum 90 and Jump, Jump Step are by far the easiest games here....Factotum will take a little over an hour and is actually a fun little robot puzzle game, and JJS is literally a 15 minute completion. For the price that these are both at, and their respective difficulty levels, I'm surprised they weren't highlighted.
    4) Inside was a free GwG a couple years back and probably the best made game here IMO...not sure if it's worth $10, but it's definitely a fun, creepy little game with a good WTF ending.
    This is what my life has come too.
  • torrens7760torrens7760128,183
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 12:57
    The achievements for Castle of No Escape have been updated - it used to be start the game with each of the characters, but now it's complete the game with them.
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman772,856,891
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 13:01
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    2) I purchased Mushroom Quest a year ago and have yet to be able to successfully run it - it just gets stuck at the initial loading screen. This is also the case for me with Aborigenus and Castle of no Escape. Just a fair warning, as well as a call out to anyone that has experienced these issues and knows of a way to fix them.
    You just need to keep rebooting the games a few times till you finally able to progress past the annoying "permission" prompt that won't load up at times, happened with me often
  • NativeB1oodNativeB1ood505,232
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 13:32
    torrens7760 said:
    The achievements for Castle of No Escape have been updated - it used to be start the game with each of the characters, but now it's complete the game with them.
    Ew really? What even constitutes completing the game since it's essentially impossible to beat nikolai? Multiple times I cleared every room and killed every monster but him.
  • WobbloWobblo851,664
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 14:28
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    1) DO NOT pay $4.99 for Where the Bees Make Honey...this game regularly goes on sale for $2 or less, and it isn't even worth that. A truly, truly awful game that isn't even worth getting to experience...I feel personally obligated to post this any time this abomination is mentioned.
    I've played my fair share of shameful trash over the years and I completely agree, nothing comes close to this. I urge anyone reading this to have faith in us and avoid it.
  • Osmo76Osmo761,010,201
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 14:31, Edited on 20 January 21 at 14:34 by Osmo76
    NativeB1ood said:
    torrens7760 said:
    The achievements for Castle of No Escape have been updated - it used to be start the game with each of the characters, but now it's complete the game with them.
    Ew really? What even constitutes completing the game since it's essentially impossible to beat nikolai? Multiple times I cleared every room and killed every monster but him.
    I've played the game for like 30 mins and beat Nikolai once. I cleared the whole castle before that so i had probably the best weapon and armor. And just to be sure I once left the battle and bought some potions to fill my power.

    Edit: It's probably up to RNG to get the proper equipment. That weapon I had was a beast.
  • NativeB1oodNativeB1ood505,232
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 14:50
    Osmo76 said:
    NativeB1ood said:
    torrens7760 said:
    The achievements for Castle of No Escape have been updated - it used to be start the game with each of the characters, but now it's complete the game with them.
    Ew really? What even constitutes completing the game since it's essentially impossible to beat nikolai? Multiple times I cleared every room and killed every monster but him.
    I've played the game for like 30 mins and beat Nikolai once. I cleared the whole castle before that so i had probably the best weapon and armor. And just to be sure I once left the battle and bought some potions to fill my power.

    Edit: It's probably up to RNG to get the proper equipment. That weapon I had was a beast.
    Interesting. Idk what I was doing wrong then, by the time I cleared everything I was always in the 20's range on all 3 stats and had no gold to beef anything up. Not a huge deal since I completed it while it was easy just was curious if it was actually possible to beat him.
  • MarekidzeMarekidze208,963
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 15:01
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    A few notes I would like to give on these sales...
    1) DO NOT pay $4.99 for Where the Bees Make Honey...this game regularly goes on sale for $2 or less, and it isn't even worth that. A truly, truly awful game that isn't even worth getting to experience...I feel personally obligated to post this any time this abomination is mentioned.
    2) I purchased Mushroom Quest a year ago and have yet to be able to successfully run it - it just gets stuck at the initial loading screen. This is also the case for me with Aborigenus and Castle of no Escape. Just a fair warning, as well as a call out to anyone that has experienced these issues and knows of a way to fix them.
    3) Factotum 90 and Jump, Jump Step are by far the easiest games here....Factotum will take a little over an hour and is actually a fun little robot puzzle game, and JJS is literally a 15 minute completion. For the price that these are both at, and their respective difficulty levels, I'm surprised they weren't highlighted.
    4) Inside was a free GwG a couple years back and probably the best made game here IMO...not sure if it's worth $10, but it's definitely a fun, creepy little game with a good WTF ending.
    Yes! Bought "Were Bees Make Honey" Think on sale last year over Microsoft accountUnder 1$! (Just
  • MarekidzeMarekidze208,963
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 15:04
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    A few notes I would like to give on these sales...
    1) DO NOT pay $4.99 for Where the Bees Make Honey...this game regularly goes on sale for $2 or less, and it isn't even worth that. A truly, truly awful game that isn't even worth getting to experience...I feel personally obligated to post this any time this abomination is mentioned.
    2) I purchased Mushroom Quest a year ago and have yet to be able to successfully run it - it just gets stuck at the initial loading screen. This is also the case for me with Aborigenus and Castle of no Escape. Just a fair warning, as well as a call out to anyone that has experienced these issues and knows of a way to fix them.
    3) Factotum 90 and Jump, Jump Step are by far the easiest games here....Factotum will take a little over an hour and is actually a fun little robot puzzle game, and JJS is literally a 15 minute completion. For the price that these are both at, and their respective difficulty levels, I'm surprised they weren't highlighted.
    4) Inside was a free GwG a couple years back and probably the best made game here IMO...not sure if it's worth $10, but it's definitely a fun, creepy little game with a good WTF ending.
    Because 1200GS Guess will be hard to complete it! laugh
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 15:07
    The remake of the N64 Star Wars Pod-Racer is on sale as well and it's also a pretty quick completion appearently.
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 16:05
    The most expensive list I have ever seen since being on TA. 50 games? More like 50 games for millionaires. $5-7 is my limit for garbage games. More than 2 hours? No effing away unless it's a badass game like Tacoma or something like that.
    Cool story bro.
  • ReapOfKarmaReapOfKarma206,123
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 16:10
    Brasshande said:
    Mushroom Quest and Aborigenus aren't affected by the Xitilon achievement changes, they're both as easy as ever, but the base 1000GS in both Castle Of No Escape games are now nowhere near as easy as they were before the update. Probably Pixel Gladiator will be considerably harder too, but i'm less sure about that one
    Pixel Gladiator is a lot harder now
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.