Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Skyrim, Fallout 4, and more Bethesda games now have Windows 10 achievement lists

• RadiantViperRadiantViper908,833
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 08:12, Edited on 13 March 21 at 08:17 by RadiantViper
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    RadiantViper said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    You (Radiant Viper) are picking out the word motivation and bending it to what you want (Radient Viper... oh god, I just realized its you, you troll and twist peoples words just like you are doing now)

I also said agency and investment. The 3 work together when playing a game. Many of us here on this ACHIEVEMENT WEBSITE won't touch games with a ratio of 20. We think, man I will never get these, lets play something more attainable. It works both ways. Too easy, or too hard. Achievements are not the SOLE reason we play games, but here on this ACHIEVEMENT WEBSITE, they play a part in our choices and motivation and investment in what games we play.

If I just wanted to play for fun, I would play on Steam with mods. If I can hit a button and get 100% of all the achievements in 30 seconds then I lose my INVESTMENT in wanting to play the game. Yes, aiming to get achievements bringing many of us motivation to play a game a little longer than other, or to work on a challenge that many would just ingore and move on to the next game.

Since you troll so often and only see things in black and white and inside your point of view. This is the last I am arguing with you about this.
    I'm not twisting anything. You're flat out saying achievements are your primary motivation/investment/whatever word you want to use.
    Lol. A True troll. Bravo!!! "I am not twisting anything. You are flat out ENTER TOTAL NONSENSE HERE"

Never in the 15 paragpahgras that I typed did I say anything even close to that. I said very simple and easy for even you to understand "Achievements are not the SOLE reason we play games, but here on this ACHIEVEMENT WEBSITE, they play a part in our choices and motivation and investment in what games we play. "

Let me say that again "THEY PLAY A PART"
    How does "a part" = "sole reason"
    Bro, I am blocking you. I can't waste any more time with this trolling.
    "Primary" does not mean "sole reason". You should try to understand what words mean before accusing me of twisting them.

No big loss if you can't handle a basic debate without flipping out and accusing someone of trolling. Hopefully one day you grow up and realize people are allowed to disagree with you.
  • Posted on 13 March 21 at 08:12
    It's a shame that Oblivion doesn't have achievements on PC.
  • FoogaFooga1,841,421
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 09:43
    Damn lots of stacks here. I’ll hit em all up eventually (I’ll wait til the CCs are sorted out for Skyrim and fallout).
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76595,349
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 11:11
    WithTheDawn said:
    EarthboundX said:
    WithTheDawn said:
    ChuckNorrisJunr said:
    Gutted that console commands work for Skyrim to unlock all the achievements. Was looking forward to playing it again but feels a bit sullied now
    Ugh, that is so disappointing. No point in playing these again now :(
    I don't see the logic there. You can still play it, what do console commands have to do with that? Just don't use them.
    There is less value in the completion if people can do it in a matter of minutes.
    The only "value" in a completion is the value you put into it yourself. Absolutely no one else cares. (Quite literally.) So why do you care about anyone else's completions?

I get it - completions can be fun and feel like a great achievement. But when that becomes the only reason to play a game... you're kind of doing it wrong. That's like not playing with your kids anymore, because someone else "cheated" by hiring a nanny. That makes no sense to me.

Just enjoy yourself and don't worry so much about others.
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn652,389
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 11:49
    SilentJay76 said:
    WithTheDawn said:
    EarthboundX said:
    WithTheDawn said:
    ChuckNorrisJunr said:
    Gutted that console commands work for Skyrim to unlock all the achievements. Was looking forward to playing it again but feels a bit sullied now
    Ugh, that is so disappointing. No point in playing these again now :(
    I don't see the logic there. You can still play it, what do console commands have to do with that? Just don't use them.
    There is less value in the completion if people can do it in a matter of minutes.
    The only "value" in a completion is the value you put into it yourself. Absolutely no one else cares. (Quite literally.) So why do you care about anyone else's completions?

I get it - completions can be fun and feel like a great achievement. But when that becomes the only reason to play a game... you're kind of doing it wrong. That's like not playing with your kids anymore, because someone else "cheated" by hiring a nanny. That makes no sense to me.

