Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox game releases — February 22nd to 28th

  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead631,893
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 19:29, Edited on 19 February 21 at 19:38 by HolyHalfDead
    There always seems to be one or two titles on the list that don't include the fact they will be playable on XSXS. This week it is:
    Baobabs Mausoleum Grindhouse Edition - Country of Woods and Creepy Tales
    RetroMania Wrestling

    Only games that require Kinect cannot be played on XSXS.

    I'm sure most people here would agree the perfect way to classify the games on this list would be:
    - Xbox One (does not use Smart Delivery, but can be played on XSXS through backward compatibility)
    - Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One (uses Smart Delivery)
    - Xbox Series X|S (cannot be played on Xbox One, or it is a remaster of an Xbox One game with a new achievement list)

    Run a survey if you want to be sure.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 20:08
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I'm sure most people here would agree the perfect way to classify the games on this list would be:
    - Xbox One (does not use Smart Delivery, but can be played on XSXS through backward compatibility)
    - Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One (uses Smart Delivery)
    - Xbox Series X|S (cannot be played on Xbox One, or it is a remaster of an Xbox One game with a new achievement list)

    Run a survey if you want to be sure.
    It's not as easy as that, unfortunately. Smart Delivery is not the only metric that determines a game that has both XB1 and X|S versions (even big third-party titles like Cold War and FIFA 21 don't support Smart Delivery) and since so much of our data, especially on formats, comes direct from the MS Store - where they list every format a game is playable on, hence why we do - we can never tell just from that data whether or not a given game will be playable on X|S via back-compat or via an enhanced version. Best solution might be to have something on the game panels here that indicates whether each game uses Smart Delivery or not... I'll bring that up with the dev team next week.
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 21:22
    I’m all about some wrestling
    Come Join Gamertagnation!!! http://www.gamertagnation.com/?referrerid=3465
  • LIFTY187umLIFTY187um406,209
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 21:38
    What a sorry bunch of crap...... what is the point in next gen consoles when they are just pushing out games the mega drive would of run.....
    gamer score is now pointless thanks to dumb indie games.......
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 19 February 21 at 21:39
    Been waiting for RetroMania Wrestling since July(original release date), hopefully it lives up to the hype.

    BTW, the achievement list was recently released and it's awesome. I can't wait to unlock the "Innovator of Violence" achievement!
  • AddingtonAddington936,411
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 21:46
    prowlerdante said:
    I feel like if Sega wanted to, they'd have a case with Taxi Chaos looking reallllly similar to Crazy Taxi, down to the description saying "your crazy passengers".
    Actually Sega is publishing this title in Japan so they must be on board with it.
  • Posted on 19 February 21 at 22:04
    Was there really clamoring for yet another Aery game?

    Taxi Chaos laugh laugh laugh Nintendo would not put up with this type of crap!
    This space for rent.
  • prowlerdanteprowlerdante1,241,497
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 22:25
    Forzatographer said:
    Been waiting for RetroMania Wrestling since July(original release date), hopefully it lives up to the hype.

    BTW, the achievement list was recently released and it's awesome. I can't wait to unlock the "Innovator of Violence" achievement!
    Looks like it's a fairly simple list too. Looking forward to this actually. Favorite achievement name was "Killin the Biz".

    https://youtu.be/dxm9AG4msig
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,351,073
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 22:46
    LIFTY187um said:
    What a sorry bunch of crap...... what is the point in next gen consoles when they are just pushing out games the mega drive would of run.....
    Cos its piss easy money for alot of indie devs to release the same pixelated retro looking crap with easy achs cos alot of ppl snap them up. Its why i wish they didnt all have 1000gs attached cos the store is oversaturated with garbage. Ms seems to put anything on the store now. Literally zero quality control
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm542,717
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 22:49
    Eurydace said:
    I second his idea. It would be pretty quick to find a trailer and post it with the article. Sure, I could find the same information myself by going to the MS store, but that website sucks and you're still directing people away from TA! If you embed the video here, I stay on TA and maybe click on more articles smile
    I’m with you on this. The MS store is not very good for people who are trying to make informed decisions about which games to buy.

