Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Instant series collections from the current Xbox sales

• Posted on 12 February 21 at 08:19
    metal gear...?
  • Posted on 12 February 21 at 12:54
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    I just want the Doom Eternal DLC or Season Pass to go on sale
    Best bet is to buy the Deluxe Edition, you'll get the season pass and the game itself. It's on sale right now!
    I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
  • BuckShotzNYCBuckShotzNYC772,919
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 15:16
    Borderlands for Life rock
    same .
  • Vokul VeganVokul Vegan319,461
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 15:58
    Ooooo good article.
    Stay Frosty
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR301,765
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 16:29
    The Phantom Pain alone will take 200-odd hours to complete
    I did it twice... and I enjoyed every minute.
    kudos on the well written article btw.
  • Posted on 12 February 21 at 16:51
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Stoic Slab said:
    I've never touched a Metal Gear Solid game. I would only consider doing so under the probably unlikely condition that all of the main series games be re-released on Xbox. Remakes being ideal; simple ports being acceptable.
    Never gonna happen even if MS bought Konami. Sony and Konami won't even touch MGS 4 with a 1000 foot pole. There have been discussions about how insanely hard the ps3 is to program for. It's 99.9999% impossible to port that game. Even the PS3 emulators which can run tons of ps3 games struggles with that game. It would have to be re-made from the ground up. Since Konami fired Kojima and Konami is more than happy to just make cellphone games and pachinko games, they would not commit 1 yen to get that game re-released. MGS 4 being playable on anything at all other than a ps3 is probably one of the most unlikely events in the entire world. Trust me this truth pains me greatly. I keep my PS3 around because there are so many great ps3 only games. But my ps3 controller broke and ps4 controllers have issues with some games... like MGS 4. I don't feel like getting another ps3 controller.
    OT maybe but what are some good PS3 only games that you would recommend?
  • erod550erod5501,194,081
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 18:17, Edited on 12 February 21 at 18:19 by erod550
    AgateComic20990 said:
    God of War I, II, & Ascension (III was remastered on PS4)
    inFAMOUS 1 & 2
    LittleBigPlanet (though it has a ton of discontinued trophies now)

That's all I can think of that didn't get remasters or ports on PS4/5 already like the Uncharted series, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, Journey, Demon's Souls.

If you're into sports games, all of the MLB The Show games going back to 2007 are really good and you can pick them up for like a dollar if there's a particular year's team you like and would want to play with.
  • x athiktos xx athiktos x215,194
    Posted on 12 February 21 at 22:34
    I have BioShock Infinite from GwG; it's the 360 version. I'm going to pick up this collection to play all the remastered versions instead of the free 360. Looking forward to it, for sure.
    I tlain you life!
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 00:34
    AgateComic20990 said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Stoic Slab said:
    I've never touched a Metal Gear Solid game. I would only consider doing so under the probably unlikely condition that all of the main series games be re-released on Xbox. Remakes being ideal; simple ports being acceptable.
    Never gonna happen even if MS bought Konami. Sony and Konami won't even touch MGS 4 with a 1000 foot pole. There have been discussions about how insanely hard the ps3 is to program for. It's 99.9999% impossible to port that game. Even the PS3 emulators which can run tons of ps3 games struggles with that game. It would have to be re-made from the ground up. Since Konami fired Kojima and Konami is more than happy to just make cellphone games and pachinko games, they would not commit 1 yen to get that game re-released. MGS 4 being playable on anything at all other than a ps3 is probably one of the most unlikely events in the entire world. Trust me this truth pains me greatly. I keep my PS3 around because there are so many great ps3 only games. But my ps3 controller broke and ps4 controllers have issues with some games... like MGS 4. I don't feel like getting another ps3 controller.
    OMG, Killzone 2 and 3 are AMAZING Fps games. FPS was not popular on PS3 back then and 360 was king shooters, so many people never played them. Those games had some of the best sound design on any FPS. The story was cool, the design was cool. The feel of the guns was amazing. The only other FPS I can really compare it to in terms of sound design and the crack of the gun is BF3 and BF4. Killzone on PS4 feels almost nothing like ps3 killzones.

The Restiance trilogy was pretty good. Infamous 1 and 2. Little Big Planet (but I did not care for those games)

I think everything else major got a re-released on PS4 like the Ratchet and Clank games and God of War 3.
    Cool story bro.
  • Stoic SlabStoic Slab395,172
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 01:40
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    OMG, Killzone 2 and 3 are AMAZING Fps games. FPS was not popular on PS3 back then and 360 was king shooters, so many people never played them. Those games had some of the best sound design on any FPS. The story was cool, the design was cool. The feel of the guns was amazing. The only other FPS I can really compare it to in terms of sound design and the crack of the gun is BF3 and BF4. Killzone on PS4 feels almost nothing like ps3 killzones.

The Restiance trilogy was pretty good. Infamous 1 and 2. Little Big Planet (but I did not care for those games)

I think everything else major got a re-released on PS4 like the Ratchet and Clank games and God of War 3.
    The only Ratchet and Clank game on the PS4 was the 2016 "reboot." None of the older games made it over, unfortunately.
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339467,437
    Posted on 14 February 21 at 17:42, Edited on 14 February 21 at 17:45 by zoidberg1339
    Disagree with Borderlands 2 being the best. It has more of a story than the first game, but half the weapons are stupid and useless and the enemy difficulty scaling is all jacked up.

Also BioShock 2 doesn’t get the credit it deserves. I think a non-insignificant amount of this is due to it criticizing left wing collectivist ideology rather than right wing ideologies like Randian Objectivism or American Ethnonationalism. BioShock 2 hits a little too close to home for many people in the video game journalism space methinks.
    I just wanted to play video games.
  • berrrnardberrrnard6,209
    Posted on 15 February 21 at 01:32
    Skinfasst said:
    berrrnard said:
    I assume all the Doom games are going to be coming to Game Pass once the acquisition has gone through, so it may be a waste to buy those games if you're subscribed.
    Assume away.
    Since they're published by Bethesda it would make sense for Microsoft to make them available on Game Pass. Obviously I can't be certain, but there's really no reason they wouldn't.
  • SkinfasstSkinfasst398,742
    Posted on 15 February 21 at 07:30
    berrrnard said:
    Since they're published by Bethesda it would make sense for Microsoft to make them available on Game Pass. Obviously I can't be certain, but there's really no reason they wouldn't.
    I don't necessarily think that every Bethesda game will automatically enter Game Pass tho'...
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm468,724
    Posted on 18 February 21 at 16:54
    I wish, whenever a game goes on sale, that the DLC also goes on sale.
  • PsiScreamPsiScream443,477
    Posted on 10 March 21 at 17:56
    WebMan said:
    I have been on the fence about Borderlands for years. I know that it is a highly rated series but is geared towards coop for maximum fun. I am interested in single player games. Is it worth playing solo?
    Depends on you I would say. Do you play games like Battlefront, Rocket League, and Call of Duty solo? If so, then you are mostly looking at fun gameplay rather than a social experience, and I think you'll find plenty of fun in the Borderlands series. There isn't a ton of story in BL1, but it sets the stage very critically for BL2. BL3 I do play, but haven't enjoyed it as much.

Borderlands is one of my favorite series on xbox so it's tough for me not to recommend it. There's a lot of fun to be had, and if you do have someone you can co-op with, the game has some of the best drop-in drop-out enemy scaling in all of gaming.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.