Just enjoy yourself and don't worry so much about others.
    I couldn't care less what others think. I personally find less value in the completion if it can be done with console commands.
  • Posted on 13 March 21 at 13:17
    Morrowind and Oblivion need achievements.
  • Posted on 13 March 21 at 15:52
    Phantom Deth said:
    Morrowind and Oblivion need achievements.
    Yes they do. I would be ecstatic to play oblivion for a third time for achievements.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm473,185
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 16:29
    EarthboundX said:
    I do think achievement hunting can become a form of an addiction. I can't imagine people thought this way about gaming before achievements. Things like Game Genie/Shark, or even simple things like level select codes and other cheats had existed way before, and I've never seen anyone ever bring up that they lost motivation to play a game they wanted to, because Game Genie exists, and other people might be using them.
    Agreed. There's a difference between collecting and gaming. A collector will use console commands or other exploits to get achievements or accomplish other feats. Gamers get their satisfaction by accomplishments within the rules of the game.
  • EurydaceEurydace590,784
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 17:13
    Allgorhythm said:
    EarthboundX said:
    I do think achievement hunting can become a form of an addiction. I can't imagine people thought this way about gaming before achievements. Things like Game Genie/Shark, or even simple things like level select codes and other cheats had existed way before, and I've never seen anyone ever bring up that they lost motivation to play a game they wanted to, because Game Genie exists, and other people might be using them.
    Agreed. There's a difference between collecting and gaming. A collector will use console commands or other exploits to get achievements or accomplish other feats. Gamers get their satisfaction by accomplishments within the rules of the game.
    I'm not sure this describes everyone in this situation. I think gamers will still use console commands because to them, the metagame of achievements is more important.
  • Posted on 13 March 21 at 17:39
    I have Skyrim and Skyrim special edition on Steam, so will these be updated to the Win10 version now and when I unlock the steam achievements, I also get the win10 achievement?
  • 粉丝游戏粉丝游戏772,259
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 18:04
    The Biodreamer said:
    I have Skyrim and Skyrim special edition on Steam, so will these be updated to the Win10 version now and when I unlock the steam achievements, I also get the win10 achievement?
    haven´t seen official statement regarding to your question on steam page,
    in case you should ask through official forum ,
    in my opinion the cross platfome for free upgrade on skyrim will not be offered nor even planned .shock
  • Posted on 13 March 21 at 18:20
    粉丝游戏#1371 said:
    The Biodreamer said:
    haven´t seen official statement regarding to your question on steam page,
    in case you should ask through official forum ,
    in my opinion the cross platfome for free upgrade on skyrim will not be offered nor even planned .shock
    it's not crossplatform if I bought the windows versions on Steam, why would there be a specific version only available on Xbox game pass, that isn't listed in a store so you can buy it? I also got the game on xbox one. So I already have three sets of achievements to unlock in it and I haven't finished one of them.
  • JKSullivanJKSullivan745,356
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 18:58, Edited on 14 March 21 at 02:52 by JKSullivan
    Anybody else having issues being able to play Skyrim on Win10? I keep getting an error message that it can't sign me into Live - despite already being signed in on the Xbox app and on Xbox.com - which then forces me to quit Skyrim.

EDIT - fixed it, launched one of the MS casual games to confirm it showed me as logged in, quit, and then was able to launch Skyrim. Bonus find, my laptop can actually run it on the Ultra default settings!
  • Posted on 13 March 21 at 21:34
    Never used console commands

It's cheating in my opinion
    I have to politely disagree, they are all better off neither seen nor heard
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 22:32
    Eurydace said:
    I'm not sure this describes everyone in this situation. I think gamers will still use console commands because to them, the metagame of achievements is more important.
    I don't think we're in disagreement. Your metagamer and my achievement collector are one and the same person.
  • AuraidAuraid499,642
    Posted on 13 March 21 at 23:23
    Console commands... facepalm
  • EurydaceEurydace590,784
    Posted on 14 March 21 at 01:17
    Allgorhythm said:
    Eurydace said:
    I don't think we're in disagreement. Your metagamer and my achievement collector are one and the same person.
    Well you agreed with him and I disagreed with him laugh
    Posted on 14 March 21 at 02:52
    Eurydace said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Eurydace said:
    Well you agreed with him and I disagreed with him laugh
    I wasn't clear in what I was agreeing with. I agreed with:
    I've never seen anyone ever bring up that they lost motivation to play a game they wanted to, because Game Genie exists, and other people might be using them.
    I went on to explain what I thought was different. Someone who uses Game Genie is not collecting--merely using the device to assist with certain aspects of the game. An achievement hunter is a collector. Collectors are competitive. They all want to have the 'best' collection. You referred to it as a meta-game.

So, players who are involved in competitive collection might object to something like console commands that make one person's collecting easier than the other. However, the owners of Game Genies were not competing against people who did not have Game Genies.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper908,833
    Posted on 14 March 21 at 03:37, Edited on 14 March 21 at 03:39 by RadiantViper
    It doesn't make one person's collecting easier than the other, because everyone can do it.

If you're accepted that you want to gain achievements to be "competitive", you should have long ago realized that easy games are a part of it. There's always the option of focusing on a stat other than gamerscore.
  • fabian907fabian907449,897
    Posted on 14 March 21 at 08:08
    Gets a LASO checkpoint: I sleep
    Boosts a dead game: I sleep
    Rubber bands: I sleep
    Achievements obtained by a modder in 360: I sort of sleep
    Second profile glitch: I somewhat sleep
    Someone else using your account: I slap your hand
    Pressing buttons to get achievements: Have a good day!
    Using the command line: STOP, YOU HAVE COMMITTED MURDER, TREASON, VIOLENCE, AND FOR THAT YOU SHALL FACE DEATH
    Need help for Destiny Xbox 360/One? Get I can be your 6th for the Flawless/King's Fall Raid.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.