TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Vote now for March 2021's TA Playlist game

• Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,553,390
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 11:28, Edited on 10 February 21 at 11:28 by Legohead 1977
    I think Spyro will win, but I have only started Grim Fandango and I'm not ready to start any of the others...so that is where my vote goes.
    Legohead 1977
  • TwistTwist459,164
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 11:33
    Grim all the way!
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,512,959
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 12:56
    Voted Stellaris just to give people a challenge :)
  • CelticCorpseCelticCorpse654,211
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 13:28
    Lord Betus said:
    CelticCorpse said:
    The Noto said:
    Interesting. I'm going with Injustice just based on my DC love. Never played it though and I suck at fighting games, but maybe we can form some good boosting teams. Grim Fandango I already completed. I wouldn't mind Spyro though.
    Compared to other beat em ups, Injustice 2 isnt too bad to complete..like yourself im terrible at these kinda games but definitely doablesmile
    the problem with Injustice 2 is that there is one achievement that is correlated with getting a random item drop out of a loot box. Unless you are ridiculously lucky it will take you close to 200 hours just to get that last achievement.
    Lol yeah i forgot to mention the dreaded "cat call". I've heard of people being lucky and getting it fairly early on, personally took me an eternity laugh. Gameplay wise though its noob friendly 😁
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE688,608
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 15:36
    Spyro for sure! I played it a bit when it first released on wife's profile. It's a cute fun game. Not real sure about completing it yet. Haven't looked too much into it.
    I ASK NO ONE
  • Alchemist xPTKxAlchemist xPTKx1,364,920
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 16:30
    Grim, cause I already have it downloaded
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE425,089
    Posted on 10 February 21 at 18:12
    grim fandango for me. but I'm on a losing streak. haven't been able to play a TA playlist game for months now.

stop picking the worst ones, guys... please.
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,698
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 02:01
    Lord Betus said:
    CelticCorpse said:
    The Noto said:
    Interesting. I'm going with Injustice just based on my DC love. Never played it though and I suck at fighting games, but maybe we can form some good boosting teams. Grim Fandango I already completed. I wouldn't mind Spyro though.
    Compared to other beat em ups, Injustice 2 isnt too bad to complete..like yourself im terrible at these kinda games but definitely doablesmile
    the problem with Injustice 2 is that there is one achievement that is correlated with getting a random item drop out of a loot box. Unless you are ridiculously lucky it will take you close to 200 hours just to get that last achievement.
    Most folks aren’t skilled enough to get to that point. It’s a great enough game to warrant playing just for the story.

Also I keep hearing this I think people aren't being totally honest about the number of Gold and Platinum boxes you can get from the Multiverse. I think I have 200 unopened Platinums from the last time I played and it’s been at least 18 months.
  • Lord BetusLord Betus191,358
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 04:17
    TymanTheLong said:
    Lord Betus said:
    Most folks aren’t skilled enough to get to that point. It’s a great enough game to warrant playing just for the story.

Also I keep hearing this I think people aren't being totally honest about the number of Gold and Platinum boxes you can get from the Multiverse. I think I have 200 unopened Platinums from the last time I played and it’s been at least 18 months.
    I have completed it. Took me 230 hours. I opened buttloads of platnium boxes. Trust me the boxes do nothing. You might get one or two abilities out of 100 of them. Each character has between 6 and 10 abilities. The fastest way to get it is by doing the random ability towers in the multiverse but those only come a few times per week.

Trust me, worst completion I have done. I eventually had to do it from getting all the guild credits and doing the Catwoman challenges in the multiverse. Which requires you to have 3000 minutes of in game playtime with her. Problem being loading screens, wait/time etc. I just want to encourage people not to go for the completion, play the story sure, but the completion sucks booty
  • Posted on 11 February 21 at 10:54
    Voted for Spyro Reignited Trilogy, gameplay looks great and full of volume.

Shocked to see Stellaris here to become 1 of the options, can't forget what the devs did to gamers who originally supported the game by intentionally making their save data incompatible for the DLC launches last year. I've never heard of any devs/pubs would waste save data for whatever reasons on Xbox, this decision/behavior is totally intolerable. As well as the infamous Survival Mars mod incident. Simulation and strategy games usually take 50+ hours to complete and some even takes 200+ hours, THIS IS NOT FUNNY. Paradox Interactive games better be avoided for this. They need to show some respects to gamers who invest tons of time on their games, and who knows next time they won't do the same damn thing again giving whatever reason.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,358,965
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 16:41
    Spoiler alert: Stellaris is the right answer.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,358,965
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 16:43
    PhantomPlanetAP said:

Shocked to see Stellaris here to become 1 of the options, can't forget what the devs did to gamers who originally supported the game by intentionally making their save data incompatible for the DLC launches last year. I've never heard of any devs/pubs would waste save data for whatever reasons on Xbox, this decision/behavior is totally intolerable. As well as the infamous Survival Mars mod incident. Simulation and strategy games usually take 50+ hours to complete and some even takes 200+ hours, THIS IS NOT FUNNY. Paradox Interactive games better be avoided for this. They need to show some respects to gamers who invest tons of time on their games, and who knows next time they won't do the same damn thing again giving whatever reason.
    The whole game changed planetside. The way they update, upgrade and progress - total change. The same thing happened to the PC release two years before. Can't say you didn't know it was coming.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Posted on 11 February 21 at 17:35
    C64 Mat said:
    PhantomPlanetAP said:

The whole game changed planetside. The way they update, upgrade and progress - total change. The same thing happened to the PC release two years before. Can't say you didn't know it was coming.
    The game might had changed but the dev’s deed caused many players lost their saves, more importantly, their passion and time toward it, it cannot be reversed. It’s a problem beyond the quality of their games, simply consumers’ trust. Tons of games are having updates/fixes/new DLC releases everyday but NOT a single game intentionally would waste save data like this. I feel sorry for those who had their save data deleted and deeply understand how they felt. So the devs may do it again just like last year for new DLCs? They better don’t, next time surely all consumers will be lost.
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 20:58
    Lord Betus said:
    I just want to encourage people not to go for the completion, play the story sure, but the completion sucks booty
    Oh you and I definitely agree there, this isn’t one for completion for most folks, I’d put State of Decay 2 in the same category (if you include the DLCs which are now free in the base game), amazing game but you should enjoy spending occasional time in it just for the heck of it if you are going to complete it.
  • Lord BetusLord Betus191,358
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 04:26
    TymanTheLong said:
    Lord Betus said:
    I just want to encourage people not to go for the completion, play the story sure, but the completion sucks booty
    Oh you and I definitely agree there, this isn’t one for completion for most folks, I’d put State of Decay 2 in the same category (if you include the DLCs which are now free in the base game), amazing game but you should enjoy spending occasional time in it just for the heck of it if you are going to complete it.
    Oh god dude. State of decay 2 made me really mad lol. Had the completion before the DLC dropped, then DLC 1 came out and it gave me one achievement randomly and took my completion away even though I never bought the DLC or even played the game lol. I dont want to play it another 100+ hours. Im good. lol. Im glad to know I am not alone on suffering from that or Injustice hahaha
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 06:14
    Lord Betus said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Lord Betus said:
    Oh god dude. State of decay 2 made me really mad lol. Had the completion before the DLC dropped, then DLC 1 came out and it gave me one achievement randomly and took my completion away even though I never bought the DLC or even played the game lol. I dont want to play it another 100+ hours. Im good. lol. Im glad to know I am not alone on suffering from that or Injustice hahaha
    Yeah every SoD2 DLC came with a title update that also had achievements, some of those title update achievements usually popped as soon as you loaded the game as they were for things an avid player would have already done.

Honestly I just don’t worry about completion in stuff like SoD2, it’s a fun game and completion would mean grinding Daybreak DLC a lot which I don’t feel like. I just drive around and kill zombies to earn Bounty Broker gear, lol.
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,402,922
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 23:20
    Voting for Spyro.

It has been a while since a TA playlist that I had any interest playing.

Looking to revisit this series.
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 00:15
    Oh I'd love to play Spyro, just not enough to buy it sadly. I was never THAT into it as a kid. But Crash, yeah I bought the remaster when it came out.
    Still waiting for the Crash Bash remaster. Come on devs, that game was awesome.
  • PALOFGAMESPALOFGAMES407,319
    Posted on 14 February 21 at 19:37
    Finished Spyro so going with Grim but if there's anyone who hasn't ever played Spyro it's worth it 100%!
    .POG.
  • Posted on 22 February 21 at 00:03
    Still wish the podcasts for the Playlists had not ended. I really enjoyed listening to them, and I would be just fine if they kept going but were shorter or simpler. I know a lot of work went into them and it was too hard to keep up. For me, it was the most interesting aspect of the Playlists.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.