    When I search other websites I’m inundated with ads that have nothing to do with the games I’m interested in buying & tend to overlay the pertinent information. TA articles are to the point (shout out to the entire news team) &, being a pro member, I don’t have to worry about ads.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead631,893
    Posted on 19 February 21 at 23:46, Edited on 19 February 21 at 23:52 by HolyHalfDead
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I'm sure most people here would agree the perfect way to classify the games on this list would be:
    - Xbox One (does not use Smart Delivery, but can be played on XSXS through backward compatibility)
    - Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One (uses Smart Delivery)
    - Xbox Series X|S (cannot be played on Xbox One, or it is a remaster of an Xbox One game with a new achievement list)

    Run a survey if you want to be sure.
    It's not as easy as that, unfortunately. Smart Delivery is not the only metric that determines a game that has both XB1 and X|S versions (even big third-party titles like Cold War and FIFA 21 don't support Smart Delivery) and since so much of our data, especially on formats, comes direct from the MS Store - where they list every format a game is playable on, hence why we do - we can never tell just from that data whether or not a given game will be playable on X|S via back-compat or via an enhanced version. Best solution might be to have something on the game panels here that indicates whether each game uses Smart Delivery or not... I'll bring that up with the dev team next week.
    Good man.

    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is a great example of an exception that breaks my rule cry Are there any other games like this or could TA handle this exception manually.

    FIFA 21 on the other hand is two games (doesn't matter if they are released on the same day, or years apart):
    FIFA 21 (Xbox One) (does not use Smart Delivery, but can be played on XSXS through backward compatibility)
    FIFA 21 (cannot be played on Xbox One, or it is a remaster of an Xbox One game with a new achievement list)

    Unlike CoD Cold War, Just Dance 2021 is two games sold for a combined price:
    Just Dance 2021 (Xbox One)
    Just Dance 2021
    Same for Control Ultimate Edition.

    TA does already know which games support Smart Delivery https://www.trueachievements.com/smart-delivery/games so just adding that to the panel would be a huge improvement to all us XSXS owners smile

    And as we already know a game can launch as "Xbox One" and later become "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One". We may even get games that launch as "Xbox Series X|S" that later become "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One". Although I can only think of a couple of Xbox One games that were a timed exclusive, such as:
    LocoCycle (22 Nov 2013)
    LocoCycle (Xbox 360) (14 Feb 2014)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 20 February 21 at 00:32
    HolyHalfDead said:
    TA does already know which games support Smart Delivery https://www.trueachievements.com/smart-delivery/games so just adding that to the panel would be a huge improvement to all us XSXS owners smile
    Major releases that 'break the rules' like CoD we can 100% handle manually, but smaller games that do so are much harder to track for us, hence why this is so difficult. I do think that a Smart Delivery tag on these (where relevant) would really help, but again, that would be based on a combination of store data and team knowledge, so it would still be fallible. Will see what we can do, though!
  • LIFTY187umLIFTY187um406,209
    Posted on 20 February 21 at 01:23
    NO1KEV said:
    LIFTY187um said:
    What a sorry bunch of crap...... what is the point in next gen consoles when they are just pushing out games the mega drive would of run.....
    Cos its piss easy money for alot of indie devs to release the same pixelated retro looking crap with easy achs cos alot of ppl snap them up. Its why i wish they didnt all have 1000gs attached cos the store is oversaturated with garbage. Ms seems to put anything on the store now. Literally zero quality control
    Totally agree, gamer score is dead now because of this.
    gamer score is now pointless thanks to dumb indie games.......
  • SnorehammerSnorehammer124,099
    Posted on 20 February 21 at 06:40
    Hmm, more Souls-like games for me please.
  • foodfood118,148
    Posted on 20 February 21 at 07:36
    Looking forward to Killer Queen Black, based on an excellent modern arcade game. Retromania Wrestling looks great as well, a pseudo-sequal to WWF Wrestlefest.
  • Posted on 20 February 21 at 08:42
    Few there to keep an eye out for, Metal Gladiators and the Horny Knight look sound pretty interesting. I just bought a couple of roguelites, wouldn't mind some more if ole Horny is one it will be a buy. I don't care for watching vids on games, old school, I just buy em. One of the recent purchases was a bit of a flop (Synthetic...something or other) but Heroes of Hammersmith is a great little game, my second gamble! Any AAA purchases I will read about, don't want any vids. Obviously I don't expect many to share that approach to games so some kind of video for others is probably a good idea.
  • mjswoooshmjswooosh82,180
    Posted on 20 February 21 at 13:21
    Curse of the Dead Gods looks like the best of the lot and it ain't close (altho I'll at least give some time to Killer Queen Black).
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,402,734
    Posted on 20 February 21 at 17:02
    PuckJunkie said:
    I'm only playing Taxi Chaos if the soundtrack has Offspring and Bad Religion! laugh
    Must include bad habit
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm542,717
    Posted on 21 February 21 at 16:58
    Katana Kata is about 20% off so I pre-ordered it.
  • Posted on 22 February 21 at 06:01
    Remember the 360 days, when AAA and AA games were released on a regular basis? Now, we hardly get those games anymore, and instead get these types of games that would easily run on a PS1.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.