Genre Discussion Archive: Allison's Diary: Rebirth

An archive messageboard for all things genres

Allison's Diary: Rebirth Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: Allison's Diary: Rebirth

• Information
    Posted on 07 March 21 at 11:41
    Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
  • MMMDIMMMDI1,160,828
    Posted on 07 March 21 at 11:42, Edited on 07 March 21 at 11:45 by MMMDI
    Pretty sure it should be survival horror.

"If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below."

=

Button takes me back to this page, so if I'm missing something or the feature is broke, yell at me.
  • IcyThrasherIcyThrasher1,333,823
    Posted on 07 March 21 at 23:46
    If you have played the game you want to disagree with, on this page there should be an additional button to the right of post reply. Instead of hitting post reply, you will want to hit the new button which is something like add genre disagreement.
  • MMMDIMMMDI1,160,828
    Posted on 08 March 21 at 03:09
    That's what I figured, but clicking it just brings me back to this page with two notes at the top:

Genre voting is currently closed for this title. If you have played the title and disagree with the current genres, please read through the discussion below, leave your own thoughts, and press the "Add genre disagreement" button.

Please specify the genres you think should be added or removed, and why
    And I have played and finished this game.
  • RumbleFish10RumbleFish101,788,752
    Posted on 08 November 22 at 19:14
    Is this more of walking sim horror adventure or is there more to it? Since Survival Horror was mentioned above.
  • NajayNajay143,295
    Posted on 08 November 22 at 19:21, Edited on 08 November 22 at 19:26 by Najay
    I think some of these games are a genuine explore and hide or run away. Other games like outlast or even slender fit the fine line of survival horror and not survival horror by having management of batteries for your light based equipment that you need to conserve to better help yourself. Having a game just be run and hide and nothing more concrete to it would really kill that line and add a couple dozen of adventure horrors out there into the genre and diminish its true meaning/existence.

Sure, the genre definition says usual combat, but it does specify inventory and resource management and allocation.
    Genre manager for TA.
  • RumbleFish10RumbleFish101,788,752
    Posted on 08 November 22 at 19:39
    Najay#4672 said:
    I think some of these games are a genuine explore and hide or run away. Other games like outlast or even slender fit the fine line of survival horror and not survival horror by having management of batteries for your light based equipment that you need to conserve to better help yourself. Having a game just be run and hide and nothing more concrete to it would really kill that line and add a couple dozen of adventure horrors out there into the genre and diminish its true meaning/existence.

Sure, the genre definition says usual combat, but it does specify inventory and resource management and allocation.
    That is true, I absolutely understand what you mean. It's sometimes hard to tell, even if you look up gameplay. I feel like playing them for myself helps more, or even hearing what other members of the community think. And if they're poorly done on top of it it takes away from the survival horror experience altogether, so where do you really place them then? I think it'll forever be a tough one to call but I try not to compare everything to Silent Hill or Resident Evil. Then you'll just be stuck with those two series and hardly anything else to fit the genre smile
  • Information
    Posted on 17 May 23 at 11:37
    This post was archived by ChinDocta
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads