Game Discussion: Bully: Scholarship Edition (JP)

How play this version?

• xNotStopEvilxNotStopEvil274,125
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 14:20
    I bought this game for the weekly sale and I also have several saint rows .. My question is. If I change the region and re-download the game will I have this version or is it just in Japan available?
  • Posted on 09 February 21 at 14:51
    Changing you region will not change your game in any way, shape, or form. If you are looking for a region specific version, you need to buy it (again) from that marketplace- though that can be tricky due to currency issues.
    Hola
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 15:50
    I guess it would be impossible. Thanks for solving my questiontoast
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,395,339
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 16:08, Edited on 09 February 21 at 16:09 by Johnny Sinister
    It is true. With only a couple of exceptions, rights to different regions do not stack.

Buying Japanese games was easier in the 360 days, because now you cant use a credit card for Japanese marketplace purchases unless your card's billing address is in Japan.

Your best bet is finding a site that sells Yen cards. Also, searching in the Japanese marketplace can be tricky. If the game doesn't come up by title, try searching the developer or publisher and sort through the results.

Edit: my post seemed to be a bit late, lol.
  • Jawnie BJawnie B2,530,747
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 16:09
    You can buy a Japanese disc version and play it on the Xbox one since it's backwards compatible. I got my copy from ebay for a reasonable price, but just got the first achievement because most of the text it in jp
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 16:42
    Thanks guys, I looked around JP once and didn't find anything. I'll do the other boy's method .. I hope it's cheap hahatoast
  • GTAmissions1GTAmissions1481,838
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 18:45
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    Thanks guys, I looked around JP once and didn't find anything. I'll do the other boy's method .. I hope it's cheap hahatoast
    Here is a cheap listing. Especially since the shipping can be very expensive.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bully-Scholarship-Edition-360-Bethes...

The other option is ordering it through Solaris. That is where I have ordered physical Japanese games that are backwards compatible Xbox 360 games.

Xbox One is region free if playing physical games and will play Xbox 360 backwards compatible games from different regions. Can confirm that I have done this with multiple titles that are foreign stacks. Feel free to check my profile to verify.
  • Posted on 09 February 21 at 19:16
    GTAmissions1 said:
    Xbox One is region free if playing physical games and will play Xbox 360 backwards compatible games from different regions. Can confirm that I have done this with multiple titles that are foreign stacks. Feel free to check my profile to verify.
    I can also verify this. I have 10 or so Japanese games on my tag because I have the physical 360 copies installed on my XB1.
    Hola
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 19:40
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:

The other option is ordering it through Solaris. That is where I have ordered physical Japanese games that are backwards compatible Xbox 360 games.

Yes, take a look before, your help is incredible! Thanks a lot for the link! Good luck with the virus guystoast
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 20:33
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:

Yes, take a look before, your help is incredible! Thanks a lot for the link! Good luck with the virus guystoast
    Welcome. Especially since I know foreign stacks are pretty popular for those interested. Always happy to help.

Hope you get some foreign stacks. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions and I will do my best to respond.
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 20:37
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:

Welcome. Especially since I know foreign stacks are pretty popular for those interested. Always happy to help.

Hope you get some foreign stacks. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions and I will do my best to respond.
    What a nice person, thank you friend, I hope everyone was like that in the sessions! I made r7 JP thanks to game pass, I'm looking forward to buying a game in another language, I saw that there are many. There is one called bioschock that has too many languages!laugh
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 20:54
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:

What a nice person, thank you friend, I hope everyone was like that in the sessions! I made r7 JP thanks to game pass, I'm looking forward to buying a game in another language, I saw that there are many. There is one called bioschock that has too many languages!laugh
    There are a few. Depends on which version and game you are looking at. Noting the separate achievement stack and if digital, it is a separate product ID from the regular version.

Here are the versions I am aware of:

DE: Detusche Edition (Germany)
    EU: European Union
    EEU: Eastern European Union (Poland is the only accessible country with gift cards)
    JP: Japan (Z version if it is an adult's game like Resident Evil)
    KR: Korean
    RU: Russian

Japan games that are Z rated require a Japanese credit card. Only other option is waiting for it to come on Xbox Game Pass or buying a hard copy if one is available.
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 21:06
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    GTAmissions1 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:

There are a few. Depends on which version and game you are looking at. Noting the separate achievement stack and if digital, it is a separate product ID from the regular version.

Here are the versions I am aware of:

DE: Detusche Edition (Germany)
    EU: European Union
    EEU: Eastern European Union (Poland is the only accessible country with gift cards)
    JP: Japan (Z version if it is an adult's game like Resident Evil)
    KR: Korean
    RU: Russian

Japan games that are Z rated require a Japanese credit card. Only other option is waiting for it to come on Xbox Game Pass or buying a hard copy if one is available.
    Thank you very much friend. I have several games that have several versions .. A pity that you cannot change region or something like that hahaha, I'm from Spain, so it would be the EU. I have a the witcher 2, could that be double or just the base version?
    Posted on 09 February 21 at 21:20
    Since you are in Spain being in the European Union, the disc is programmed in EU. Noting that certain regions have a region code.

If you wanted the base version, you would have to purchase a copy that is in North America (NTSC-U or Region 1). In that case, it would use the ESRB (Entertainment Software Ratings Board) since they are responsible for ratings for that region. Granting that separate achievement stack.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl178,983
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 02:28
    GTAmissions1 said:
    If you wanted the base version, you would have to purchase a copy that is in North America (NTSC-U or Region 1). In that case, it would use the ESRB (Entertainment Software Ratings Board) since they are responsible for ratings for that region. Granting that separate achievement stack.
    Different ratings boards aren't necessarily the reason regional achievement stacks exist. Nearly all games have slightly different versions between regions, but very few actually have separate achievement lists.

The reason the Z rating in Japan has created stacks is because some publishers choose to sell two versions of a game: the uncensored Z version (which is usually more or less identical to the international version) and a censored version that can get a lower rating that will allow it to be sold more widely. For whatever reason though, the censored version usually ends up getting the same achievement list as the international version, while the Z version ends up becoming a separate stack.
    "You know what's funnier than 76? 77" - fabian907
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.