Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New monthly Xbox Game Pass Quests are now live for another 105 Microsoft Reward Points

• TitianDanTitianDan1,171,030
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:09
    D Jones
  • Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:09
    This list is inaccurate. They removed the buggy "Sign into Mobile app" daily quest and reduced the requirements for "Quest Completionist"
  • Mysterio400Mysterio4002,343,931
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:10, Edited on 02 February 21 at 17:11 by Mysterio400
    Looks like the daily Log in to the Game Pass mobile app is gone and the Quest Completionist is now set at only 20 daily quest (and 15 weekly still).

Quest Dedication is also now only 6 daily quests.
  • MorseyBabyMorseyBaby563,582
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:14
    TitianDan said:
    RoobicandPicnic said:
    This list is inaccurate. They removed the buggy "Sign into Mobile app" daily quest and reduced the requirements for "Quest Completionist"
    Mysterio400 said:
    Looks like the daily Log in to the Game Pass mobile app is gone and the Quest Completionist is now set at only 20 daily quest (and 15 weekly still).

Quest Dedication is also now only 6 daily quests.
    Methinks (given that most haven't changed for months) there's an element of the copy/paste going on here...
  • DefEdgeDefEdge1,069,010
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:18
    Huh... this makes Game Pass Rewards worth even less, when they remove 3 and a half cents a week from the equation. That doesn't sound like much but it certainly adds up over time.
    Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:19
    Can someone recommend 5 small games for
    Game Pass Games On the Go
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:26
    I am Ren#1323 said:
    Normally, this can be done by just installing Game Pass games that you already have installed. If that isn’t an option, try doing the smaller indie games. Usually 2 gigs or lower. Alvastia Chronicles was under 1 gig if memory serves.
    Recquiescat in pace.
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:26, Edited on 02 February 21 at 17:28 by DefEdge
    I am Ren said:
    Use the same game you already have installed, 5 times. It works for me every time.

Edit: Above beat me to it. Also, I was using Fractured Minds. It was a gig in size, thought it was smaller, but it still installed instantly.
    Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
  • YODA12320YODA123202,749,507
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:28, Edited on 02 February 21 at 17:35 by YODA12320
    They removed gamepass login because on the recent update to the app and console they broke the connection, you have to use the beta app for last few days. As MS doesnt test shit anymore.. I think that its just a temporary thing for this month as its a short month while they try and fix it. (135 points your gonna miss out on oh well..)
    Regards;Yoda12320
  • Extrema22Extrema22275,880
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:31
    The app login quest wasn't working for me the last couple of days, this explains it. I won't miss it laugh
  • HanxHanx1,636,260
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:46
    DefEdge said:
    I am Ren said:
    Use the same game you already have installed, 5 times. It works for me every time.

Edit: Above beat me to it. Also, I was using Fractured Minds. It was a gig in size, thought it was smaller, but it still installed instantly.
    This quest isn't even counting for me for some reason.
  • JKSullivanJKSullivan1,021,321
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:46, Edited on 02 February 21 at 17:47 by JKSullivan
    I wish they'd ditch the 'perform 50 searches on Bing mobile' from the Rewards app, too - 50 on ANY version of Bing, fine - but I don't use my phone for data searches (especially now that I'm ALWAYS home due to COVID), so I end up blindly tapping the keyboard to do 50 gibberish searches the day before the end of the quest.
  • Ashley6200Ashley6200788,730
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:53
    JKSullivan said:
    I wish they'd ditch the 'perform 50 searches on Bing mobile' from the Rewards app, too - 50 on ANY version of Bing, fine - but I don't use my phone for data searches (especially now that I'm ALWAYS home due to COVID), so I end up blindly tapping the keyboard to do 50 gibberish searches the day before the end of the quest.
    YES. Every few weeks i'm literally searching numbers up to 50. I did learn that there are a surprising number of films which just have a number as a title, but that interest wore off a long time ago.
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 17:55
    Hanx said:
    DefEdge said:
    I am Ren said:

This quest isn't even counting for me for some reason.
    I ended up using the Game pass Beta app, and it took 6 times to register the 5 times... They are tweaking things too much and breaking it all.
    Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
  • Drazer76Drazer76965,383
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 18:00
    Ashley6200 said:
    JKSullivan said:
    YES. Every few weeks i'm literally searching numbers up to 50. I did learn that there are a surprising number of films which just have a number as a title, but that interest wore off a long time ago.
    I agree (but only because of my wife’s account which we don’t do the mobile searches on) but surely you are doing your 20 mobile searches for the MS Rewards dailies anyway? So get this each time non the less?
  • JKSullivanJKSullivan1,021,321
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 18:05
    Drazer76 said:
    Ashley6200 said:
    JKSullivan said:
    I agree (but only because of my wife’s account which we don’t do the mobile searches on) but surely you are doing your 20 mobile searches for the MS Rewards dailies anyway? So get this each time non the less?
    Personally, I don't chase after the daily search bonuses. Yes, I realize it's leaving 'money on the table' but the time vs effort isn't worth it for me (and I'm getting old and don't always remember to do them anyway). I only care about the ones that are part of the weekly quest in the rewards app.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 February 21 at 18:08, Edited on 03 February 21 at 09:03 by ManicMetalhead
    I missed out on the 1000 points bonus by ONE daily quest on the last day.
    Which daily quest you ask? Well it was none other than the "Login into the GamePass mobile app" daily quest.
    Well I did try Microsoft but it didn't work.
    Microsoft = The gift that keeps on gving.
    Absolutely USELESS.
  • Ironed GoatIroned Goat823,941
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 18:13
    Drazer76 said:
    Ashley6200 said:
    JKSullivan said:
    Bing is that poor/bad that it takes 50 searches to find the thing you're looking for.

Such a poor search engine. Ask Jeeves had more about it.
    MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
    Posted on 02 February 21 at 18:13, Edited on 02 February 21 at 18:16 by DefEdge
    Personally? I wish they'd ditch the whole 'Gamifying' of the system and just go back to only PC and mobile search based stuff. It's forcing me to play my games in a way that I absolutely hate myself doing. I can't just play a game because I'm afraid of missing out on a nickle. I get more from the PC and mobile searches and tasks anyway, but I still fall for the xbox and game pass rewards hook, line, and sinker. Anxiety and paranoia...

Edit: OH, and get rid of that QUIZ that requires you to get ALL OF THE ANSWERS RIGHT when the writer can't always get his programming straight. I've missed answers because he didn't know which was correct. One time, there was a population question, and when I found the answer on Bing, it said it was wrong. When I checked Google search, the population was higher. I did notice recently with the same type of quiz, they added "According to Bing Search." Happens on Monday and Thursday, I dread those 2 days with a passion. Asshats.
    Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads