The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: January 26th, 2021

• Goggs25Goggs251,436,040
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 03:50
    Not sure if it’s a mistake on Microsoft end but Frontlines Fuel of War is FREE to download. Just looked it up on the store on Xbox one and it says it’s 100% free with gold I live in UK so if you want game check in your region if it’s free
    Goggs25
  • GuidalityGuidality694,150
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 03:52
    Good price on The Council. I had a good time playing through that recently
  • Seeker06Seeker06176,204
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 03:54
    Can confirm Frontlines is free, just claimed it
  • xXLILBRAZILxXLILBRAZIL465,998
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 04:05
    Frontline was free since last week.

I might pick up the DLC for Darksider 3 and Darksider Genesis game
  • Redders 420Redders 420873,266
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 04:47
    KawiNinjaRider7 said:
    Little Big Workshop for me 😋 Also grabbed Clouds & Sheep 2 for the simulation genre since its $0.99 but dunno if I'll ever get around to that lol
    Little Big Workshop was a great game, I highly recommend that one. Clouds and Sheep 2 is utter garbage and how it ended up in the simulation genre is beyond me.
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13500,589
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 06:20
    Still waiting for all the aca neogeo games to be on sale.
  • I Boz lI Boz l898,607
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 08:02
    Any crazy dude here with an historical list to check if Cod Black Ops dlcs ever went on sale?
  • SkinfasstSkinfasst393,089
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 10:35
    Hyperglide said:
    Dead Cells for me!
    Me too, even though I have it via Game Pass. The regular price has gone up from 20 -> 25 for some reason, and I don't think it will get cheaper than half-price for a while, unless there's some kind of bundle with the DLC as well. I think I'll buy it now in case it leaves GP and also to support the devs of an awesome game.
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 10:36
    TheRyanGillam said:
    So, now I am torn. Do I support the game franchise and encourage future development, or do I save money, get it on Game Pass, and buy it when the game is delisted a year from now for a steep discount?
    Why are you torn? You said that you'd like to see more of these game for the Xbox, so you should obviously buy this one!
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 10:38
    lotusfrog said:
    Do you think Kingdoms of Amalur: Rereckoning will end up on Gamepass soon? I played some of it over the weekend as it was free to play and it brought back good memories of playing the original way back when. I'm not sure if I want to fork out $42 (AU) for it though. But then if this is the only time it'll be on special for a while and it won't go to GP then it might be worth it.
    I've been considering the same but I think I'll wait a bit. Eventually it will go on sale for the same or more discount, and I can wait a few more months to play it, even though it was one of my fave games on the 360. Also, I want to wait until the Fatesworn DLC comes out to decide if it's worth buying that as well.
  • agunZagunagunZagun171,184
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 10:54
    Skinfasst said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    So, now I am torn. Do I support the game franchise and encourage future development, or do I save money, get it on Game Pass, and buy it when the game is delisted a year from now for a steep discount?
    Why are you torn? You said that you'd like to see more of these game for the Xbox, so you should obviously buy this one!
    Yeah, I agree. Even though Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Yakuza games are on Game Pass I bought them all (except FF8, FF 13 trilogy and Yakuza Kiwami 2) to support it. Microsoft probably paid for those to get ported but I love them all and want more Japanese games on Xbox. I hope they continue to bring more.
  • Posted on 26 January 21 at 11:12
    agunZagun said:
    Yeah, I agree. Even though Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Yakuza games are on Game Pass I bought them all (except FF8, FF 13 trilogy and Yakuza Kiwami 2) to support it. Microsoft probably paid for those to get ported but I love them all and want more Japanese games on Xbox. I hope they continue to bring more.
    Same here and good move (except for Kiwami 2)!!
  • Posted on 26 January 21 at 11:14
    On a sidenote: Aces of the Luftwaffe + DLC is cheaper than the bundle including both (for whatever reason)
  • TearBaerTearBaer19,691
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 11:26, Edited on 26 January 21 at 11:27 by TearBaer
    Excited to grab Stuntman Ignition and The Council. Not really sure what else to pick up. Chicken Police looks great but at $16, I’m not sure for a VN.
  • SkullinaneSkullinane246,475
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 11:27
    Stay away from Oniria Crimes. I followed the development on Instagram and then bought it because on the surface it looked really interesting. The game is an awful port. It was built for a mouse, which has been translated to the left joystick. The cursor moves painfully slow. I contacted the developer about this, and they admitted that they were entirely hands-off of the port, leaving it to their publisher.

The "game" itself is not fun in any way. The story is confusing and makes no sense. There is way too much reading involved. There are 3D Minesweeper mini-games that are punishing.

Don't buy Oniria, now or ever.
  • pezboybenpezboyben732,947
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 11:30
    An Artifex Mundi for $1.49 is a definite buy from me.
    They are the last kind I tried lol.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,268,179
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 11:41
    Crap
  • Posted on 26 January 21 at 11:49
    Feeling sadistic so going to pick up FM2021.
  • torrens7760torrens7760128,234
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 12:45
    I was hoping another Asdivine title was on sale, and it is! But it's behind Gold, so. Looks like I can't grab it.
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • Rista BRista B574,770
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 12:58
    pezboyben said:
    An Artifex Mundi for $1.49 is a definite buy from me.
    Yep, picked up 3 of their games for less than $10 including tax so I'm pretty happy with those prices.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.