Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dirt 5, Elite: Dangerous, Wreckfest, and more coming soon to Xbox Game Pass

• EveryBaseEveryBase463,710
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 20:58
    Sashamorning said:
    Elite is one of the best games I have EVER played. The scope is... incredible. I only bought it in May, and I've seriously dropped 1000 hours into it. And yeah, I jump from game to game too, but there's always Elite.

Don't let the rumors of a steep curve turn you away. The community is AMAZING, and there are plenty of us here and elsewhere that will help you through the whole thing.

Welcome aboard, Commanders! O7
    Did they ever add a SP mode?
  • 粉丝游戏粉丝游戏1,087,674
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 21:04
    we´re still waiting for FFX ,rock
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,285,221
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 21:15, Edited on 16 February 21 at 21:17 by Paul Laserbeam
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Elite is one of the best games I have EVER played. The scope is... incredible. I only bought it in May, and I've seriously dropped 1000 hours into it. And yeah, I jump from game to game too, but there's always Elite.

Don't let the rumors of a steep curve turn you away. The community is AMAZING, and there are plenty of us here and elsewhere that will help you through the whole thing.

That's not how the game works, whether or not you interact with other players is up to you. You can go on your journey solo. This is excluding the pvp mode, of course. That being said, it is certainly possible for a player to come after you, especially if you're found carrying high value cargo but the odds of that happening are astronomically low. Sasha may have more insight on the subject.

But to answer your question, I don't recall there being a sp mode
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 21:16
    粉丝游戏#1371 said:
    we´re still waiting for FFX ,rock
    Same, im trying to blast through a few 360 games first before its added to gp
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,721,118
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 21:37
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sashamorning said:

That's not how the game works, whether or not you interact with other players is up to you. You can go on your journey solo. This is excluding the pvp mode, of course. That being said, it is certainly possible for a player to come after you, especially if you're found carrying high value cargo but the odds of that happening are astronomically low. Sasha may have more insight on the subject.

If you play in solo, you will never encounter another player in game. All of the background simulation and powerplay is based on everyone playing. Also, carriers move across platforms. I took my carrier across the galaxy over the last month, and Xbox, PC, and PS players were all on board, even though we couldn't directly interact in game. (There's a Discord set up with channels fur each carrier of you register. )

But yes, you can play all of it single player if you want to.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 16 February 21 at 21:58
    So glad I didn't buy Dirt 5 day one! I was hoping it was eventually gonna make its way to game pass and now it has! smile
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 22:00
    Sashamorning said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sashamorning said:

If you play in solo, you will never encounter another player in game. All of the background simulation and powerplay is based on everyone playing. Also, carriers move across platforms. I took my carrier across the galaxy over the last month, and Xbox, PC, and PS players were all on board, even though we couldn't directly interact in game. (There's a Discord set up with channels fur each carrier of you register. )

So there is a "solo" mode?
  • slreconslrecon928,633
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 22:33
    glad i didnt buy dirt 5 a few weeks ago
  • CasualExileCasualExile2,317,997
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 22:36
    Hopefully, Code Vein gets a Windows stack. It was a game I enjoyed quite a lot, even despite all its problems and I only played it a month ago so I should be able to just blitz through it.
    Sleeping is for sensible people, which is why I don't do it.
  • bloodlands 666bloodlands 6661,338,617
    Posted on 16 February 21 at 22:44
    Might go for elite dangerous looks like a life wrecker
  • Relentless879Relentless8791,916,749
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 00:06
    Sashamorning said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sashamorning said:

You can still see the system messages of other players on solo mode like in community goal or mining areas, but don’t see them, will those players see your message if you reply?

At least those CQC sessions will start filling up again

How far out from the bubble are you now? Beyond Sag A?
    You could just enter the black hole, or you got plenty of data to sell
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz860,136
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 00:18
    Yeah, Wreckfest! I kept inching closer to buying it as the price continued to come down, now I'll be able to give it a test drive and pick it up afterwards if I enjoy it enough.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin541,821
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 00:24
    You will need to dedicated boost Killer Queen to get Obaidian rank
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,114,424
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 01:39
    Ugh, pretty pissed tbh. Bought Wreckfest like 2 weeks ago when it was on sale. Not that it wasn't worth it or anything it was a pretty ok racer, but it always chaps my ass when something joins this close to me dropping cash on it...
  • ZefphZefph748,820
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 02:13
    Great, I just bought DIRT 5...
  • ChuckVBChuckVB134,829
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 02:21
    Nice gamepass continues to be the best value in gaming
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,721,118
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 02:57, Edited on 17 February 21 at 02:58 by Sashamorning
    Relentless879 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sashamorning said:

You can still see the system messages of other players on solo mode like in community goal or mining areas, but don’t see them, will those players see your message if you reply?

At least those CQC sessions will start filling up again

How far out from the bubble are you now? Beyond Sag A?
    Yes, there's a solo mode, an open mode, and a private mode that you can play with people you choose. It's really the best of all worlds. Even if you see other chatter in the system, you won't actually encounter other players unless you choose to play open (or private).

I don't know if they can read my messages because I usually ignore the trolls.

We're back now. Sag A, Beagle, Colonia, home in about 2 and s half weeks. Had a blast, LOTS of exploration data. If anyone wants a quick exploration elite, that's totally how to go about it.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 03:46
    Sashamorning said:
    Yes, there's a solo mode, an open mode, and a private mode that you can play with people you choose.
    Fair enough, I must not have noticed. Always played in "open" I suppose.
  • Posted on 17 February 21 at 05:00
    Might pick up Dirt 5 and Killer Black Queensmile
  • ChettlarChettlar284,472
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 06:52
    I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with getting the Dirt 5 completion ASAP. It's going to have a bunch of DLC. It's your own fault if you obsessively grind it out immediately and then hate how boring that is. Like, do it when there's new content maybe?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.