Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Instant series collections from the current Xbox sales

  • Vr EnglishVr English748,165
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 09:41
    Zorlac0666 said:
    You Completely left out Symphony of the Night which most consider the best castlevania ever made.
    You didn't read the article :P. I agree with your point about it being the best castlevania though. Genre defining.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 11 February 21 at 10:02
    I love this, this is a great way I really hope more games do this love the series getting put together and also being cheap in the sale
    If only this website was made to help everyone get achievements. Too many selfish people on here, I call them twats
  • SnapDragonSnapDragon1,421,699
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 10:18, Edited on 11 February 21 at 10:18 by SnapDragon
    Great article! Love the shout-out to Harmony of Despair, which is an amazing and unique entry in the Castlevania series. I really wish it had sold better so we could see other games in that strange "multiplayer-rpg-platformer" genre.
  • supkrissupkris944,799
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 11:06
    Nice thought and the opening paragraph is well written. Kudos.
    All these are good series but kingdom hearts entire collection is also on sale and worth the mention. Been thinking to get into that for a long time but gamepass keeps adding new games and not getting enough time for it
  • OnkelAndi76OnkelAndi76232,214
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 11:59
    The original Bioshock still has one of the best story-twist in video-game-history!
    Too bad, that you can't go back in time and relive this "WOW!"-moment...
  • Posted on 11 February 21 at 12:11
    supkris said:
    Nice thought and the opening paragraph is well written. Kudos.
    All these are good series but kingdom hearts entire collection is also on sale and worth the mention. Been thinking to get into that for a long time but gamepass keeps adding new games and not getting enough time for it
    Thanks! KH only just missed out... had to stop somewhere and would like to go bigger with the idea of series-specific articles about how to get into them and where to start. I'm not sure I could change someone's mind about Kingdom Hearts in just a paragraph, but a longer, dedicated piece might just do the trick! Will likely kick that off with Final Fantasy, as I'm always seeing discourse around where to begin and what to avoid if you're new to the series, and KH would make a great (and logical) follow-up to that, I think.
  • Rista BRista B579,826
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 12:15
    Like the article. Most of these I'll never touch but definitely recommend the Bioshock series. First time I played Bioshock it was an amazing experience. Borderlands has its moments and really enjoyed the first one, haven't tried 3 yet but picked it up cheap over the holidays. Mafia, have the 3rd one to start at some point and probably will never get back to the others.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou306,785
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 12:37, Edited on 11 February 21 at 12:39 by SheBeatsYou
    Dark Souls is pure magic. There are 3 bosses that are a headache. 2 of which you can summon NPC help and the 3rd can be cheesed. Every other boss and location is just muscle memory like any other game. Plus you have wikis and guides to help. Everyone should try it.

    Just don't forget the ring that let's u walk in water back at the asylum before u go to blighttown. Alot of new gamers struggle there because they can't traverse the water quickly. I even made the mistake a few times. 😄
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,274,569
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 12:49
    Some great series to play. I'm a huge MGS fan and just wish we could have had MGS 1 or Twin Snakes on Xbox
  • LeoCosAffoLeoCosAffo237,611
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 13:45
    Graymawr said:
    If the Guardians of the Galaxy game can get relisted, take my money!
    +1

    I just don't have this game and Minecraft SM2... Microsoft could bring back this title too...
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,732
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 14:17
    Great article about some truly phenomenal series.
  • Stoic SlabStoic Slab395,154
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 14:29
    DYN0MITE DAVE said:
    You're only missing 1 and 4. I just watched them on Youtube, there's a great channel for it. Although it's a shame not to actually play 1, each game reiterates it with better gameplay. And 4 is just a movie anyways. I don't know anyone that actually liked the game out of all of them
    Nah. If I were to Youtube one, I'd might as well Youtube the rest of them - which defeats the purpose of playing games. Neither would playing them on old hardware be desirable as that's more trouble than it's worth. I'd rather pay for the convenience of having them all in one place than stitching the experience together through multiple consoles, emulators, and/or watching someone else play them.

    I'm well aware that the chances of a MGS collection on Xbox are slim to none, but those are my conditions.

    Your move, Konami.
  • Posted on 11 February 21 at 15:22
    Is there any way to give the author a thumbs up on this? I think the concept of the article & the article itself are very good.
    Killin' grubs is my business and business is good.
  • BobBoxBody29BobBoxBody29362,509
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 16:55
    I just finished the remastered Mafia and liked it. Didn't even try the achievement for finishing on Classic difficulty. No thank you. I really liked Mafia 3. The DLC was meh, but the main game was quite good. I liked the main characters and the setting of New Orleans was a great setting.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,732
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 17:06
    BobBoxBody29 said:
    I just finished the remastered Mafia and liked it. Didn't even try the achievement for finishing on Classic difficulty. No thank you. I really liked Mafia 3. The DLC was meh, but the main game was quite good. I liked the main characters and the setting of New Orleans was a great setting.
    Mafia III has had some pretty bad bugs and glitches. It's unfortunate because it is otherwise a good game--compelling plot, complex characters, good dramatic pacing. The combat is not its strong point but neither it it a weak point.

    There are two aspects of the game, in my view, that are exceptional and make it worth playing in spite of the bugs. The first is the plot reversal at the end of the prologue--no spoilers here but it delivers the mother of all gut punches. The second is the soundtrack. Even if you were not 16 years old, as I was, in 1968 and have the nostalgia factor; the Mafia III soundtrack is phenomenal. The licensing fees for the original songs must have cost 2K a pretty penny. It is sheer joy riding around listening to classics from the 60s.
  • Posted on 11 February 21 at 17:45
    KindBunny957018 said:
    Is there any way to give the author a thumbs up on this? I think the concept of the article & the article itself are very good.
    Your kind words here will suffice. Thanks!
  • supkrissupkris944,799
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 18:11
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    supkris said:
    Nice thought and the opening paragraph is well written. Kudos.
    All these are good series but kingdom hearts entire collection is also on sale and worth the mention. Been thinking to get into that for a long time but gamepass keeps adding new games and not getting enough time for it
    Thanks! KH only just missed out... had to stop somewhere and would like to go bigger with the idea of series-specific articles about how to get into them and where to start. I'm not sure I could change someone's mind about Kingdom Hearts in just a paragraph, but a longer, dedicated piece might just do the trick! Will likely kick that off with Final Fantasy, as I'm always seeing discourse around where to begin and what to avoid if you're new to the series, and KH would make a great (and logical) follow-up to that, I think.
    Thanks that’s a neat idea. Looking forward to it
  • WilliamRSPOAWilliamRSPOA379,905
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 18:23
    Another great article
  • PinckneyPinckney103,392
    Posted on 11 February 21 at 18:25
    Great article. I own most of these games for 360 through gwg but have yet to touch them. I highly recommend the MGS series though, especially 3. That is one of my all time favorite games.
    Pinckney
  • Silver SalvoSilver Salvo936,366
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 05:54
    Interesting
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.