Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft closing servers for numerous Windows 8 Microsoft Casual Games in April

• CanezzaCanezza143,922
  • Corrupt XBACorrupt XBA2,724,139
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:25
    Sad to hear. Still no official word from MS on whether there are any plans to fix the WP syncing issues or it is never coming back.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:36
    Will Taptiles (Win 8) be affected? It is not included in that list and the windows 8 version is the only version of the game I believe.
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw797,947
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:44
    Not gonna lie...I had numerous issues with Microsoft Treasure Hunt when playing it. It kept making it so I couldn't see the whole screen for some reason. :(
    There is always a way.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 12:54
    LukeTheDuke268 said:
    Will Taptiles (Win 8) be affected? It is not included in that list and the windows 8 version is the only version of the game I believe.
    Taptiles is not delisted and does not have a Windows 10 version with achievements. It's unknown if it will actually be impacted since it belongs to Arkadium, not Microsoft.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:00
    i downloaded this game a long time ago and i assume no longer have it on my windows phone.

IF i can update my nokia lumia 620 (windows 8.1) to windows 10 (i find a youtube video which says it will work despite microsoft not offering support), will i be able to download this game and earn achievements?
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:02, Edited on 21 January 21 at 13:05 by FoolontheHill24
    We should get clarification on whether taptiles and jackpot are part of it as taptiles has daily challenges and jackpot has a daily bonus. Taptiles has a Windows 10 version (without achievements) so it may be impacted.

For those with windows phones that want to finish these up, but may not have been in the loop for the past couple of months, syncing on windows phone has been broken since october/november. Join the discussion here: WP Achievement Syncing Issues? Post HERE! and if you can provide a fiddler report (detailed there on how to do it) you can possibly help get this issue fixed. From what we can tell so far, the syncing issue was unintentional.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:09
    You should be able to complete all games in alloted time except Bingo since that takes a billion years
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
  • aristeiaaristeia207,634
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:12, Edited on 21 January 21 at 13:12 by aristeia
    Looks like I've got 3 2 months of turning back the clock to complete Jigsaws...
    aristeia
  • RegeRege628,800
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:19
    I had a feeling they will close down the servers, thank god I have one achievement left for Microsoft Minesweeper Windows 8 left to unlock.
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
  • Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:21
    Ugh! This means I will need to finish up Solitaire. I've been avoiding it for years.
    This space for rent.
  • SILVAF0XXSILVAF0XX713,238
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:24
    Eugh I’m not looking forward to getting these done! Just wish WP games could be done.. think that’s a dead end though as those of us involved have tried nearly everything to get syncing to work!
    Richard
  • RegeRege628,800
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:28
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Ugh! This means I will need to finish up Solitaire. I've been avoiding it for years.
    I know what you mean, it’s not difficult but takes a lot of time to get the achievements for daily challenges, helps a lot if you buy premium.
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs292,465
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:49
    I gave up trying to 100% these games years ago. I wish you all luck if you decide you can squeeze them in. smile
    Xbox Ambassador / Insider Hopeful Videogame Journalist Content Creator / Achievement Hunter Find Me - Xbox / Twitter / Instagram / Youtube / Discord
  • MrNoLuckFoxMrNoLuckFox471,555
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:52
    Treasure Hunt is such a paaain. Maybe I need to pull the plug and just give up instead of stressing over it x.x
  • JudgeJudge571,296
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 13:58
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    We should get clarification on whether taptiles and jackpot are part of it as taptiles has daily challenges and jackpot has a daily bonus. Taptiles has a Windows 10 version (without achievements) so it may be impacted.

For those with windows phones that want to finish these up, but may not have been in the loop for the past couple of months, syncing on windows phone has been broken since october/november. Join the discussion here: WP Achievement Syncing Issues? Post HERE! and if you can provide a fiddler report (detailed there on how to do it) you can possibly help get this issue fixed. From what we can tell so far, the syncing issue was unintentional.
    It’s still available to download while the others are not, and is not listed in the FAQ, so it’s assumed to be not impacted by this announcement
  • HallinskioiHallinskioi326,653
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 14:12
    I have a couple of WP games I still need to complete, my issue is that WP majong version I started I can't download anymore, the game on the store gives me a new version with a new set of achivements, any idea how I can get back to the prior WP version?
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,256
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 14:18
    It's the end of an era, a trash era of Win 8. Tbf, I didn't mind the OS too much, it wasn't exactly great, but once you got used to it, it was alright.
  • IBKJJIBKJJ592,701
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 14:31
    Dutch x Monster said:
    You should be able to complete all games in alloted time except Bingo since that takes a billion years
    Not in the ones that have achievements for 12 bronze medals in 12 months... Luckily, I have all these games 100%
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord1,619,004
    Posted on 21 January 21 at 14:37
    IBKJJ said:
    Dutch x Monster said:
    Not in the ones that have achievements for 12 bronze medals in 12 months... Luckily, I have all these games 100%
    First off, bingo can be done really fast once you get the necessary power ups and keys to really be raking in the tickets. I thought everyone knew about changing your time for the other games. I know some think its "cheating" or whatever but if you want your completion you will do what you have to.
    Too much salt everywhere...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.