Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dirt 5, Elite: Dangerous, Wreckfest, and more coming soon to Xbox Game Pass

• LockieLockie747,789
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 16:17
    Nice additions. I've never played a Dirt game before but will definitely try out Dirt 5 as it's Series X optimised. Wish I had the time to play Pillars of Eternity 2 though.
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • Posted on 16 February 21 at 16:20
    Dirt 5, did not expect that one so soon!
  • Sol76Sol761,139,918
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 16:30, Edited on 16 February 21 at 16:32 by Sol76
    aeeroO said:
    PolacoForever said:
    MeetTheCynic said:
    Is Dirt 5 an easy completion? The list and ratio make it look that way but I’ve seen people say they’ve had trouble with it.
    Easy list but the travel 10,000 miles achievement is a grind
    They lowered it to 1000 miles its not so hard anymore i still don't get it why there is so low completed
    Because after the career you are around 45/50% of the 1000 miles needed and there is really not much to do than playground races. There is a "rubberband" method but still a pain.
  • KiddingPigeonKiddingPigeon1,053,227
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 16:30
    aeeroO said:
    PolacoForever said:
    MeetTheCynic said:
    Is Dirt 5 an easy completion? The list and ratio make it look that way but I’ve seen people say they’ve had trouble with it.
    Easy list but the travel 10,000 miles achievement is a grind
    They lowered it to 1000 miles its not so hard anymore i still don't get it why there is so low completed
    The game is soulless, like FH2 when all that is left is finishing the championships.
    I'm halfway through D5 and can only stomach 5 races with each play before boredom creeps in.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 February 21 at 16:30
    Damn, Dirt 5, that's real good addition. Came so close to buying it before from how the Amplified edition was on sale some time ago but glad I didn't now.

Just worried that all the eventual DLC will have achievements like previous CM games often had, even after once Dirt 5 finally leaves game pass.
  • Blue RadiumBlue Radium1,229,243
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 16:37
    And Elite Dangerous continues its warpath to being the highest TA points game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:04
    Omfg dirt 5 and wreakfeast now that’s what I’m talking about
    If only this website was made to help everyone get achievements. Too many selfish people on here, I call them twats
  • Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:05
    That’s lucky, I was toying with buying dirt 5 at half price from the store, glad I held off
  • LarentixLarentix173,340
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:10
    I'd say these are pretty good additions!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead710,010
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:35, Edited on 16 February 21 at 17:36 by HolyHalfDead
    SheBeatsYou said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    I am shocked that Minecraft PC is still not on GPU. I guess it's too much of a money maker maybe?
    If they want to make people pay the $5 extra a month for ultimate, you'd think having it would help drive GPU sales.
    I don't get it either. The DLC purchases carry over between the versions regardless. It's kinda bullshit that it's not play anywhere as well. It's one of the only MS-owned IP that isn't. When I take my kids to work sometimes it would be hella nice if they could play it on PC n stop asking me a zillion questions LOL
    Or xCloud for countries that have it. I tested my internet speed at work - 1gbps up / 1gbps down, not that xCloud is available in NZ. The speed is actually throttled by my NIC from 30gbps.

Minecraft Dungeons is available, but it’s not the same.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,285,221
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:44
    Perhaps we can revive the pvp mode in elite dangerous

Code vein is awful

Superhot is neat but has a stupid final achievement
  • mapphewmapphew528,065
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:47
    Both Dirt 5 and Wreckfest are both pretty easy completions in my opinion. For Dirt 5, just be aware that the 1,000 miles achievement can be a bit buggy, and it may stop counting the miles. They may have released a patch to fix this issue, but if they haven't, the way to fix this is hard resetting your console.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,721,118
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:52
    Elite is one of the best games I have EVER played. The scope is... incredible. I only bought it in May, and I've seriously dropped 1000 hours into it. And yeah, I jump from game to game too, but there's always Elite.

Don't let the rumors of a steep curve turn you away. The community is AMAZING, and there are plenty of us here and elsewhere that will help you through the whole thing.

Welcome aboard, Commanders! O7
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • crewdycrewdy707,189
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 17:54, Edited on 16 February 21 at 17:57 by crewdy
    Shameless plug for my Dirt 5 walkthrough:
    DIRT 5 Walkthrough

Easy game, but if you are expecting it to play like 4 you are in for a BIG shock. It’s a totally different game, and as a massive fan of the franchise, a really poor addition to the series all in all.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv810,811
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 18:21
    Don't waste your time on Dirt 5, play Elite: Dangerous and Wreckfest instead.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • SkrubitsSkrubits945,336
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 18:27
    Haha! Glad I didn’t give Codies any money for DIRT 5.
  • ATCSATCS1,221,458
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 18:39
    Dirt 5 has no soul and is a major letdown. I also bought it last week on sale for $50. Oh well.
  • NeoMassterNeoMasster575,942
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 18:56
    Dirt 5 :D
    Selling warframe Platinum, I'm going to give up my favorite game for a while and I have too much platinum. I love Warframe and Destiny. Warframe <3
  • Posted on 16 February 21 at 19:48
    Can't wait to see the ratio inflations on Elite Dangerous. An absolute experience of a game though. Nothing like it
  • BuckShotzNYCBuckShotzNYC1,052,315
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 20:40
    OMG DIRT 5 . yeeeees, headspin rock
    Wreckfest , i have 1000Gs roll , but its a Great Game. dance
    same .
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.