Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox game releases — February 1st to 7th

• RobboJDA96RobboJDA9616,185
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 14:20
    Next week sees nine new games heading to the Xbox platform, including the Xbox Series X|S version of Control: Ultimate Edition and PC multiplayer darling, Project Winter.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox game releases — February 1st to 7th
  • gavmanwv3gavmanwv31,468,674
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 14:28
    I liked the 1st Habroxia a lot. Can't wait for the 2nd next week!dance
  • Reina WattReina Watt439,709
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 14:35
    The first Habroxia was surprisingly good, it felt like a loving homage to old vertical and horizontal scrolling shooters so I'm interested in the sequel. Also interested in the Ratalaika game which sounds interesting, I do enjoy their narrative tales.
    Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,217,866
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 14:44
    Can't wait to 3 stack Controldance
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,277,627
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 15:24
    A Werewolf game... interesting
  • Posted on 29 January 21 at 15:45
    No way I pay full price for a y game that has a version on both generations.you develop ONE game and only make adjustments for each generation' so there isn't work for two separate games therefore there is no justification to pay for each as separate product. 90% of work is shared between versions. 8f you have one version to should be eligible for a paid update dlc. Full price for xSX version does not give me a totally different product, only a version of the same game for slightly different platform. The same applies for PC release.
    FRAG'EM ALL
  • Groudon199Groudon199645,701
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 17:44
    5 days away from Control on Series X|S and the full game update hasn't been pushed yet. Still staring at a 272.3 MB placeholder file.
  • V4R14N7V4R14N7924,791
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 18:03
    Can't wait to get into the Werewolf universe again, been 20 years since I've had a game of the RAGE CCG.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead589,920
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 18:42, Edited on 29 January 21 at 18:45 by HolyHalfDead
    XSXS owners are spoiled this week with 3 new releases with achievements! I would like it if the article drew attention to that. It would help to explain to people why there are two releases of games like Werewolf on XSXS, only one of which can be played in XOSX.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 29 January 21 at 21:55
    Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood — Xbox Series X|S

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood — Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One

?

Are both versions playable on Xbox Series X|S? facepalm
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,605,850
    Posted on 30 January 21 at 00:27
    yamayamayaamaa said:

?

Are 360 versions not playable on the xbox one?
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 30 January 21 at 01:36
    iMaginaryy said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:

?

Are 360 versions not playable on the xbox one?
    Depends on the game I guess? There might be a game that released on both but is only playable on one or the other. I have no clue.

I was just wondering how stacks work on the newer consoles but I guess you have to buy both versions of the game if they don't have smart delivery.
  • Thief000Thief000854,449
    Posted on 30 January 21 at 10:08, Edited on 30 January 21 at 19:24 by Thief000
    yamayamayaamaa said:

?

It's one version listing, it's playable on both Xbox One and Series consoles. IDK why it's listed here twice. They both lead to the same Store pages.

I personally wonder what's so definitive about that Outbreak game...
    Posted on 30 January 21 at 13:56
    Thief000 said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:

?

It's one version, it's playable on both Xbox One and Series consoles. IDK why it's listed here twice. They both lead to the same Store pages.
    There's an Xbox One version, which is playable on both console generations, and a Series X|S version, which is only playable on the new consoles.
  • Posted on 30 January 21 at 17:06
    Combining Roomba and Rambo... wouldn't have thought to make a "comedic, top-down, stealth-action game about being a robot vacuum cleaner and fending off burglars from your home"
    Roombo
  • Thief000Thief000854,449
    Posted on 30 January 21 at 18:28
    Groudon199 said:
    Thief000 said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:

?

It's one version, it's playable on both Xbox One and Series consoles. IDK why it's listed here twice. They both lead to the same Store pages.
    There's an Xbox One version, which is playable on both console generations, and a Series X|S version, which is only playable on the new consoles.
    Oh yeah, I see what they've done now, looking at the contents of the store listing (I only looked at the Store URLs before).
    Weird...so it's essentially a stack with one purchase? I didn't know MS allowed that.
  • BuckShotzNYCBuckShotzNYC776,139
    Posted on 30 January 21 at 19:19
    hmm. nothin for me :)
    same .
    Posted on 30 January 21 at 20:27
    Thief000 said:
    Groudon199 said:
    Thief000 said:
    yamayamayaamaa said:

?

Oh yeah, I see what they've done now, looking at the contents of the store listing (I only looked at the Store URLs before).
    Weird...so it's essentially a stack with one purchase? I didn't know MS allowed that.
    EA does it with their sports games, though they have both "Xbox One and Series X|S" and "Series X|S only" options.
  • bgiesingbgiesing63,834
    Posted on 01 February 21 at 04:51
    How to take off your Mask Remastered
    Shouldn't we all be putting on masks, not taking them off laugh
  • ReqquReqqu1,168,596
    Posted on 01 February 21 at 14:31, Edited on 04 February 21 at 07:07 by Reqqu
    So if I have retail copy of Control: Ultimate edition (that has label "Xbox Series X • Xbox One" and has released time ago), does it include this next-gen version of Control: Ultimate Edition that is different from Control released in 2020?

Just noticed new retail version for Control: Ultimate edition became available for pre-order (label "Xbox Series X") and have Series X sticker in top right corner of box. Available March 2021.

Edit. It indeed has both versions. Absolute no reason to wait March retail release to get only Series X version for 40, when you can get both now easily for 30 or less in stores, and sell it later.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.