Game Discussion: Portal 2 Forum

Co-op Virgin Willing to 'Give It Up' (For Science)

AuthorMessage
BrumtownMangler
Posted on 25 April 11 at 18:26
i would recommend using TA to track players who've only recently started playing the game. for example if you look at the last people to have won the "lunacy" achievement you are likley to find players who have finished single player missions but have not played co-op yet. also check their cheevos to see if they have "hi-Five" yet to make sure. after about half an hour of friend requesting and sending messages i found a buddy to do this with, and returned the favour by helping him get other achievements. hope this helps somebody.
Darklights
Darklights
Posted on 25 April 11 at 18:53
Ok tried the memory card thing, didn't work.
Also need a virgin if there's an left
You Can Be Me When I'm Gone

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 April 11 at 02:51
If you guys are having that much trouble with it I suggest setting a session up where you and one other person making alternate accounts and swap the achievement that way. That's how I did it.
The sun goes down, and so does she.
Poe Tay T0e
Poe Tay T0e
Posted on 26 April 11 at 05:19, Edited on 27 April 11 at 05:27 by Poe Tay T0e
I have been deflowered....
Catching ZZZs
Catching ZZZs
Posted on 26 April 11 at 13:57
I need a coop virgin! Somebody please help! My gamertag is Catching ZZZs add me! Thanks
XGC Antony
XGC Antony
Posted on 26 April 11 at 13:58
Just completed the coop recently. This is one of only 3 cheevos I have left to get (all coop ones) if anyone hasn't played coop yet just hit me up with a friend request.. I'd be happy to play through the entire coop campaign with you too :) help you get some of those othe pesky coop achievements along the way in return. Thanks guys :)
perfectdozen
perfectdozen
Posted on 26 April 11 at 16:17
Darklights said:
Darklights how exactly did you test this? Meaning, when you ran the test did you have any co-op achievements at that point? If so and your test failed I would think it's looking at whether or not you have any co-op achievements to determine your virgin status.

If that's the case, maybe the best thing to do would be to try and see if someone who's ONLY done the tutorial - with no other coop achievs - could move their save to alternate storage (or do nothing) and try to surrender virginity yet again.

I realize this is probably grasping at straws but I have a hard time figuring out how whether or not you've done the tutorial, when there's no achievement for that (for virgins), is tied to your gamer profile.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 April 11 at 16:28
perfectdozen said:
I realize this is probably grasping at straws but I have a hard time figuring out how whether or not you've done the tutorial, when there's no achievement for that (for virgins), is tied to your gamer profile.
Portal 2High FiveThe High Five achievement in Portal 2 worth 6 pointsCelebrate your cooperative calibration success
That's for completing the tutorial. It popped for me when I lost my co-op virginity last night.
perfectdozen
perfectdozen
Posted on 26 April 11 at 19:05
OK, then that explains it. Virgin gets High Five and experienced player gets Professor Portal. I think I got some bad intel on that. Thanks for clarifying.
blastmastrj420i
Posted on 26 April 11 at 22:52
well im back on today and just finished co-op if any one see this and would like to help me out just friend me on live
pens0r
pens0r
Posted on 27 April 11 at 00:54
I'm still looking for someone to help me with Professor Portal. I'll be online all night tonight
Darklights
Darklights
Posted on 27 April 11 at 07:14
perfectdozen said:
Darklights said:
Darklights how exactly did you test this? Meaning, when you ran the test did you have any co-op achievements at that point? If so and your test failed I would think it's looking at whether or not you have any co-op achievements to determine your virgin status.

If that's the case, maybe the best thing to do would be to try and see if someone who's ONLY done the tutorial - with no other coop achievs - could move their save to alternate storage (or do nothing) and try to surrender virginity yet again.

I moved all of my portal 2 data onto a memory stick and removed that from the console. Went into coop with a mate and every level was still marked as complete. I believe they use cloud saving for the coop to stop people doing the mem card thing.
I had completed coop but its not looking at achieves as it knows exactly which levels I had done.
You Can Be Me When I'm Gone
Se4nzZ WoRLd
Se4nzZ WoRLd
Posted on 27 April 11 at 11:07, Edited on 28 April 11 at 10:15 by Se4nzZ WoRLd
I can give someone my virginity. I'll be on at 4pm EST, first come, first serve. Gone
GreatBigMikeDog
Posted on 28 April 11 at 02:46, Edited on 28 April 11 at 04:13 by GreatBigMikeDog
Virgin ready for de-caking! 1st to send request wins. :)

*edit* - de-caked. Hope I'll be able to get this one too! C'mon karma...
TerryLudden
205,180 205,180 GamerScore
TerryLudden
Posted on 28 April 11 at 10:09, Edited on 28 April 11 at 20:42 by TerryLudden
I'll be starting this game in an hour. someone message me or send a friend request. first one gets to get the achievement

*** Taken by slacker21 below
outrAJeous
outrAJeous
Posted on 28 April 11 at 15:35, Edited on 28 April 11 at 21:01 by outrAJeous
I sent messages to the last two posters but no reply yet. Fingers crossed. Any one else wanna "give it up" for science?

Okay, got it thanks to TerryLudden
moogless
moogless
Posted on 28 April 11 at 22:08, Edited on 30 April 11 at 00:14 by moogless
i need a mp virgin here, and i can also help you back with the achievement with a second gold account that i got (from what i understand splitscreen doesnt work)

EDIT: i dont need help anymore.
Remember, science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance? NEUROTOXIN
Avata
Avata
Posted on 29 April 11 at 00:13, Edited on 29 April 11 at 00:14 by Avata
moogless said:
From what i understand splitscreen doesnt work.
You are correct.
Cacti need hugs too :(

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 29 April 11 at 00:27
Avata said:
moogless said:
From what i understand splitscreen doesnt work.
You are correct.
No but making a dummy account works. You really don't need to hunt people down. Just find someone who has the game, have them make a new account and use the free 48 hour gold trial service, play the tutorial and voila. Achievement unlocked.

I really don't see why people are acting like it'll be unobtainable if they don't find a new person to play the game.
The sun goes down, and so does she.
perfectdozen
perfectdozen
Posted on 29 April 11 at 22:25
Just read that this is going to be on sale tomorrow at KMart/Gamestop, so I'm going to pick it up then if that's the case.

If anyone is going to be online tomorrow a couple of hours before/after 12 CST, let me know I can surely hop on and we can do the tutorial together and you can get Professor Portal.

Hoping that someone else reads this later on and is willing to do the same for me after I finish co-op!

PM me here or on XBL if interested.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.