Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass gets Fallout 4, Oblivion, Prey, and nine more Bethesda titles tomorrow

• psportalpsportal178,026
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 06:17
    Spybreaker said:
    psportal said:
    Here's hoping that DLC for these games will go free (like for Halo, Gears Of War or Crackdown)
    No offense but how do you think they're going to make back that $7.5 Billion Investment!?
    None taken.

I dunno. It's just something that I have convinced myself that it will happen. This announcement is the only reason why I haven't bought any DLC for New Vegas.

swenor said:
    EXACTLY.
    :(
    M.A.K.
  • psportalpsportal178,026
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 06:19
    Bort Bortson said:
    Atoms, lots and lots of atoms. Once everyone is playing Fallout 76 the flow of atoms will be a deluge of cash. They probably already made back the investment as of typing this.

But seriously most game pass and games for gold games that have been out a while seem to have an offering of dlc available. Boost the player base and if development costs are all recouped by then then any extra dlc sales is all to profit or to fund another game.

Now for something like this that isnt just a contract to bring a game to game pass for a year or so its different. MS doesnt need to get $7.5billion in new sub fees over say 7 years to have the deal be profitable since some of that purchase price includes assets that will have some value that will stay and grow. Todd Howard didnt get an iversized novelty check made out for$7.5billion lol.The value of the IPs, physical assets etc just adds to MS total value. Some of it was probably to acquire any debt Bethesda had which is neither good not bad depending on how MS wants to book it. Really what they need to worry about recouping is any premium paid to the owners of Bethesda which again is simple. Bethesda owners were paid more to be bought out today then they felt they could book in profit over so many years in the future. If MS using their efficiencies and strengths can book more profit than what they paid to the owners over the same calculated years then MS will come out ahead and then the investment in Bethesda starts really adding to the bottom line. Again its probably a 5 to 7 or maybe even a 10 year investment timeline for MS.
    Interesting.
    M.A.K.
  • Destro WODDestro WOD372,358
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 06:33
    travelful said:
    Will Morrowind have achievements?
    Nah its the BC version.... Still a great game but no cheevos.

Personally i hope Wolf 2 get added later, i bough the DLC on sale but i done the game the first time it was on GP so i was thinking of buying it, but i rather wait it come back now.
    Destro WOD
  • kriegirkriegir828,568
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 06:57
    Same old same. The people that actually want to play these games already paid for them.
  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs243,773
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 08:15
    A DEAD B0DY MAN said:
    Man no one is going to buy any games anymore lol...
    It's definitely going that way! GamePass is an amazing deal, Microsoft have really stepped up their game in recent years.
    Staff Writer - TrueAchievements / TrueTrophies Xbox Ambassador/Insider/Achievement Hunter Find Me - Xbox / Twitter / Instagram / Youtube
  • Im VincyoIm Vincyo230,496
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 08:16
    Why not Wolfenstein 2: New Colussus?
  • TheDub87TheDub8728,826
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 08:42
    Definitely jumping into the Doom Series!
  • Lord MidasLord Midas320,205
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 08:44
    This is amazing. Long live Game Pass and more studio acquisitions for Xbox.
    Would you kindly
  • Sonic6LSonic6L198,814
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 08:44
    If I didn't already own 75% of these, this would make GP very very tempting to buy.
  • Lord MidasLord Midas320,205
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 08:54
    kriegir said:
    Same old same. The people that actually want to play these games already paid for them.
    Lol, that's what you take from this amazing influx of games to Game Pass. Saying that is exactly the same for every game on Game Pass. This is no different.

I played Doom back in '94 and then all the others on PC. Never needed to buy them on Xbox. But now I can play them again without paying. You must realise there are my folks who have an Xbox and don't buy every game?
    Would you kindly
  • Posted on 12 March 21 at 10:21
    Cool I wanted to play all the Doom games even the classics. Just need to boost those multiplayer achievements.
  • TheSpaceJackTheSpaceJack106,433
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 10:40
    Wow! That's huge! Microsoft x Bethesda is the best thing that happened recently.
  • YATVAN3YATVAN3460,892
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 10:48, Edited on 12 March 21 at 10:51 by YATVAN3
    ...although a great addition to Game Pass, i personally start regretting buying all those games in the past which in many cases i even did not started to play them yet...off course i know i own the games i bought but most are only played once, so...well, anyways: enjoy...
  • DriZzT1987DriZzT1987367,683
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 10:49
    Does oblivion get achievements on the PC?
  • legendwariorlegendwarior386,431 386,431 GamerScore
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 11:16
    DriZzT1987 said:
    Does oblivion get achievements on the PC?
    I asked xbox support via chat and they are added in the future for oblivion,morrowind and dishonored DE.
  • SERPENT SUICIDESERPENT SUICIDE1,485,488
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 11:49
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    SERPENT SUICIDE said:
    I wonder if I can switch my Xbox region to Japan and download the Japanese version of Oblivion.
    This work in xbox 360? Or in games from Gp?It seems that in the JP version the 250GS of dlc are in the base game, cross your fingers to be able to play it and have the 1250G
    I have just downloaded the game via Japan region, unfortunately it does not work angry
  • benvegbenveg577,765
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 11:55
    Good stuff, when Fallout 3 remaster?
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76585,644
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 11:58
    AxeL R GR said:
    This announcement is strategically placed at around the time when those "3 months for 1 euro" subscriptions are expiring. Well played.
    The announcement is placed around the deal being greenlighted by the authorities a couple of days ago.
  • benvegbenveg577,765
    Posted on 12 March 21 at 12:06
    Yes, thanks Antitrust for the long delay
  • Posted on 12 March 21 at 12:14, Edited on 12 March 21 at 12:14 by I KAZAR I
    benveg said:
    Good stuff, when Fallout 3 remaster?
    I dream for this day !
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.