Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dirt 5, Elite: Dangerous, Wreckfest, and more coming soon to Xbox Game Pass

• V3ntilatorV3ntilator224,205
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 07:12
    Ludio Nomen said:
    Just bought Elite Dngerous :/

Then again, with the scope of the game I guess it's worth owning for the long term.
    I bought it recently too, but it's a game to own anyway as it's a endless one.
  • SkinfasstSkinfasst458,883
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 09:02
    Anyone know if the loading times for Pillars of Eternity are as bad as they used to be?
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw808,860
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 12:11
    Dirt 5 and Wreckfest are instant YES games for me.
  • Posted on 17 February 21 at 12:22
    Nice lineup, I already own Wreckfest, Elite Dangerous and I think I have the base game of POE2. Might try Dirt and the little indie though or maybe try POE2 again. Wreckfest is a great game but I could never get into ED. Space combat flight sims aren't for me, more of a NMS kinda guy there. The recent news about boots on the ground might be enough to get me into it though.
  • Posted on 17 February 21 at 13:29
    Skinfasst said:
    Anyone know if the loading times for Pillars of Eternity are as bad as they used to be?
    Last time I gave it a try it was still really bad and I haven't seen any updates recently. I've put it on hold until I can get my hands on a series X hoping that will improve the situation. On my one it feels like I spend more time waiting on the loading screen than actually playing sometimes...
  • RDSRDS408,631
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 14:39
    Flabyo said:
    Join us in Elite Dangerous, one of the longest grindiest achievement lists you’ll find outside of a Gears game!

Some of those are already insanely high ratio... with the go-uppity from being on gamepass some might break four figures.
    At least with Elite, it makes a lot more sense, being a massive space sim laugh
  • EveryBaseEveryBase463,710
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 15:21
    Sashamorning said:
    Relentless879 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Elite is one of the best games I have EVER played. The scope is... incredible. I only bought it in May, and I've seriously dropped 1000 hours into it. And yeah, I jump from game to game too, but there's always Elite.

Don't let the rumors of a steep curve turn you away. The community is AMAZING, and there are plenty of us here and elsewhere that will help you through the whole thing.

Welcome aboard, Commanders! O7
    Did they ever add a SP mode?
    That's not how the game works, whether or not you interact with other players is up to you. You can go on your journey solo. This is excluding the pvp mode, of course. That being said, it is certainly possible for a player to come after you, especially if you're found carrying high value cargo but the odds of that happening are astronomically low. Sasha may have more insight on the subject.

But to answer your question, I don't recall there being a sp mode
    If you play in solo, you will never encounter another player in game. All of the background simulation and powerplay is based on everyone playing. Also, carriers move across platforms. I took my carrier across the galaxy over the last month, and Xbox, PC, and PS players were all on board, even though we couldn't directly interact in game. (There's a Discord set up with channels fur each carrier of you register. )

But yes, you can play all of it single player if you want to.
    You can still see the system messages of other players on solo mode like in community goal or mining areas, but don’t see them, will those players see your message if you reply?

At least those CQC sessions will start filling up again

How far out from the bubble are you now? Beyond Sag A?
    Yes, there's a solo mode, an open mode, and a private mode that you can play with people you choose. It's really the best of all worlds. Even if you see other chatter in the system, you won't actually encounter other players unless you choose to play open (or private).

I don't know if they can read my messages because I usually ignore the trolls.

We're back now. Sag A, Beagle, Colonia, home in about 2 and s half weeks. Had a blast, LOTS of exploration data. If anyone wants a quick exploration elite, that's totally how to go about it.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was going to download it and give it a try solo until I saw all the achievements and DLC. Think ill pass I can't get into a game this big anymore. Glad you have been having fun. It looks awesome just not for me these days.
  • RevRico420RevRico420289,473
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 18:23
    Chettlar said:
    I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with getting the Dirt 5 completion ASAP. It's going to have a bunch of DLC. It's your own fault if you obsessively grind it out immediately and then hate how boring that is. Like, do it when there's new content maybe?
    It's just not good, so people want to get it over with. I got it for Xmas, haven't touched it since new years.
    "Play how you want to play, only the events you're into" bullshit, unless you like land rushes constantly.

My favorite in the series is still Dirt 3. That, to me, was the right blend of arcade and sim, and if I felt like it I could just pop it in and screw around in a moderately sized gymkhana playground. Can't do that with 5, unless you like really tight courses with really numb controls, and doing 20+ races to unlock new areas.

Little tip for racing game developers, btw, adding more laps to the same courses later in the game doesn't make it harder or more fun.
  • MalodraanMalodraan5,660
    Posted on 17 February 21 at 19:09
    Honestly pretty excited for these games :)
  • crewdycrewdy707,189
    Posted on 18 February 21 at 10:45
    RevRico420 said:
    Chettlar said:
    I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with getting the Dirt 5 completion ASAP. It's going to have a bunch of DLC. It's your own fault if you obsessively grind it out immediately and then hate how boring that is. Like, do it when there's new content maybe?
    It's just not good, so people want to get it over with. I got it for Xmas, haven't touched it since new years.
    "Play how you want to play, only the events you're into" bullshit, unless you like land rushes constantly.

My favorite in the series is still Dirt 3. That, to me, was the right blend of arcade and sim, and if I felt like it I could just pop it in and screw around in a moderately sized gymkhana playground. Can't do that with 5, unless you like really tight courses with really numb controls, and doing 20+ races to unlock new areas.

Little tip for racing game developers, btw, adding more laps to the same courses later in the game doesn't make it harder or more fun.
    Oh my god, this is one of my biggest pet hates with racing games.
    Also see: "Here's the same race you did an hour ago, but now it's raining a bit."

Dirt 5 just completely lacks soul. I saw a post on here where someone said it was "Racing for the sake of forward motion" and I totally agree. It's strange, because the same dev's did MotorStorm & Driveclub back in the day, which were both good games, and then OnRush, which is as dire and boring as Dirt 5.
  • oromexboxoromexbox126,586
    Posted on 18 February 21 at 11:00
    Great news for racing fans.
  • jonnyyyjonnyyy2,058,901
    Posted on 18 February 21 at 11:50
    Allready completed wreckfest on xbox so if i do it on win 10 do i get 1000 g more ?
  • Posted on 18 February 21 at 14:58
    Delighted with both Dirt 5 and Wreckfest. Wreckfest is great fun, guess I now have to hope the GF does not get me it for my birthday!
  • яNxthяNxth731,906
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 01:50
    jonnyyy said:
    Allready completed wreckfest on xbox so if i do it on win 10 do i get 1000 g more ?
    Yes, there is a separate achievement list for the windows 10 version.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.