Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft closing servers for numerous Windows 8 Microsoft Casual Games in April

• Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:20
    KitShicker43 said:
    *I* would very much appreaciate any of the Win8 version installers you have. I tricked myself by installing the Win10 version of Jigsaw, and didn't realize my error until I popped a NEW achievement for that version shock
    Sure. I will PM you later today.
  • Posted on 22 September 21 at 23:20
    Can I get that installer too? Im trying to get onto some of these windows 8 games. Id appreciate it!

VisibleRaptor5 said:
    KitShicker43 said:
    *I* would very much appreaciate any of the Win8 version installers you have. I tricked myself by installing the Win10 version of Jigsaw, and didn't realize my error until I popped a NEW achievement for that version shock
    Sure. I will PM you later today.
  • Posted on 24 September 21 at 05:43
    MadMassacre510 said:
    Can I get that installer too? Im trying to get onto some of these windows 8 games. Id appreciate it!

I have not forgotten about you. Just have to look for the links.
  • GraymawrGraymawr233,270
    Posted on 24 September 21 at 12:40
    I was sent links a while back and I have not gotten around to getting them installed yet. Back then I just had my windows 10 machine. But I have since picked up my mom's old laptop that still has native Windows 8.1. Do those links work for just Windows 10 rolling back to Windows 8 or are there instructions for just going straight to a Windows 8 machine?
    Strict Available Times: 10ish PM - 1 AM EST, United States
  • Posted on 24 September 21 at 14:18
    Graymawr said:
    I was sent links a while back and I have not gotten around to getting them installed yet. Back then I just had my windows 10 machine. But I have since picked up my mom's old laptop that still has native Windows 8.1. Do those links work for just Windows 10 rolling back to Windows 8 or are there instructions for just going straight to a Windows 8 machine?
    They can run on Windows 10 PCs. Just need to remove the Win 10 versions and turn off auto updates.
  • J26HJ26H354,749
    Posted on 28 September 21 at 14:55
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    Graymawr said:
    They can run on Windows 10 PCs. Just need to remove the Win 10 versions and turn off auto updates.
    Any chance I can get the link to this installer for the Win8 games please?
  • Posted on 28 September 21 at 16:42
    J26H said:
    Any chance I can get the link to this installer for the Win8 games please?
    You put it as a signature. I did not see it right away. Send me a private message.
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord1,621,435
    Posted on 07 October 21 at 18:20
    I can't confirm but they might be down now. Let me know if anyone can get them to work.
    DubstepEdgelordhttps://www.trueachievements.com/forum/post.aspx?messageboardid=2057#
  • TreviosoTrevioso288,967
    Posted on 08 October 21 at 16:57
    I recently ran into the same issue. I was 3 Gold medals away from my last achievement. I tried it Oct 4, then it stopped working around the time I updated to Windows 11. Wonder if it had anything to do with that? Hopefully it comes back cause I can still log in, just not do any daily challenges.
  • pandaboypandaboy277,621
    Posted on 08 October 21 at 18:38
    Same issue here. Has anyone filed a trouble ticket?
    Posted on 08 October 21 at 20:25
    Where do I file one? Unfamiliar with where these issues are reported. Was 1 gold away from completing Minesweeper.
    Posted on 08 October 21 at 20:58
    The game had a link to a website to report bugs. Dunno if this counts but I put in a ticket about this.
    Posted on 09 October 21 at 18:42
    Now I've heard that some are doing the challenges just fine but I don't see how.
  • Posted on 09 October 21 at 18:46
    DubstepEdgelord said:
    Now I've heard that some are doing the challenges just fine but I don't see how.
    Huh?
    Posted on 09 October 21 at 20:08
    I still can’t access them either. I wrote to Microsoft about it asking if anything could be done, but I sincerely doubt anything will happen.
    Posted on 09 October 21 at 20:38
    pandaboy said:
    I still can’t access them either. I wrote to Microsoft about it asking if anything could be done, but I sincerely doubt anything will happen.
    The link that I posted above is what I got. I went through the casual games website and got an email right away telling me that the services are discontinued but probably could have been an automated response. Not sure if actually getting a contact would help.
    Posted on 10 October 21 at 16:42
    Minesweeper can still be completed on win 8 if you do it on Win 10 and go on the win 8 after it syncs.
  • Tandar1Tandar11,555,554
    Posted on 10 October 21 at 23:17
    Anyone know even if I can't get the dailies, can I finish up some of the others like 10,000 flips?
    Posted on 10 October 21 at 23:33
    Tandar1 said:
    Anyone know even if I can't get the dailies, can I finish up some of the others like 10,000 flips?
    Logins work fine, so anything flagged offline can still be earned.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.