The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: February 9th, 2021

  • wildwest08wildwest081,332,089
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 01:44
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Guidality said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Might have to finally grab Dark Souls lll and Spec Ops The Line. Wonder how they’d hold up today, Anyone recently played either on Series X? toast
    Spec Ops is memorable for the story but has some of the worst third person shooter gameplay I've experienced. I think when people remember the game, they are only recalling the story and not how it actually played. I personally believe that it is a highly overrated title but I know I am in the minority with that opinion.
    Appreciate the feedback! I definitely know what you mean with regards to remembering something one way bc of how strong one aspect is, it almost removes the “negatives” from the mind. I absolutely love a great story first over anything else, for the most part lol so in this case I’m going to hope it is in fact that good that I’ll be able to overlook potential “flaws.” toast
    Been awhile since I played it but I loved it. Definitely a memorable story to me and I bet on the Series X it would run incredible
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,287,068
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 01:53
    Activision is so fucking petty.
  • gtbikegtbike485,932
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 01:55
    This sale might get me to bite on quite a few things. One of the better sales in a while imo. I'm looking at Dirt 4, Dirt Rally, Witcher 3, Ori (which is on Game Pass but I want to own and support the devs), those prices for the Kingdom Hearts collections are amazing...not to mention there's some tempting 360 stuff.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,088,889
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 01:59
    wildwest08 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Guidality said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Might have to finally grab Dark Souls lll and Spec Ops The Line. Wonder how they’d hold up today, Anyone recently played either on Series X? toast
    Spec Ops is memorable for the story but has some of the worst third person shooter gameplay I've experienced. I think when people remember the game, they are only recalling the story and not how it actually played. I personally believe that it is a highly overrated title but I know I am in the minority with that opinion.
    Appreciate the feedback! I definitely know what you mean with regards to remembering something one way bc of how strong one aspect is, it almost removes the “negatives” from the mind. I absolutely love a great story first over anything else, for the most part lol so in this case I’m going to hope it is in fact that good that I’ll be able to overlook potential “flaws.” toast
    Been awhile since I played it but I loved it. Definitely a memorable story to me and I bet on the Series X it would run incredible
    Awesome! Looking forward to grabbing it tonight! Gotta see what this story is all about! toast
    Matthew
  • agunZagunagunZagun183,134
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 02:07
    Of course Blue Dragon, Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory and Yakuza: Like A Dragon on sale at the same time. Dammit.
  • Dr MartyDr Marty793,756
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 02:08
    NullKueste921 said:
    Dr Marty said:
    Nice. 9.99 for the Witcher GoTY edition. Now I can start this game whenever and don't have to worry that this 200+h game will be removed from GP. Also this includes all DLC, which by themselves used to be 9.99.
    Be advised that the GOTY edition has another achievement list, same as the base game + DLC.
    Thanks for the notice. No problem though. I haven't started any version yet.
  • TurtzerkerTurtzerker441,557
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 02:20
    Must be the Lunar New Year sale.
  • JDawgg77JDawgg77196,029
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 02:45
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    wildwest08 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Guidality said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Might have to finally grab Dark Souls lll and Spec Ops The Line. Wonder how they’d hold up today, Anyone recently played either on Series X? toast
    Spec Ops is memorable for the story but has some of the worst third person shooter gameplay I've experienced. I think when people remember the game, they are only recalling the story and not how it actually played. I personally believe that it is a highly overrated title but I know I am in the minority with that opinion.
    Appreciate the feedback! I definitely know what you mean with regards to remembering something one way bc of how strong one aspect is, it almost removes the “negatives” from the mind. I absolutely love a great story first over anything else, for the most part lol so in this case I’m going to hope it is in fact that good that I’ll be able to overlook potential “flaws.” toast
    Been awhile since I played it but I loved it. Definitely a memorable story to me and I bet on the Series X it would run incredible
    Awesome! Looking forward to grabbing it tonight! Gotta see what this story is all about! toast
    Everyone's got an opinion and I respect that those opinions will vary. I really enjoyed Spec Ops story and gameplay. Once I was done, I was ready to play again just to see the details of how it develops knowing the end in store this go around. Also, I had no issues with the controls, in fact I remember being impressed with them at the time and third person shooters are my main style of play. Maybe they don't hold up compared to today's games as well as it's been eight years (!) since I played it last.
  • Posted on 09 February 21 at 02:49
    What does a guy gotta do to get some EA DLC on sale?
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw485,070
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 03:18, Edited on 09 February 21 at 03:21 by planchetflaw
    Do NOT touch Runestone Keeper. Even if it were $1.

    Also, I believe Winterbottom links to the wrong hub: The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom Price is the correct one.
  • Posted on 09 February 21 at 03:46
    Guidality said:
    Spec Ops is memorable for the story but has some of the worst third person shooter gameplay I've experienced. I think when people remember the game, they are only recalling the story and not how it actually played. I personally believe that it is a highly overrated title but I know I am in the minority with that opinion.
    Part of me still wonders if the gameplay wasn't intentionally bad to further the lampooning they were going of modern day third person shooters. Those last few levels literally felt like a bad parody of the genre.
  • deathchicken10deathchicken101,201,883
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 03:47
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Might have to finally grab Dark Souls lll and Spec Ops The Line. Wonder how they’d hold up today, Anyone recently played either on Series X? toast
    Haven't played Spec Ops since 2014 but I promise you it's just as incredible in 2021 as it was back then.
    Appreciate the quick response brotha, I’ve somehow managed to navigate the inter webs and avoid anything spoiler related after all this time if you can believe it lol So for the most part it’ll be a complete fresh experience for me. Will be picking this up finally! toast
    Just be wary, Spec Ops kind of messed me up the first time. Granted i was super baked, so play it with a clear head and it'll blow your mind.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,088,889
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 03:50
    deathchicken10 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Might have to finally grab Dark Souls lll and Spec Ops The Line. Wonder how they’d hold up today, Anyone recently played either on Series X? toast
    Haven't played Spec Ops since 2014 but I promise you it's just as incredible in 2021 as it was back then.
    Appreciate the quick response brotha, I’ve somehow managed to navigate the inter webs and avoid anything spoiler related after all this time if you can believe it lol So for the most part it’ll be a complete fresh experience for me. Will be picking this up finally! toast
    Just be wary, Spec Ops kind of messed me up the first time. Granted i was super baked, so play it with a clear head and it'll blow your mind.
    I’ll try my best laugh
    Matthew
  • pezboybenpezboyben751,370
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 04:52
    I've finally picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey as I recently played through Origins and loved every second of it. Will probably pick up one other cheap game for some gamerscore boost, just trying to decide which of the easy ones I'll allow myself to buy. I'm thinking She Sees Red as it has the highest rating of all the games I'm eyeing.
    They are the last kind I tried lol.
  • xXLILBRAZILxXLILBRAZIL476,189
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 05:07
    Getting Mafia 2: Definitive edition and possibly getting both dead rising 2 and off the record to complete my DR collection
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm473,185
  • ElyohElyoh869,257
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 06:14
    Kingdom hearts melody is on its first promotion, still not sure it's good enough to tip the scales for me though.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285419,141
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 07:00
    What ever happened to the discounts we were supposed to get for owning the other Mafia games with the Remaster? I know I remember reading about it and I've never seen anything else about it since
  • Posted on 09 February 21 at 07:07
    All them Lego games are MINE!!! clap
  • kriegirkriegir847,132
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 07:13
    Wow thats a big sale. But still not what I really want. Ion fury 😭
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.