The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: February 9th, 2021

• Posted on 12 February 21 at 01:20
    I can download regular games, but XBLA (like Winterbottom) games seem to be failing at 80%? Is anyone else getting this issue?
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan139,093
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 15:54
    PositiveDefinit said:
    I can download regular games, but XBLA (like Winterbottom) games seem to be failing at 80%? Is anyone else getting this issue?
    Read last week’s 360 roundup forum posts. There were several people posting on there about tips to troubleshoot this issue.
  • Silver SalvoSilver Salvo936,228
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 18:48
    BuckShotzNYC said:
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - easy 1000 G smile
    I wouldn't say that. It's not hard, but it's fairly long. 10/10 game.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,974
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 03:03
    Picked up Blue Dragon. For 5USD and 100 hrs to complete, I figure I'd get my money's worth.
  • k0pp0k0pp0460,119
    Posted on 14 February 21 at 11:18
    It's something that you can look at a sales list and say.. 'I think I have all of those already'. Scary
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,974
  • atryeu1atryeu1296,225
    Posted on 14 February 21 at 20:29
    Did anybody by the Winterbottom and get it downloaded successfully? I did see somebody else have problems and somebody mentioned the post in the last sales thread for fixes (but I actually was the one to post that one fix for downloading to an external drive and that is not fixing this one). It's different than the usual problem where it hangs at 79% and then resets and redownloads. This one resets at 79% to 0, jumps back to 78%, gets stuck at 79 and then resets again and this repeats 3-4 times before it says it can't download the game. It did the same thing trying to do it from the external drive. I cleared the cache multiple times for both HDs and tried again and same thing still. I've never had one do this before. Anybody else having this problem with this game and find a way to get it downloaded? Just trying over and over is wasting my bandwidth and I'm on a 60gb/month limit and this has already been over 1gb used with the attempts :(
  • Posted on 14 February 21 at 23:42
    atryeu1 said:
    Did anybody by the Winterbottom and get it downloaded successfully? I did see somebody else have problems and somebody mentioned the post in the last sales thread for fixes (but I actually was the one to post that one fix for downloading to an external drive and that is not fixing this one). It's different than the usual problem where it hangs at 79% and then resets and redownloads. This one resets at 79% to 0, jumps back to 78%, gets stuck at 79 and then resets again and this repeats 3-4 times before it says it can't download the game. It did the same thing trying to do it from the external drive. I cleared the cache multiple times for both HDs and tried again and same thing still. I've never had one do this before. Anybody else having this problem with this game and find a way to get it downloaded? Just trying over and over is wasting my bandwidth and I'm on a 60gb/month limit and this has already been over 1gb used with the attempts :(
    Yes, I tried the same things and they did not worked. I mentioned Winterbottom but did not buy it. I was trying to download Costume Quest and some XBLA trials like Ilomilo. I was able to download Final Fight XBLA trial and Killer is Dead (not XBLA). I checked twitter and a handful of people are complaining about the same thing. Maybe microsoft will fix the problem, although it took them 1-2 weeks to even fix the text formatting issue on the marketplace site.
  • atryeu1atryeu1296,225
    Posted on 15 February 21 at 02:09
    PositiveDefinit said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Yes, I tried the same things and they did not worked. I mentioned Winterbottom but did not buy it. I was trying to download Costume Quest and some XBLA trials like Ilomilo. I was able to download Final Fight XBLA trial and Killer is Dead (not XBLA). I checked twitter and a handful of people are complaining about the same thing. Maybe microsoft will fix the problem, although it took them 1-2 weeks to even fix the text formatting issue on the marketplace site.
    Yeah I don't know. I've been having the other issue where it holds at 79% and then resets fully for several months now but I found a way around that (which was the saving to external drive). This one is completely different though and I'm not finding a way around and had hoped somebody else did :( I sure hope it doesn't do it at the very end of the month when I try and redownload Dead Space 2 to my external drive because I don't have that kind of bandwidth to waste. 13gb download and I have 60gb/month so that's going to take a massive chunk out and won't be good if it does this same thing but I will be waiting until the final day or two before the bandwidth resets before I try that one. :(
  • RomerNakataRomerNakata131,951
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 21:45
    atryeu1 said:
    I'm getting the same issue. Bought Winterbottom and Prey from last sale, and I'm having this issue with Winterbottom.
  • atryeu1atryeu1296,225
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 21:49
    RomerNakata said:
    atryeu1 said:
    I'm getting the same issue. Bought Winterbottom and Prey from last sale, and I'm having this issue with Winterbottom.
    It's the XBLA games it seems. I'm seeing other people post on other sites about the exact same problem. I couldn't contact Xbox tech support about it though so not sure if somebody else knows a way? THeir site refused to let me contact them over the problem. I just downloaded Lost Planet 2 with no problems at all but the small game before that (so I could download LP2 to my external storage instead) was an XBLA and failed with the exact same problem :( It's dumb because I have this big list of games I am going to buy off sale and they were all XBLA but I'm not wasting money if I can't even download them :( I guess MS doesn't want my money -_-
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.