The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 50 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 16:29
    I find the Artifex Mundi games very enjoyable. That can not be said for many of these quick completion games.
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285529,805
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 16:57
    Mentioned this on a previous sale article but it’s especially relevant this week - an extra column in the table for the game’s rating I think would be a good addition. I’ll still grab an easy completion in a sale now and then just to stock up some ammo for site events, but I’m past the point in my gaming where that’s the only factor. I want to enjoy the 2-3 hours, not torture myself just to grind out some gs, especially with how meaningless gs has become.
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 17:21
    thanatos8285 said:
    Mentioned this on a previous sale article but it’s especially relevant this week - an extra column in the table for the game’s rating I think would be a good addition. I’ll still grab an easy completion in a sale now and then just to stock up some ammo for site events, but I’m past the point in my gaming where that’s the only factor. I want to enjoy the 2-3 hours, not torture myself just to grind out some gs, especially with how meaningless gs has become.
    Seconded.
  • CanezzaCanezza119,449
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 17:36
    thanatos8285 said:
    Mentioned this on a previous sale article but it’s especially relevant this week - an extra column in the table for the game’s rating I think would be a good addition. I’ll still grab an easy completion in a sale now and then just to stock up some ammo for site events, but I’m past the point in my gaming where that’s the only factor. I want to enjoy the 2-3 hours, not torture myself just to grind out some gs, especially with how meaningless gs has become.
    I'll put it to the devs toast
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76579,366
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 17:42
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    The most expensive list I have ever seen since being on TA. 50 games? More like 50 games for millionaires. $5-7 is my limit for garbage games. More than 2 hours? No effing away unless it's a badass game like Tacoma or something like that.
    It's "The 50 quickest game completions." If people want to waste their money on this stuff, let them. Some folks have literally nothing better to do with their money. Sucks for us poor slobs, I guess. But that's how it goes.

    For what its worth, my limit for garbage games is about half of yours. And even then it needs to look like at least a little bit of fun.
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR301,069
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 18:07
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    The most expensive list I have ever seen since being on TA. 50 games? More like 50 games for millionaires. $5-7 is my limit for garbage games. More than 2 hours? No effing away unless it's a badass game like Tacoma or something like that.
    Seriously, I entered the thread to recommend Machinarium. Played it on pc many years ago and it was amazing. But then I saw that it's 15 euros, or 18 euros if you get the bundle that's on sale. I mean, it's a 2009 game that you can finish in 2 sittings...
    I'd put it in the 3-5 euros category.
  • thebritt2001thebritt2001425,955
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 18:09
    KingFlippynipz0 said:
    A few notes I would like to give on these sales...
    1) DO NOT pay $4.99 for Where the Bees Make Honey...this game regularly goes on sale for $2 or less, and it isn't even worth that. A truly, truly awful game that isn't even worth getting to experience...I feel personally obligated to post this any time this abomination is mentioned.
    2) I purchased Mushroom Quest a year ago and have yet to be able to successfully run it - it just gets stuck at the initial loading screen. This is also the case for me with Aborigenus and Castle of no Escape. Just a fair warning, as well as a call out to anyone that has experienced these issues and knows of a way to fix them.
    3) Factotum 90 and Jump, Jump Step are by far the easiest games here....Factotum will take a little over an hour and is actually a fun little robot puzzle game, and JJS is literally a 15 minute completion. For the price that these are both at, and their respective difficulty levels, I'm surprised they weren't highlighted.
    4) Inside was a free GwG a couple years back and probably the best made game here IMO...not sure if it's worth $10, but it's definitely a fun, creepy little game with a good WTF ending.
    Hey there, it happened to me when I bought Mushroom Quest ages ago.

    These games have a 'permissions' box when they boot up (so they can harvest your data!!). This often breaks and you'll never be able to accept it. To fix it, clear your cache (such a thing had happened to other games in the past, so I tried it and it worked). Unplug the cable from your Xbox (especially the Series X, the tiny charge in that cable, even with the power off and the plug out, stores cache!!) for around a minute or two. When you put it back in the Xbox will have cleared its cache. When I then booted up Mushroom Quest, the first time the game crashed. Second time, worked and the permissions overlay appeared.

    I'm sure this should work for you, as it worked for me. Good luck!!

