Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft closing servers for numerous Windows 8 Microsoft Casual Games in April

• Xer152 MCXer152 MC119,606
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 17:25
    Not sure if this is allowed to be stated here but, manually switching your date and time should work on the daily challenges. Just be sure to change date to the last day of the month you need. (NOTE: I think I've seen people say that this might not work well because the date and time of your computer does not sync with the date and time of the Microsoft live servers. My recommendation might be to restart your computer, then reopen the game. if this happens)

I last checked this when I completed Microsoft Sudoku and Jigsaw in March of 2021

Hope you guys can still get this!

P.S.: I believe I still have some of the appxbundles for some of the games. I just dont know where I could put them for folks to access, cause I don't know if links are allowed....
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord1,651,632
    Posted on 19 October 21 at 17:08
    Xer152 MC said:
    Not sure if this is allowed to be stated here but, manually switching your date and time should work on the daily challenges. Just be sure to change date to the last day of the month you need. (NOTE: I think I've seen people say that this might not work well because the date and time of your computer does not sync with the date and time of the Microsoft live servers. My recommendation might be to restart your computer, then reopen the game. if this happens)

I last checked this when I completed Microsoft Sudoku and Jigsaw in March of 2021

Hope you guys can still get this!

P.S.: I believe I still have some of the appxbundles for some of the games. I just dont know where I could put them for folks to access, cause I don't know if links are allowed....
    I will try restarting the computer with the time changed but other than that it did not work no matter what time I chose, even if I had a medal from an older month like others have said.
  • Posted on 21 October 21 at 14:55
    Achievements for the WP versions of Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Minesweeper, Microsoft Mahjong and Wordament are fully obtainable and a major fix was recently implemented for Windows Phones. Please pop your 77 achievements across these 4 titles if you have not done so as yet. Message me for more on how to get these titles as they are no longer in the Store with the exception of Wordament. In the case of medals (except for Wordament as there is none for that), the medals obtained in the Windows 8 versions are shared across the WP versions via cloud save as well (even though WP versions have their own). For the 3 titles, you need to get 20 medals across both versions to unlock the 20 medal achievement in each game on WP. Fortunately for Microsoft Solitaire Collection (Win 8 and WP), the medals are exactly the same, so it doesn't matter where you get them although completing 100 games in Klondike, Spider, and FreeCell and clearing 100 boards in Pyramid and TriPeaks in the Win 8 version unlock the respective medals across both versions (whereas the WP version requires 200 completions for the first 3 and 200 clears for the last 2). Microsoft Minesweeper has 30 medals across both versions (10 shared, 10 PC exclusive, 10 phone exclusive). Mix and match. They will count towards the 20 medal achievement on the WP version. All medals are obtainable. Microsoft Mahjong has 28 medals across the Win 8 and WP versions (12 shared, 8 PC exclusive and 8 phone exclusive). However, 3 medals on the PC are potentially discontinued as they require playing and winning a Lightning Tile, a Golden Tile and a Score Attack challenge. The goals are easy. If you can still access the challenges (even with backdating), do them. Find easy ones to do. You do not have to do anything else in the Daily Challenge (PC version only has 3 achievements). They will count towards the 20 medal achievement on WP. Enjoy.

Please note that the WP versions of the Casual Games DO NOT run on iOS and Android. While there are old iOS and Android stacks for Wordament (Version 2.8), they cannot connect to servers. Microsoft Solitaire Collection on iOS and Android connects with the Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile versions of the game. Microsoft Mahjong on those two OSes is a standalone version that is not connected to the Windows 10 versions. To date, there is no version of Microsoft Minesweeper for iOS or Android. But that may change soon.
  • pandaboypandaboy284,487
    Posted on 22 October 21 at 04:48
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    Achievements for the WP versions of Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Minesweeper, Microsoft Mahjong and Wordament are fully obtainable and a major fix was recently implemented for Windows Phones. Please pop your 77 achievements across these 4 titles if you have not done so as yet. Message me for more on how to get these titles as they are no longer in the Store with the exception of Wordament. In the case of medals (except for Wordament as there is none for that), the medals obtained in the Windows 8 versions are shared across the WP versions via cloud save as well (even though WP versions have their own). For the 3 titles, you need to get 20 medals across both versions to unlock the 20 medal achievement in each game on WP. Fortunately for Microsoft Solitaire Collection (Win 8 and WP), the medals are exactly the same, so it doesn't matter where you get them although completing 100 games in Klondike, Spider, and FreeCell and clearing 100 boards in Pyramid and TriPeaks in the Win 8 version unlock the respective medals across both versions (whereas the WP version requires 200 completions for the first 3 and 200 clears for the last 2). Microsoft Minesweeper has 30 medals across both versions (10 shared, 10 PC exclusive, 10 phone exclusive). Mix and match. They will count towards the 20 medal achievement on the WP version. All medals are obtainable. Microsoft Mahjong has 28 medals across the Win 8 and WP versions (12 shared, 8 PC exclusive and 8 phone exclusive). However, 3 medals on the PC are potentially discontinued as they require playing and winning a Lightning Tile, a Golden Tile and a Score Attack challenge. The goals are easy. If you can still access the challenges (even with backdating), do them. Find easy ones to do. You do not have to do anything else in the Daily Challenge (PC version only has 3 achievements). They will count towards the 20 medal achievement on WP. Enjoy.

Please note that the WP versions of the Casual Games DO NOT run on iOS and Android. While there are old iOS and Android stacks for Wordament (Version 2.8), they cannot connect to servers. Microsoft Solitaire Collection on iOS and Android connects with the Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile versions of the game. Microsoft Mahjong on those two OSes is a standalone version that is not connected to the Windows 10 versions. To date, there is no version of Microsoft Minesweeper for iOS or Android. But that may change soon.
    And it’s probably a dumb question, but you can’t use Windows Phone versions of Solitaire, etc. to pop achievements for the Windows 8 versions, correct?
  • Posted on 22 October 21 at 05:39
    pandaboy said:
    And it’s probably a dumb question, but you can’t use Windows Phone versions of Solitaire, etc. to pop achievements for the Windows 8 versions, correct?
    You might be able to pop some stuff but not for Daily Challenges though. WP never supported that (except for the Windows 10 versions of Solitaire and Mahjong but the latter does not work properly anymore).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.