Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft closing servers for numerous Windows 8 Microsoft Casual Games in April

• IRL Games XIRL Games X595,650
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 00:15
    Does anyone know when this closes for wordament? I don’t think I will have enough time for the last 3cry
    IRL Games X
  • OsseblokOsseblok227,639
    Posted on 08 April 21 at 10:21, Edited on 08 April 21 at 10:21 by Osseblok
    Up until yesterday I was able to gain achievements with these games... But I just tried and got a "The game could not log you in at Xbox" message.
    It seems they have now really taken the servers offline. cry
  • LvxLvx284,720
  • Posted on 08 April 21 at 10:28, Edited on 08 April 21 at 10:29 by FoolontheHill24
    Lvx said:
    Not just those games. EVERYTHING on Windows 8 is down.

Win 8 XBL support gone
    ATTENTION EVERYONE: THEY ARE SIGNING IN AGAIN.

Nothing was signing in. All windows 8 games were broken. I think they freaked out and undid it until they can figure out how to only turn off the casual games.
  • LvxLvx284,720
    Posted on 08 April 21 at 11:27
    Yep, that's exactly what I think went down. This was 100% unintended and heavily implies they can't turn off the casual games without turning off Win 8 XBL support.
  • Posted on 11 April 21 at 15:28
    It seems every Win8 game folder is still working that i own at the moment including all daily challenges - so does this mean for now, none of the Win8 games achievements are discontinued as of yet?
    MineMasterJake1
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,168,238
    Posted on 12 April 21 at 13:45
    Clearly this was all just a clever ploy to see how much money they could eek out of those of us who dropped a few bucks on Premium to help finish up some dailies laugh
  • Posted on 20 April 21 at 19:55
    Mike Pitch said:
    Clearly this was all just a clever ploy to see how much money they could eek out of those of us who dropped a few bucks on Premium to help finish up some dailies laugh
    Servers are still up as of today.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw543,997
    Posted on 22 April 21 at 12:16
    I can't log in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection (Win 8) today. However, it may be a stupid expired licence that sometimes happens.
  • Posted on 22 April 21 at 12:18
    planchetflaw said:
    I can't log in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection (Win 8) today. However, it may be a stupid expired licence that sometimes happens.
    Love that this expired license issue occurs on both Windows and Windows Phone. laugh
    Stupid Carcassonne license...
  • Tostie14Tostie14480,290
    Posted on 22 April 21 at 17:58, Edited on 22 April 21 at 18:05 by Tostie14
    planchetflaw said:
    I was able to log in to the Win 8 version today by making sure I maximize the app. I also completed a daily challenge today and earned an achievement, which TA acknowledges.

I could also login to Sudoku (Win 8), Jigsaw (Win 8), and Taptiles.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw543,997
    Posted on 22 April 21 at 23:53, Edited on 22 April 21 at 23:53 by planchetflaw
    Tostie14 said:
    planchetflaw said:
    I was able to log in to the Win 8 version today by making sure I maximize the app. I also completed a daily challenge today and earned an achievement, which TA acknowledges.

I could also login to Sudoku (Win 8), Jigsaw (Win 8), and Taptiles.
    Thanks. Yeah, mine is a licence fail again. I've completed the game so I don't know why I still have it installed. I just wish these digital licences didn't randomly expire when you "purchase" the digital licence to "own" the games.
  • Tostie14Tostie14480,290
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 23:58
    New login error for me starting today in Solitaire, Treasure Hunt, Jigsaw, Sudoku, & Taptiles.
  • LvxLvx284,720
  • LvxLvx284,720
    Posted on 13 May 21 at 17:48
    Aaaand it's back!
  • Posted on 16 July 21 at 05:00
    Just wanted to say that the daily challenges are still loading for Minesweeper (Win 8)
  • DougSnow625DougSnow625838,399
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 01:41
    Is it just me or are these not working again? I cannot login to Solitaire to login... the others still work...
  • haugse23haugse23112,995
    Posted on 25 July 21 at 17:07
    Do I need to find a Win 8 device to be able.to play this again?
  • Posted on 31 July 21 at 01:40
    haugse23 said:
    I did not test Solitaire. Tested Minesweeper (Win 8) and it worked. I have installers if you need them.
  • KitShicker43KitShicker43240,460
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 21:54
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    haugse23 said:
    I did not test Solitaire. Tested Minesweeper (Win 8) and it worked. I have installers if you need them.
    *I* would very much appreaciate any of the Win8 version installers you have. I tricked myself by installing the Win10 version of Jigsaw, and didn't realize my error until I popped a NEW achievement for that version shock
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.