    Remember to go onto your xbox account on Windows later and remove Mushroom Quest from your permissions (and probably any other insidious companies who are after your data).
  • SuperS0nicSamSuperS0nicSam1,573,983
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 18:38
    Fanta Morgana said:
    The remake of the N64 Star Wars Pod-Racer is on sale as well and it's also a pretty quick completion appearently.
    It isn't a remake, just a cheap, lazy port.
  • Lynxs 47Lynxs 47238,290
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 19:05
    Cool
    Selling warframe Platinum, I'm going to give up my favorite game for a while and I have too much platinum. I love Warframe and Destiny. Warframe <3
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,157,819
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 23:21
    CrusaderFine said:
    Brasshande said:
    Mushroom Quest and Aborigenus aren't affected by the Xitilon achievement changes, they're both as easy as ever, but the base 1000GS in both Castle Of No Escape games are now nowhere near as easy as they were before the update. Probably Pixel Gladiator will be considerably harder too, but i'm less sure about that one
    Pixel Gladiator is a lot harder now
    Pixel gladiator took me like 3-4 hours its kinda fun.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 01:30
    A heads up "Where the Bees Make Honey" is so bad it isn't worth 1000g even if the game was 50 cents. It's so bad the only way I could recommend that you get that game is MS paid YOU 5$ to finish it. I started it and deleted it halfway through it was so bad. Lucky me, my Warboats boat has 4 Where The Bees Make Honey achievements on it.

    "Oh! How bad can it be. I play lots of boosting games"
    Okay... Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Cool story bro.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 01:31
    AxeL R GR said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    The most expensive list I have ever seen since being on TA. 50 games? More like 50 games for millionaires. $5-7 is my limit for garbage games. More than 2 hours? No effing away unless it's a badass game like Tacoma or something like that.
    Seriously, I entered the thread to recommend Machinarium. Played it on pc many years ago and it was amazing. But then I saw that it's 15 euros, or 18 euros if you get the bundle that's on sale. I mean, it's a 2009 game that you can finish in 2 sittings...
    I'd put it in the 3-5 euros category.
    Yeah, pretty sure that game was 3, maybe 5 USD in iPhone when it came it. Then I think I got it again on Vita for 5$. Now idea why it's so expensive on Xbox. Great game though. It was the last Point and Click game I legit enjoy and played through as intended.
    Cool story bro.
  • FejerFejer900,909
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 07:17
    Castle of no Escape 1 & 2 and probably Pixel Gladiator should not be listed as "0-1 hour games" anymore. Just like others mmentioned the developer Xitilon messed around with the achievements and Microsoft told them to revert the changes. Now they are around 3-6 hour games and much harder to complete. Those games should be rated again.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 07:23
    For those games that fail to launch. Sometimes if you right click on the game and go to See In Store then hit the launch game it works
  • RiIeyRiIey444,759
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 07:32
    Mbhyat said:
    Where are the Ratalaika games on sale?
    That’s what I wanna know
  • RiIeyRiIey444,759
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 07:34
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    A heads up "Where the Bees Make Honey" is so bad it isn't worth 1000g even if the game was 50 cents. It's so bad the only way I could recommend that you get that game is MS paid YOU 5$ to finish it. I started it and deleted it halfway through it was so bad. Lucky me, my Warboats boat has 4 Where The Bees Make Honey achievements on it.

    "Oh! How bad can it be. I play lots of boosting games"
    Okay... Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Game was not that bad. I actually enjoyed it. The driving part was a little bs and maybe one other part but it was an easy game with a chill story, plus it had an Xbox 200 G built in when I got it. It wasn’t thattttt bad!
  • Osmo76Osmo761,010,201
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 10:31, Edited on 21 January 21 at 10:35 by Osmo76
    RiIey said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    A heads up "Where the Bees Make Honey" is so bad it isn't worth 1000g even if the game was 50 cents. It's so bad the only way I could recommend that you get that game is MS paid YOU 5$ to finish it. I started it and deleted it halfway through it was so bad. Lucky me, my Warboats boat has 4 Where The Bees Make Honey achievements on it.

    "Oh! How bad can it be. I play lots of boosting games"
    Okay... Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Game was not that bad. I actually enjoyed it. The driving part was a little bs and maybe one other part but it was an easy game with a chill story, plus it had an Xbox 200 G built in when I got it. It wasn’t thattttt bad!
    +1, it wasn't THAT bad. But I'm still happy I only had to do it once. :D
  • AnokiAnoki501,271
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:28, Edited on 22 January 21 at 06:36 by Elite1111111111
    With half of these you're buying Gamerscore, not a game. And it seems like some even have the shitty scenario of having permissions. So you're also selling your data information for a shitty game to boost with.

    Mod Edit: Removed deleted quote.
  • Time2MeltYouTime2MeltYou572,246
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:47
    Brasshande said:
    Mushroom Quest and Aborigenus aren't affected by the Xitilon achievement changes, they're both as easy as ever, but the base 1000GS in both Castle Of No Escape games are now nowhere near as easy as they were before the update. Probably Pixel Gladiator will be considerably harder too, but i'm less sure about that one
    atleast the other 2000g on xitilon games are easy, just the base 1000g on these games :(
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong366,777
    Posted on 22 January 21 at 11:33
    How are the Aery games? I’ve been looking for some more chill, low stress games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.